Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you think this year is bad, just wait until next year!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Who expected the Giants to be 0-4 at this stage, anyone?

So why would you even want to predict next year?

Who knows what will happen?

Maybe we'll have the #1 draft pick?

I was expecting them to be 1-3 (only win at Tampa because Dirk Koetter is just a college coach) but I guess I was wrong because the college coach outcoached the highschool coach. Wouldn't be surprised if we finish last in the NFL but certainly I expect them to be close to the bottom. Since the offense is total garbage, I think that the defense is giving up and they are trying not to get hurt in hopes of better contracts with other teams next year. And who blames them? the 1st 3 games the D kept us in the game and the O jusy kept giving the ball back. I think they just said enough is enough and perhaps they even run out of steam. Just think about it. In every game out of the 30 min of the 1st half the D was on the field for 20 min! even superman would get tired.
    Big mistake giving the job to Mcdoodoo. the guy lacks the fundamental knowledge of football. How else do you explain Flowers getting toasted and not getting any help? How do you explain the call on 3rd down and 3 running left behind Flowers? Are you kidding me? I do not claim to be and X & Os guy but damn! I would never call that play! I think the Eagles pulled a fast one on Mara by showing interest on mcdoodoo. It was just a ploy to make them keep him because they knew he was way out of his league and they had 2 wins guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

None of those players on defense will be missed.
      Only to be replaced by the same type of incompetent players.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
        Eli most likely going to retire.
        No real run game with Vereen a Free Agent.
        Anemic Oline with Fluker, Pugh, and Westburg Free Agents.
        Defense falling apart with Cassillas, Bromley, Kennard, Thomas, ****rell, Wynn and Robinson all Free Agents.
        Beckham wanting a new contract with the team having an estimate $20mil in cap space
        Possibility of a new HC and offense being put into place.

We could be headed for some dark times, friends.
        Re-sign Fluker, Richburgh, ****rell, Wynn and we can let the rest go.

As much as I want to keep Pugh, I think he'll be WAY TOO expensive. Richburgh will be expensive but nothing crazy.... I hope
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Who expected the Giants to be 0-4 at this stage, anyone?

So why would you even want to predict next year?

Who knows what will happen?

Maybe we'll have the #1 draft pick?

+1
          In the free agency era teams go from first to last and visa versa all the time.

Comment

You seem to be the only one that thinks things are going well.
            You're putting words in my mouth. Obviously we're doing terrible. Many on here were too optimistic before the season started but I also think many on here are now too pessimistic. We've dug ourselves into too deep of a hole to recover this year but we still have lots of talent on this team IMO.

Comment

He's not going to wind down his career on a rebuilding team.
              Not so much to do with him as an effective runner. Just more to the point that we're losing a player at an already weak position.
              Last year was not this year. it's also not next year, either.
              Defense falling apart with Cassillas, Bromley, Kennard, Thomas, C0ckrell, Wynn and Robinson all Free Agents.
              All starters.
              Beckham wanting a new contract with the team having an estimate $20mil in cap space
              Doesnt mean he cant/wont hold out.
              Would be a good thing however, there would be a learning curve.

I still don't think there's any chance Eli retires or Beckham holds out (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-...kham-jr-14421/)
              But I do agree it's not good that so many starters are going to be free agents next year and we have so little cap space. Average free agents get paid like good players and good free agents get paid like great players.

Comment

We have some real Nostradamus and Edger Cayce posters that last couple of weeks. Can one of you charlatans please give me the numbers for the next power ball?
                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                  We have some real Nostradamus and Edger Cayce posters that last couple of weeks. Can one of you charlatans please give me the numbers for the next power ball?
                  Why do you say that?

Comment

Why do you say that?
                    How can you know what Eli is going to do? Why would he retire when he is due 23 million next season?

Also how do you know what the cap space will be in March?

How do you know that Beckham will want a new contract when his option is already set? How do you know he will hold out? Explain why he would. Do you think his Nike deal would suffer if he is not on the field?

How do you know the "no running" game is not directly tied to the play to the o-line. What makes you think Vereen wont be extended or is replaceable?

How do you know the Giants will move on from the HC? Do you have a line of communication with the Owner? I would like him to be fired but Mara does care about what I think.

How do you know the FAs the Giants have on Defense and the O-line will not be retained. I would suspect some would be.

How do you know that we are looking at dark times? Based on what, 4 games? We have won 8 Championships. A quarter of them with the current GM.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

How can you know what Eli is going to do? Why would he retire when he is due 23 million next season?

Also how do you know what the cap space will be in March?

How do you know that Beckham will want a new contract when his option is already set? How do you know he will hold out? Explain why he would. Do you think his Nike deal would suffer if he is not on the field?

