Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants coach Ben McAdoo says his offense has answers for opponents

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Giants coach Ben McAdoo thinks he has opposing defenses right where he wants them.

A day after wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. said opponents know what's coming from the Giants' offense, McAdoo wasn't alarmed.

"Your interpretation of what Odell said and mine are entirely different," McAdoo said. "Teams do a good job scouting the opponent. That's a part of gamesmanship. We have things to counteract it, and it paid off for us in the game. Every defensive back thinks they know what you're running until they don't. Unfortunately, we didn't win the game."

Beckham attributed his recent drops to "putting extra onto a route" to try to get open because defensive backs are sitting on the Giants' steady diet of short routes. Beckham said the extra movements are throwing off his timing with quarterback Eli Manning.

"There is no defense for the perfect throw and the good route," McAdoo said. "I think if we do what we're supposed to do from an execution standpoint and the throw is on time and where it's supposed to be, we should be able to complete the ball. And we are one broken tackle away from taking one to the house, especially when Odell is the receiver."" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

So the opposing DBs know what to expect from the Giants WRs, but Eli doesn't? Great game plan.

Comment

Actually Mac, Odell was exactly right. It’s no excuse for drops but he is definitely having to put extra on the routes

Comment

That is the problem Mac you give them answers not questions.
        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

"Excerpt: "Giants coach Ben McAdoo thinks he has opposing defenses right where he wants them."

Nowhere in the article did Mac say anything close to that. Not a Mac fan, but a total BS article.

Comment

I think that BM would have said everything in this article 4 weeks ago.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

No wonder why we dont have any in-game adjustments. Mcadoo coaches off what he draws up on paper before the teams even hit the field and ignores the game flow.

The "Do it like I draw it up and nobody will stop it" mentality is so juvenile. You have to be good at adapting on the fly and creating new advantages for your team based off what happens in game.

Mike Tyson famously once said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." and Mcadoodle is the chump getting black eyes week in and week out.

Comment

Another back handed jab at Eli from his coach.

I wish mcadofus gets kidnapped by gypsies.
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I dunno. People were worried about odb and potential issues arising.

this is the kind of beginning to a formula that ends with drama internally that manifests publicly. Odb really said opponents know what he's doing and he has to put more on his routes as a result? That is as direct a condescending insult I think I've heard a wr publicly say about his head coach that's not bs.

ever hear Owens call out Reid and his scheme or parcels and his offensive approach?

ODB literally just said publicly his coaches scheme has been figured out by defenses and he had to try and do more as a result.

and then mac had to play it off the way he did.

but I'm surprised no one has cited this considering everyone cites every minute thing odel does

Comment

If we don't win games this is gonna get real ugly and everyone remember this exchange bc it's gonna be the foundation for whatever drama hopefully never comes.

Comment

Win 3 in a row into the bye and it's a whole new season after.

Most years that Brady doesn't win the super bowl team faces internal attrition that is solved through outer motivators.

Ie the ALL IN squad of 2011 with that child who has cancer. That was the turning point to our season.

Comment

Was this Mac ONCE AGAIN throwing shade at ole #10?! Dear lord, he is completely disconnected from reality.

Comment

The NYG better start winning if they want to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.
                          Fan since 1970.

"If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"
                          -- Joe Don Looney

Comment

This coach is a shining piece of turd. What a belligerent, pompous, classless, win-less, poorly dressing *** HOLE. I am officially embarrassed to call myself a Giants fan when this idiot is running the game. As my brother said, who is a Cowboys fan, "You can laugh all you want at Opie (Garrett) and Jerra Jones, but you field a grease ball who can't run an offense or even manage a clock?? Don't throw stones..." He has a point.
                            Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                              I dunno. People were worried about odb and potential issues arising.

this is the kind of beginning to a formula that ends with drama internally that manifests publicly. Odb really said opponents know what he's doing and he has to put more on his routes as a result? That is as direct a condescending insult I think I've heard a wr publicly say about his head coach that's not bs.

ever hear Owens call out Reid and his scheme or parcels and his offensive approach?

ODB literally just said publicly his coaches scheme has been figured out by defenses and he had to try and do more as a result.

and then mac had to play it off the way he did.

but I'm surprised no one has cited this considering everyone cites every minute thing odel does
                              The problem is that everyone agrees with Odell.

Odell is a dummy but he will likely be a lifelong Giant where as MacAdoo....will not

Comment

Working...
                              X