X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SG88
    started a topic Odell should now sit until he is no less than 100%

Odell should now sit until he is no less than 100%

With this season being toast, there really isn't much of a reason to have our best player on offense playing when he clearly isn't his usual self. We saw first hand with Hakeem Nicks how playing hurt like that leads to long term damage. In Nicks' case, he lost his burst and career. The same could happen to OBJ if he tries too hard right now in fighting for a lost cause. He has nothing to gain by playing at the moment. Do you agree or disagree that OBJ should sit before it gets even worse?

• DarkSaint
    replied
    We're losing the close games we won last year.

Defense has packed it in because of the offense.

Many of our problems on o are because of a lack of run game. No one knew Perkins would regress this bad especially after having that big game in Washington.

I called Gallman A. Williams 2.0 before preseason, with that in mind I was calling to put him on the field just to see what we have and hopefully catch lightening in a bottle.

A good running game will fix our problems on offense, this was supposed to be a Superbowl caliber team and if we can clean up our mess i believe we can reel off a good winning streak. Need a win against the chargers and the Broncos which could catepult us like the GB game in 2011.

We were 2-3 last year and caught fire. In 2012 we started 7-3 and missed out on the division to the skins who started off slow.

If Gallman can become the back we expected Perkins to become then every game is winnable and until we are mathematically eliminated, I refuse to give up on the season or sit our best player.

Leave a comment:

• kingcap88
    replied
    Odell is looking for a big pay day. No way he's going to sit until he's 100% and it's unlikely the Giants would ask him to rest until he's a 100%. The Giants shouldn't push him too hard until he heals up more, but he's not going to sit if he can play.

Leave a comment:

• EliDaMANning
    replied
    Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

I remember that play but not extremely crisply. Wasn't he tackled almost directly after he caught it? I don't remember him being chased down from behind.
    It looked like he could've caught it in stride and kept running but he made the decision to catch the ball first especially since he had a few drops earlier.

Leave a comment:

• NYG9289
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueReign View Post

He doesn't have the acceleration/burst he typically does. Case in point, that deep catch against TB would've been a TD with a healthy ankle IMO.
    I remember that play but not extremely crisply. Wasn't he tackled almost directly after he caught it? I don't remember him being chased down from behind.

Leave a comment:

• BlueReign
    replied
    Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post
    I don't understand this notion that he is not close to 100%. He looks pretty awesome out there to me (minus the dumb drops). That play on the sideline where he caught a short yardage pass and made about 4 guys miss, breaking tackles and stretched it into a ~15 yard gain. He wouldn't have done that against Detroit. Another one in the first half where he caught one over the middle and made two guys miss and picked up a first down. And then you had pure dominance in Philly where he turned the game around with two spectacular TD catches and other first down catches.

It seems like he is very close to 100%.
    He doesn't have the acceleration/burst he typically does. Case in point, that deep catch against TB would've been a TD with a healthy ankle IMO.

Leave a comment:

• NYG9289
    replied
    I don't understand this notion that he is not close to 100%. He looks pretty awesome out there to me (minus the dumb drops). That play on the sideline where he caught a short yardage pass and made about 4 guys miss, breaking tackles and stretched it into a ~15 yard gain. He wouldn't have done that against Detroit. Another one in the first half where he caught one over the middle and made two guys miss and picked up a first down. And then you had pure dominance in Philly where he turned the game around with two spectacular TD catches and other first down catches.

It seems like he is very close to 100%.

Leave a comment:

• DarkSaint
    replied
    I want him to continue playing. The giants should involve him earlier because he's still at a historic pace. Want him to obilerate records.

Leave a comment:

• DarkSaint
    replied
    He's used to catching with one hand.

Leave a comment:

• CGYgiant
    replied
    Originally posted by SG88 View Post
    With this season being toast, there really isn't much of a reason to have our best player on offense playing when he clearly isn't his usual self. We saw first hand with Hakeem Nicks how playing hurt like that leads to long term damage. In Nicks' case, he lost his burst and career. The same could happen to OBJ if he tries too hard right now in fighting for a lost cause. He has nothing to gain by playing at the moment. Do you agree or disagree that OBJ should sit before it gets even worse?
    This offence isn't going anywhere. We need OBJ at 100% next year. I wouldnt mind if he were to sit out. Honestly

Leave a comment:

• SanAntonioGiant
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SG88
    replied
    Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    He won't because despite what many Giants fans currently think, Odell is a gamer and wants to win more than most. He will play and play well. Its unfortunate that the rest of the team stinks.
    Hakeem Nicks was a gamer too. He played injured constantly. Odell is clearly playing both hurt and injured. When you start playing injured, that's when you start putting your long term status in danger. He is more than good enough to be effective even at about 75%. However, there's just no point in doing that now. Like Ricky Watters said back in the day, "for who and for what."

Leave a comment:

• tdawg1413
    replied
    He won't because despite what many Giants fans currently think, Odell is a gamer and wants to win more than most. He will play and play well. Its unfortunate that the rest of the team stinks.

Leave a comment:

• SG88
    replied
    Originally posted by primetime View Post
    At least we can all agree that the kid is tough. Playing with a bad ankle and is still giving it 100%
    I'm a big fan of the kid (favorite player on the team) but I think you're right. Sit him for the next few weeks, no reason to jeopardize his future (which we all know his agent and friends are screaming in his ear)
    This team is the walking dead, no reason hurting the best player on our team. Even though I bet their are a few fans who don't care about that sadly.
    I agree with you. There's just no point in jeopardizing him long term for short term wins that won't do much to change things.

Leave a comment:

• bigbluejeep8888
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
    They're going after his knees. Doesn't matter if he sits down, once he come back they will try it again. He can sit out and hopefully we can draft Barkley and make up for the Gurley pick. A good running back is what we need to help Odell and the offense.
    I agree. If we had Gurley right now things would be a lot better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X