Promising RB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingb50 View Post

The Galvanizer should definitely get the nod this week. But the philosophy of this team is run by committee, which leaves all backs with few carries. Will see what happens Sunday.
    I feel a W coming on
    I think if we have the defense going backwards with the hurry up, the oline will be able to create holes for our RB which will make it easier to run.

Comment

-I really feel that they need to curbstomp SD for their 1st win. Not just barely squeak out a single digit win, but a 14-17-20+ pt butt kicking! That would be a huge confidence builder to get a convincing win compared to just an ugly "almost blew it" type win. It's been over 3 yrs since this team went into the 4th qt with a victory almost assured & that us fans could take a deep breath & relax for the last 15 min of the game. I'm so dam sick & tired of this team always making me have a sore throat from all the yelling/screaming I do at the TV cuz they are down or ahead by a single score & either the other team is driving for the tying or winning score or the Giants are trying to tie or win the game. Can we ever get a few weeks in a row where this team can win by double digits and dominate the whole game thru? That's what the true SB contenders do on a yr to yr basis. I lost count of all the blowout games I've seen NE play during the B&B era. Last yr alone they won 12 games by 10-14- or more!

35-17-Bengals
      33--13-Browns
      27-0-Texans
      27-16-Steelers
      41-25-Bills
      30-17-9ers
      26-10-Rams
      16-3-Broncos
      41-3-Jets
      35-14-Miami
      34-16 div rd-Texans
      36-17 AFCCG-Steelers

Not us. We just excel at squeeking out wins. That's one of the reasons that come every pre-season, the experts hardly ever give us a mention as a top SB contender, we just don't scare anybody the way NE does. It's like the "excuse card" Cowgirls fans threw at us all last yr & in the offseason, yeah, "you beat us twice, by 4 total pts". It didn't make them respect us due to the very close scores. Had we beaten them by scores of 35-10 & 28-3, I bet they would have shown more respect to our team cuz we would have curb stomped them both times and have no excuse card to pull except to concede that the Giants are just that much better than Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
        The RB depth chart should be 1 Gallman, 2 Darkwa, 3 Vereen, 4 Perkins.
        Agreed

Comment

Perkins was not good last year. Better than this year, but last year he sucked too. he had only 2 runs of 20+ and he averaged something like 4 YPC but ..... that was on a high season of like 450 yards.

hes a huge waste of money, he was last year and he is this year.

On a side note, maybe if macacant would use a RB more than 25% in a game we might have a standout back, cant get good at the position if you dont play.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
            The RB depth chart should be 1 Gallman, 2 Darkwa, 3 Vereen, 4 Perkins.
            I said the very same thing to my coworker yesterday. But guess what? McAdoo is going to make sure that Perkins remains the starting back, because he can't be wrong about anything.

Comment

We all saw what Perkins did with the same OL as Gallman.

Gallman came into the game and it seemed like EVERY run was for positive yardage. That and he also caught the ball extremely well and even was a willing blocker. What more can u ask for in a rookie rb??
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

The problem isn't Perkins. It's that awful line. Every play where Perkins was stuffed the defensive linemen were there for the handoff. The rookie has better power, but prepare to see Perkins like numbers without improved run blocking.
                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I am glad Gallman played well but it is too early to crown him.
                  1) The Bucks are not a good team
                  2) he did not run for 150 yards or anything he just ran ok
                  3) we did finally change the line which probably had an effect
                  Remember were were saying the same thing last year with Jennings Perkins, lets no pretend this is like Jim Brown.
                  Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

I can't wrap my head around Perkins. Last year, he looked quick and was a spark to the running game. I liked him coming into this season because I thought he had great vision and quickness. Thought he could even be a 1100-1200 yds from scrimage type of a back this year after watching his college film/last years film. This year he has been horrible so far. Haven't seen the same jump cuts/burst out of him and he breaks 0 tackles. Maybe he is just not an NFL guy. Better college player than pro. He is a Reggie Bush without the elite athleticism.

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post
                      Thought he could even be a 1100-1200 yds from scrimage type of a back this year .
                      He only has 1000-1100 to go.

Comment

I like Gallman, but he's going to struggle behind this o-line, but what I liked and is really encouraging is he hit the holes hard, exhibited patience and vision, and when swarmed kept his legs moving until he was brought down. None of which I have seen from Perkins at all this season, not sure what happened to him, he wasn't anything flashy and quite frankly isn't a number 1 but he was definitly better last season. It's like he's lost out there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                          We all saw what Perkins did with the same OL as Gallman.

Gallman came into the game and it seemed like EVERY run was for positive yardage. That and he also caught the ball extremely well and even was a willing blocker. What more can u ask for in a rookie rb??
                          He caught one TD and helped on the other.

Comment

darkwa and gallman must start.
                            we've already seen poor running from perkins and vereen.
                            just watching these two running pisses me off.

Comment

One thing I will add is I am over the Orleans Darkwa hype. A RB who only gets 5 or so carries a game and STILL can't stay healthy is not meant to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post
                                We finally rushed for a td and have a runner with over 5 yards per carry, too bad it's Eli both times, not one of the great backs we have.
                                Perkins 1.9 per rush and that's what we banked our running game on.
                                O-LINE

Comment

Working...
                                X