Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wont Mcadoo attempt 50yd field goals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why wont Mcadoo attempt 50yd field goals?

Can someone explain why he wont kick field goals over 50yards? Didn't our kicker make all his 50-59 yard field goals in pre-season? Don't most teams try the field goal instead of punt? What is this guy doing?

We get into scoring range and this guy refuses to put points on the board. Wtf?
    Last edited by Mr. G-Man; 10-08-2017, 09:55 PM.

He's not the kicker?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Who cares what would it matter?
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        He's not the kicker?
        Hardy har! What's your real take on Mcadoo not attempting 50 yard field goals with his kicker

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
          Can someone explain why he wont kick field goals over 50yards? Didn't our kicker make all his 50-59 yard field goals in pre-season? Don't most teams try the field goal instead of punt? What is this guy doing?

I was wondering why we didn't get that 52 yard 4th, I believe. Instead we punted into the end zone for +14 yards
          That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
            Ben, is that you? It matters because when you kick field goals, you get 3 points. We have a coach more interested in punting which yields no points. We could have had 6 more points today. Woulda been the difference maker.

Comment

Originally posted by dmighty326 View Post

I was wondering why we didn't get that 52 yard 4th, I believe. Instead we punted into the end zone for +14 yards
              That's such a great point. I'm all about field position, but you can't pass up on commonly made field goal distances. Brad Wing pinned them inside the 5 because we passed on attempting a 54yd try. This coach doesn't even realize when he can and should put points on the board. Way in over his head is his theme and it shows

Comment

Heres why.

He plays NOT TO LOSE and does not PLAY TO WIN.

Comment

He doesn't always go for FG less than 30 yards either

Comment

Because it would be the smart thing to do

Comment

More great points by the both of you. It's frustrating watching this oaf cost us points and games.

Comment

In the modern pass happy NFL playing the field position game seems idiotic.

Comment

Field position is great, but it becomes idiotic when you dont attempt regularly made fields.

Comment

Hardy har! What's your real take on Mcadoo not attempting 50 yard field goals with his kicker
                            My guess would be if he misses, they get the ball in really advantageous territory OR it's short and they run it back into advantageous territory or even score.

If TC were the coach he would have the stat on likely success from that distance. Don't know about McAdoo.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                              what? we very well COULD and SHOULD be 3-2. the aversion this HC has to scoring points when he can is ASTOUNDING for lack of a better word.

Comment

Working...
                              X