X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's over. let's be realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post
      If we make the playoffs this year I'd put my house on us winning the super bowl. This team is so boom or bust.
      ????

Comment

Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post
        Four games. One fourth of the season.
        I wouldn't lose ALL hope if the Giants were down 21-0 at THE END OF THE FIRST QUARTER of a single game.
        Anything can happen. That's the way sports are.
        They re NOT a no-talent team, incapable of competing.
        Theirs 12 more opportunities to win this season. 10, or even 9 wins might get them into the tournament.
        DON'T GIVE UP !!!!!!
        Let's play, with reckless enthusiasm, and see how it all shakes out.
        GO G-MEN !!!!!
        Um,, should we call a doctor ?

Comment

Originally posted by simmstolt View Post
          You can root for another Coughlin win 5 out of 7 meaningless games to finish 7-9 but me? Bring on 0-16 so there is a 1% chance this pathetic ownership will make ACTUAL changes. This team has sucked for YEARS. They are not making the playoffs, there isn't even historical precedent.

​​​​​
          I'm all for the 0 -16 but what's the point if Ben & Jerry are still around ?
          I can just see it now the 1st round #1 pick of the draft being a 'Project" 3rd string
          LT from Div III Hee Haw State community college !

Comment

Let Eli rest his weary body on the bench.
            Put Geno in to take the beating.
            Start Vereen at RB; he's going to get injured then released anyway.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post

Yes. There IS historical precedent.

92 chargers went 0-4 losing by combined 66 points.

Went 11-1 rest of season.
              Is there precedent for 0-5?

Comment

Boxcar, did Reese or MacSlick pay you to write this post? I suppose winning every remaining game is just as possible as, oh, just as possible as, I mean just as possible as,I'm saying just as possible as, oh, forget it.:-)

Comment

Originally posted by simmstolt View Post

Is there precedent for 0-5?
                  No

:c

Comment

Look,anything Is possible. I mean the jets have a winning record and buffalo in first place lol. Too many injuries, bad luck,behind the scenes drama and bad coaching. I want to believe, I swear I do, but I'm worried and scared. Unless the Giants rookies can copy the Yankees rookie magic, cant see anything positive happening. I believe macadoo wont be fired.-they will bring in a offensive coordinator to help him next season.
                    '"Respect All,Fear none'''

Comment

It was over after the first offensive series in the first game.

Comment

Originally posted by boxcar willie View Post
                        Four games. One fourth of the season.
                        I wouldn't lose ALL hope if the Giants were down 21-0 at THE END OF THE FIRST QUARTER of a single game.
                        Anything can happen. That's the way sports are.
                        They re NOT a no-talent team, incapable of competing.
                        Theirs 12 more opportunities to win this season. 10, or even 9 wins might get them into the tournament.
                        DON'T GIVE UP !!!!!!
                        Let's play, with reckless enthusiasm, and see how it all shakes out.
                        GO G-MEN !!!!!
                        One thing standing in the way.

BMac!

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzel View Post

The Germans didn't bomb Pearl Harbour. But hey, if we can change history, maybe we can change the last four games as well.
                          lol....It amazes me that line still gets by people.

The correct response is "Germans?" Followed by "Let him go, he's on a roll"
                          Last edited by FBomb; 10-14-2017, 09:05 AM.
                          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatone80 View Post
                            Look,anything Is possible. I mean the jets have a winning record and buffalo in first place lol. Too many injuries, bad luck,behind the scenes drama and bad coaching. I want to believe, I swear I do, but I'm worried and scared. Unless the Giants rookies can copy the Yankees rookie magic, cant see anything positive happening. I believe macadoo wont be fired.-they will bring in a offensive coordinator to help him next season.
                            he really needs to give up play calling, and be the head coach, but I don't see his ego allowing that.

Comment

As much as I would like to believe in miracles it's over. The fat lady has sung and left the building along with the Giants season.
                              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                                no .... it's not over ... there are 12 more meaningless games to watch

lets break this down

.... since 1990.... 3 of 132 teams that have started 0-3 have made the playoffs ... thats 2%

1 of 87 teams that have started 0-4 have made the playoffs ... that's 1%

it is indeed over my friends... and it's been over since the 61 yd FG against the Eagles

I mean the season is not meaningless. Going 50% hear on out would be respectable.
                                Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Working...
                                X