How do you know the "no running" game is not directly tied to the play to the o-line. What makes you think Vereen wont be extended or is replaceable?

How do you know the Giants will move on from the HC? Do you have a line of communication with the Owner? I would like him to be fired but Mara does care about what I think.

How do you know the FAs the Giants have on Defense and the O-line will not be retained. I would suspect some would be.

How do you know that we are looking at dark times? Based on what, 4 games? We have won 8 Championships. A quarter of them with the current GM.

It's all what I think will happen. Kind of like you posting, "we will win 7+ games in the remainder".
                      How do you know they'll win 7+ games?

or "We are not bad enough to go 2-14"
                      How do you know we're not bad enough to go 2-14?

You're right. Plenty of Nostradamus's on this board and you're one of them, too.
                      Last edited by J. Tuck Rule; 10-05-2017, 08:18 AM.

Comment

He's not going to wind down his career on a rebuilding team.
                        Not so much to do with him as an effective runner. Just more to the point that we're losing a player at an already weak position.
                        Last year was not this year. it's also not next year, either.
                        Defense falling apart with Cassillas, Bromley, Kennard, Thomas, C0ckrell, Wynn and Robinson all Free Agents.
                        All starters.
                        Doesnt mean he cant/wont hold out.
                        Would be a good thing however, there would be a learning curve.

So he is going to give up 24 million and retire? Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

So he is going to give up 24 million and retire? Give me a break.
                          "When you're old and the team you play for sucks with little to no chance of winning, you make a decision based on how bad do you want to get hurt vs how much money do you want to make." - Calvin Johnson

Ok, he didnt really say that out loud but, it's not unheard of for players to walk away from millions. Plenty of pro-athletes have done it.

Comment

Or you can look at the positives:

-2 Picks within the top 40 or so in the 2018 draft that is DEEP in OL. The Giants could double down and draft a guy like Connor Williams in RD 1 and Billy Price/Quenton Nelson if he falls far enough in RD 2.

-Cap situation isn't as bad as you'd think. If they cut Marshall, Jerry, and Harris, they will have ~42 mil in Cap Space. This gives them room to Re-Sign Pugh/Richburg/Bromley/Kennard and even give Odell a new deal, all the while still having money to sign under the radar FA.

-Team knows it has to get better, so they will look to sign FA. Maybe they strike gold. Shaun O'Hara wasn't that highly touted when the Giants signed him in '03. Antonio Pierce was an under the radar signing, etc etc. Anthony Hitchens is a guy I'd really like the Giants to look at. A good coverage LB who will be available due to the emergence of Jaylen Smith.

-Possible that there is new leadership. New coach, new GM and an offensive overhaul.

-Young guys will be more seasoned. Engram is already making this much of an impact which is amazing b/c tight ends always struggle as rookies. In year 2, he will be more refined in his route running and finding the open space, and hopefully his blocking. Dalvin Tomlinson as well. DT's always seem to take the biggest leap in year 2 for the Giants. (Joseph, Hankins come to mind). Maybe even Eli Apple comes around, he is still only a 22 year old kid who was somewhat raw coming out of Ohio St.

-

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post
                              Or you can look at the positives:

-2 Picks within the top 40 or so in the 2018 draft that is DEEP in OL. The Giants could double down and draft a guy like Connor Williams in RD 1 and Billy Price/Quenton Nelson if he falls far enough in RD 2.

-Cap situation isn't as bad as you'd think. If they cut Marshall, Jerry, and Harris, they will have ~42 mil in Cap Space. This gives them room to Re-Sign Pugh/Richburg/Bromley/Kennard and even give Odell a new deal, all the while still having money to sign under the radar FA.

-Team knows it has to get better, so they will look to sign FA. Maybe they strike gold. Shaun O'Hara wasn't that highly touted when the Giants signed him in '03. Antonio Pierce was an under the radar signing, etc etc. Anthony Hitchens is a guy I'd really like the Giants to look at. A good coverage LB who will be available due to the emergence of Jaylen Smith.

-Possible that there is new leadership. New coach, new GM and an offensive overhaul.

-Young guys will be more seasoned. Engram is already making this much of an impact which is amazing b/c tight ends always struggle as rookies. In year 2, he will be more refined in his route running and finding the open space, and hopefully his blocking. Dalvin Tomlinson as well. DT's always seem to take the biggest leap in year 2 for the Giants. (Joseph, Hankins come to mind). Maybe even Eli Apple comes around, he is still only a 22 year old kid who was somewhat raw coming out of Ohio St.

-
                              That's a very good way of looking at it. I just don't like the idea of having to build through the draft considering that's what got us into this mess in the 1st place. Getting only 1-2 rosterable players per year for the past decade has finally taken it's toll.

Comment

ANyone here remember the 1970's Giants??? Get ready!!

Comment

Working...
                                X