Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

Spags has had Zero success as a head coach
    Neither did Belichick before he came to New England.

Comment

But he did have a strong back ground as a defensive genius. As much as I like spags heís not on that level.

Comment

Has to be an announcer or perhaps Shannahan

I Dont know what some of you peeps have against Shannahan?

the "Greg Schiano" blocking techniques LOL!

anyway it's not happening. Not Maras style
        best we can hope is MacAdoo is forced to hire or promote a play caller
        Last edited by BlueClue; 10-06-2017, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post

Nether did Rich Kotite. How did that go for The Jets?

How about Chip Kelly? He did great for the 49s on his second stint as a HC.

BB is not the norm. The norm is more like Rex Ryan.
          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post

That's actually not true at all

Comment

Jon Gruden would win a chip with this team imo

A lot of people say he is done but that.. Is sooooo far away from the truth

Do you know he has made his own playbooks EVERY YEAR he has been out of the league? All he does is watch tape.

God knows how much time a brand new playbook takes to create. He watches the trends etc and creates what he thinks would work.

Plus the fire. Plus the pedigree.

Outside of Bellichick himself, to me personally, Chucky would be the second best choice.

He also has a great, great respect for Eli. Last year before the offensive woes began and Eli was still coming off phenomenal 14 and 15 seasons, Gruden LITERALLY called Eli the third best quarterback in the league.

Now that isn't exactly true but it shows his respect for Eli and his game.

Comment

Also to note the moment Gruden said that Eli was on like a 10 for 10 completions and then of course threw a pick lmao

Comment

If and when the Giants make a coaching change I doubt anyone on the current staff will get the job.
                  One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

What about Coach Edwards ?
                    I doubt he's looking but you never know....

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

That's actually not true at all
                      And your basing this off what? Bill b one winning record seasom in 5 years as the browns head coach?

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/BeliBi0.htm
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

And your basing this off what? Bill b one winning record seasom in 5 years as the browns head coach?

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/BeliBi0.htm
                        The poster said that he had "zero" success in Cleveland, when in fact he took the Browns to the playoffs and actually won a playoff game.

So the poster's statement is demonstrably false.

Comment

As he usually does I got an answer to my letter from Mr Mara. I voiced my obvious displeasure and it's been two weeks and today I got his reply which he said "the season is a marathon, not a sprint and we will evaluate everything at the end of the season with a full body of information."

I never expected them to fire Mac now, although I could dream of it. I didn't post a photo of the letter because frankly not sure if there are forum rules against it. So while everyone is pining for him to get axed, as expected, we're stuck with him this season at least. I'm praying for a win is all at this point.
                          Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

• giants_rock
                            giants_rock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post

Not at all..

They should be 2-2 and will win 3 of the next 4 most likely.. 3-5 at the 1/2 way point..
                            They COULD be 2-2 with another first down or two, or a late game defensive stop but neither of those things happened so they SHOULD be 0-4.
                            Last edited by giants_rock; 10-06-2017, 06:58 PM.

• giants_rock
                            giants_rock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Originally posted by TEM View Post

He was a great coach for his tenure. He won 2. Someone had to be the fall guy for the losses for multiple seasons . The HC is always that guy. That is the way it is.

To Be honest Reese should have gone with him . When KG was forced into retirement, TC's days were number.

The problems on this team are not just the HC. The FO has a share of the blame. Are they going to take the blame ? Is Chris Mara going to admit anything?

The golden rule is, He who has the Gold makes the rules.
                            +1

• RoanokeFan
                            RoanokeFan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
                            As he usually does I got an answer to my letter from Mr Mara. I voiced my obvious displeasure and it's been two weeks and today I got his reply which he said "the season is a marathon, not a sprint and we will evaluate everything at the end of the season with a full body of information."

I never expected them to fire Mac now, although I could dream of it. I didn't post a photo of the letter because frankly not sure if there are forum rules against it. So while everyone is pining for him to get axed, as expected, we're stuck with him this season at least. I'm praying for a win is all at this point.
                            It's not what they do.

Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
                          If the Giants make a head coaching change do they give Mike Sullivan the job? With the desire to maintain continuity and avoid another offensive system having to be installed it makes sense. Iím not saying Iím for it but I wouldnít be shocked if thatís the way it goes.
                          I'd actually make Sullivan the OC who knows what he does now. Spags is the choice for HC, Sullivan has to be the OC, you can't change your offense in mid season. But you can start adding things into this offense. And then I'd ask this guy Peyton to be a consultant to Eli. Let them put their heads together and do some things Eli would like to do. Don't know why Mac and Sullivan don't ask Eli what he would like to add to the offense anyway ?

Comment

I would like to see Jim Harbaugh. The guy can coach regardless if heís a pain in the ***.

Comment

Unless Macadoodle quits, the change, if it does happen, will come after the season! Team management very rarely has taken a head coach out before the end of the season. And, who would replace him. No! I believe if a change is to be made, it'll come after the last game of the season! That way, management can focus on a really qualified replacement rather than some "underwhelming bozo" like we have now! I for one would like to see them try for Josh McDaniel, the New England OC! Good background and comes from a great coaching situation! But, based on the front office's reluctance to fire the GM I suspect it'll be business as usual next year!

Comment

Working...
                              X