Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' Jonathan Casillas: Defense needs to 'make a damn play'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants' Jonathan Casillas: Defense needs to 'make a damn play'

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

    Excerpt: " It was the type of situation the Giants' defense thrived in last season.

    The offense had done just enough to give the Giants a late lead in Sunday's game against the Buccaneers. The defense took the field with 3:16 remaining needing one stop to secure the win.

    But for the second consecutive week, the defense failed to come through. The Buccaneers drove 59 yards in nine plays to set up Nick Folk's 34-yard game-winning field goal as time expired. The 25-23 lossdropped the Giants to 0-4 and, most shockingly, it has been the defense that has let the team down in the past two games.

    "Our defense has to be the ones that suck it up and make a damn play when it comes down to it," defensive captain Jonathan Casillas said. "I don't think we've done that in the last two weeks." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    He's getting exposed because big hank isnt there. He takes bad angles and avoids contact unless he has a clear shot.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

      Excerpt: " It was the type of situation the Giants' defense thrived in last season.

      The offense had done just enough to give the Giants a late lead in Sunday's game against the Buccaneers. The defense took the field with 3:16 remaining needing one stop to secure the win.

      But for the second consecutive week, the defense failed to come through. The Buccaneers drove 59 yards in nine plays to set up Nick Folk's 34-yard game-winning field goal as time expired. The 25-23 lossdropped the Giants to 0-4 and, most shockingly, it has been the defense that has let the team down in the past two games.

      "Our defense has to be the ones that suck it up and make a damn play when it comes down to it," defensive captain Jonathan Casillas said. "I don't think we've done that in the last two weeks." Read more...
      I think we need to start playing the young guys and see what we have. Lets give the new QB some snaps. Players that are going to be FA's at the end of the year start thinking of there careers when the team becomes a also ran. They play not to get hurt. Maybe its time to move Eli so he gets a shot at a SB with another team like his brother. We could get a few picks.
      Last edited by bigjeep; 10-02-2017, 08:27 PM.
      Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

      Comment


      • #4
        I think the team should switch places.

        OBJ would make a good DB.

        Snacks could be the fullback and JPP the tight end.

        Eli can punt.
        Fan since 1970.


        "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"
        -- Joe Don Looney

        Comment


        • #5
          What do you guys think about Tomlinson? I havent heard much of him.

          I still cant believe the D voted Casillas the D captain. Seems like it should be Collins no doubt.
          Last edited by TheAnalyst; 10-03-2017, 08:04 AM.
          Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

          Comment


          • #6
            Has he made any? This guy seems more like all talk and bluster. Never see him making any big plays out there. Reminds me of Rex Ryan as a coach.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              What do you guys think about Tomlinson? I havent heard much of him.

              I still cant believe the D voted Casillas the D captain. Seems like it should be Collins no doubt.
              Tomlinson has a high motor you see his drive it's constant. The results aren't really there but hopefully they'll come, beside what else we got ? That dive for the batted ball trying to make the int. was 100% effort. I think I'm beginning to see something in him.

              No Collins should not be the captain, imo. Casillas was the captain last year and that defense was terrific. Casillas has been a starter on 2 winning SB defenses in N.O. and N.E.

              Last year Vernon, Snacks, and JJ were all new, JPP was on a 1 year show me contract, Collins was coming off a less than spectacular rookie year. DRC could have been a good captain and is a unofficial co captain imo, but teams don't usually like corners to be the captain cause there usually out by themselves and not in the mix of the defense. I feel Casillas is a good choice.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

                Tomlinson has a high motor you see his drive it's constant. The results aren't really there but hopefully they'll come, beside what else we got ? That dive for the batted ball trying to make the int. was 100% effort. I think I'm beginning to see something in him.

                No Collins should not be the captain, imo. Casillas was the captain last year and that defense was terrific. Casillas has been a starter on 2 winning SB defenses in N.O. and N.E.

                Last year Vernon, Snacks, and JJ were all new, JPP was on a 1 year show me contract, Collins was coming off a less than spectacular rookie year. DRC could have been a good captain and is a unofficial co captain imo, but teams don't usually like corners to be the captain cause there usually out by themselves and not in the mix of the defense. I feel Casillas is a good choice.
                Casillas is always one step too slow, almost makes a play and does not get in the hole. Our linebacker are really bad. Goodson is the only one bringing it at linebacker. We. We'd a speed linebacker like Duke Reilly, but JR doe. It like to draft linebackers, or road grading offensive lineman. Casillas does not set an example on the field and should. It be the captain.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Run defense has been atrocious, we absolutely miss Hankins, can't tackle to save their lives, linebackers aren't covering well, where is Keenan Robinson btw? and Darian Thompson should not be starting over Adams who played very well last year.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
                    I think the team should switch places.

                    OBJ would make a good DB.

                    Snacks could be the fullback and JPP the tight end.

                    Eli can punt.
                    I usually hate for bowl and never watch it but I liked it when JJ Watt lined up at TE and they put JPP on him to cover.
                    #80

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                      He's getting exposed because big hank isnt there. He takes bad angles and avoids contact unless he has a clear shot.
                      +1. Agreed. The same two things have been wrong with the Giants D for a long time and even last year.

                      Their LBs are not capable of making a big play and their pass rush is inadequate unless they blitz.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well lets start with Wrap Up Tackles lol the plays will come eventually

                        This bend but don't break defense is putting our Offense in Awful field positions and Harris fair catches EVERYTHING!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                          Well lets start with Wrap Up Tackles lol the plays will come eventually

                          This bend but don't break defense is putting our Offense in Awful field positions and Harris fair catches EVERYTHING!
                          yeah really what's up with that? His 1st year with us 2 seasons ago I thought he gave us l spark with his quality returns. He even was a decent slot receiver. This season he's nothing but a placeholder to fair catch punts and kneel down in the end zone on kickoffs.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Roswell View Post

                            +1. Agreed. The same two things have been wrong with the Giants D for a long time and even last year.

                            Their LBs are not capable of making a big play and their pass rush is inadequate unless they blitz.
                            Yep and it's hard to believe that JPP and Vernon are having trouble getting sacks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You know how they say a player loses a step? Casillas lost two.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X