Odell should now sit until he is no less than 100%

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odell should now sit until he is no less than 100%

With this season being toast, there really isn't much of a reason to have our best player on offense playing when he clearly isn't his usual self. We saw first hand with Hakeem Nicks how playing hurt like that leads to long term damage. In Nicks' case, he lost his burst and career. The same could happen to OBJ if he tries too hard right now in fighting for a lost cause. He has nothing to gain by playing at the moment. Do you agree or disagree that OBJ should sit before it gets even worse?
    We all that we got!

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
    With this season being toast, there really isn't much of a reason to have our best player on offense playing when he clearly isn't his usual self. We saw first hand with Hakeem Nicks how playing hurt like that leads to long term damage. In Nicks' case, he lost his burst and career. The same could happen to OBJ if he tries too hard right now in fighting for a lost cause. He has nothing to gain by playing at the moment. Do you agree or disagree that OBJ should sit before it gets even worse?
    I would sit him simply for the fact that it gives us a better chance to lose

Comment

Originally posted by raygunpunx View Post

I would sit him simply for the fact that it gives us a better chance to lose
      Players aren't going to tank, mainly because they want to win and their employment isn't guaranteed with the team next season. In Odell's case, he means a lot to the future of the giants. You can tell that he wants to be out there competing. IMO, someone needs to get him out of his own way and tell him to sit this out as much as possible.
      We all that we got!

Comment

They're going after his knees. Doesn't matter if he sits down, once he come back they will try it again. He can sit out and hopefully we can draft Barkley and make up for the Gurley pick. A good running back is what we need to help Odell and the offense.

Comment

At least we can all agree that the kid is tough. Playing with a bad ankle and is still giving it 100%
          I'm a big fan of the kid (favorite player on the team) but I think you're right. Sit him for the next few weeks, no reason to jeopardize his future (which we all know his agent and friends are screaming in his ear)
          This team is the walking dead, no reason hurting the best player on our team. Even though I bet their are a few fans who don't care about that sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
            They're going after his knees. Doesn't matter if he sits down, once he come back they will try it again. He can sit out and hopefully we can draft Barkley and make up for the Gurley pick. A good running back is what we need to help Odell and the offense.
            I agree. If we had Gurley right now things would be a lot better.
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
              At least we can all agree that the kid is tough. Playing with a bad ankle and is still giving it 100%
              I'm a big fan of the kid (favorite player on the team) but I think you're right. Sit him for the next few weeks, no reason to jeopardize his future (which we all know his agent and friends are screaming in his ear)
              This team is the walking dead, no reason hurting the best player on our team. Even though I bet their are a few fans who don't care about that sadly.
              I agree with you. There's just no point in jeopardizing him long term for short term wins that won't do much to change things.
              We all that we got!

Comment

He won't because despite what many Giants fans currently think, Odell is a gamer and wants to win more than most. He will play and play well. Its unfortunate that the rest of the team stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                  He won't because despite what many Giants fans currently think, Odell is a gamer and wants to win more than most. He will play and play well. Its unfortunate that the rest of the team stinks.
                  Hakeem Nicks was a gamer too. He played injured constantly. Odell is clearly playing both hurt and injured. When you start playing injured, that's when you start putting your long term status in danger. He is more than good enough to be effective even at about 75%. However, there's just no point in doing that now. Like Ricky Watters said back in the day, "for who and for what."
                  We all that we got!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                      This offence isn't going anywhere. We need OBJ at 100% next year. I wouldnt mind if he were to sit out. Honestly

Comment

He's used to catching with one hand.

Comment

I want him to continue playing. The giants should involve him earlier because he's still at a historic pace. Want him to obilerate records.

Comment

I don't understand this notion that he is not close to 100%. He looks pretty awesome out there to me (minus the dumb drops). That play on the sideline where he caught a short yardage pass and made about 4 guys miss, breaking tackles and stretched it into a ~15 yard gain. He wouldn't have done that against Detroit. Another one in the first half where he caught one over the middle and made two guys miss and picked up a first down. And then you had pure dominance in Philly where he turned the game around with two spectacular TD catches and other first down catches.

It seems like he is very close to 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post
                              I don't understand this notion that he is not close to 100%. He looks pretty awesome out there to me (minus the dumb drops). That play on the sideline where he caught a short yardage pass and made about 4 guys miss, breaking tackles and stretched it into a ~15 yard gain. He wouldn't have done that against Detroit. Another one in the first half where he caught one over the middle and made two guys miss and picked up a first down. And then you had pure dominance in Philly where he turned the game around with two spectacular TD catches and other first down catches.

It seems like he is very close to 100%.
                              He doesn't have the acceleration/burst he typically does. Case in point, that deep catch against TB would've been a TD with a healthy ankle IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X