Eli holding Reese Back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

Nope because many teams aren't doing well and Giant was in playoffs last year remember. You are the problem. Your knowledge of football isn't that great.
    Well coming from you, your comment means jack **** to me. However, it has been well documented regarding Reese's inability to pick players that have the football ability to stick around. If you believe a 39-46 record since 2011 is quality work then you are the one lacking the knowledge of football and common sense.

Comment

Wow the roaches are all coming out of the walls!!

Comment

Originally posted by nobait4me View Post

Never heard anything so ridiculous. JR has not drafted a decent offensive lineman in years, nothing in the way of a running back since EA left and it is all Elis fault. When he can start blocking and catching for himself then I will accept the your argument. Beckham has helped Eli and he has hurt Eli, OBJ wasn't much help in Green Bay.
        Reading is fundamental folks: I said, "Reese did address the OL but he never addresses the RB position" and then nobait4me says, "nothing in the way of a running back since EA left and it is all Elis fault." Str8 from Dummyland High School bigtime.

Comment

TCHOF. I got nothing backwards. No Eli messed Reese up. Reese was responsible in putting Eli into position of winning two Superbowls. Look around the NFL bub. There are not that many good teams and Eli performs terrible on purpose and costs too much. O-line cant be fixed with Eli's salary.
          Reese had nothing to do with the first SB that was Young and Acorsi and the 2nd were mostly left over from the Acorsi era. You give Reese too much credit!

Comment

There are some people that truly have no business watching football, the OP is one of them

Comment

Originally posted by krankeybluechick View Post

Reese had nothing to do with the first SB that was Young and Acorsi and the 2nd were mostly left over from the Acorsi era. You give Reese too much credit!
              Reese drafted and signed Free agents that helped the team big time.

Reese was also director of player personal from 04-06

Comment

Eli is a bum right now and his play have been bad for years. Other qbs get less money and their O-line isn't great do way better than " he needs a perfect O-line to succeed Eli Manning". He needs the O-line to be perfect inorder for him to succeed then how could we get a good D-line and lbs? Reese took big chances with the Defense last year and it was a quick fix but if Eli could have played better and stop being stiff like a scarecrow, then things would get better. Eli would make offense productive.

Eli costs too much money and his play is terrible even with good blocking, Eli passes are weak and dangerous. He locks on receivers too much. When players get big money, their play has to make up for weak positions on the team. With Eli guiding the teams offense, it makes JR look bad. The O-line has to be perfect inorder for Eli to succeed could take years. Leave JR alone and let Eli go and watch Giants shine. Thank you.
                Agreed, but people are so blinded by their loyalty and faith in Eli that they cannot see the truth

Comment

They might need to do what Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy did with Brett Favre, make the harsh decision to move on from the Eli ERA. The difference is that they had Rodgers groomed an ready to go. Giants kinda wasted years with Nassib and he didn't develop into anything. Not to be fair Coughlin doesn't seems like a guy patient to develop young players and most certainly not a QB so bringing in a young QB during his ERA would've been a waste anyway. With McAdoo who is more of a Offensive Guy who does have a Modern Day offense but just lack the Modern Day QB, I think McAdoo is the right guy to bring in a young QB with to help him develop and his Offense is a QB Friendly Offense for a young QB to come in and have success quickly.

Forget the Line, forget blaming the Coach and GM. I think all that is to deflect from the real issue which is Eli Manning! He had a great run, 2 Rings but it is just over that is the harsh reality. You can go get a better Line, you can go get more weapons you can do all that but I'm starting to think that it won't matter with Eli at QB and his awful Inconsistency and Accuracy.

If you can move Eli you might consider that honestly. Probably should wait until the Off Season to see if a Kirk Cousins become a UFA and if you can jump into those Sweepstakes if Washington don't want to pay him before the season is up. That would be a quick fix. If not then maybe you just ride it out with Eli until 2019, Load up the Offensive Line and Dynamic Running Back and let Eli be a Game Manager only to finish out his career while we get back to Traditional New York Giants Smash Mouth Run First Football. While developing and grooming Davis Webb or another young QB from a highly regarded QB Class coming up in the 2018 draft to take over 2019/2020
                  Last edited by Sicko; 10-10-2017, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post

Reese drafted and signed Free agents that helped the team big time.

Reese was also director of player personal from 04-06

IMO he is given too much credit. Oh and by the way how can the OP blame Eli for Reese's own short comings? The only person dragging Reese down is himself. I can't wait to see what else Eli will be blamed for.

Comment

Your knowledge of football isn't that great.
                      BOOM! goes my irony meter...

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                        They might need to do what Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy did with Brett Favre, make the harsh decision to move on from the Eli ERA. The difference is that they had Rodgers groomed an ready to go. Giants kinda wasted years with Nassib and he didn't develop into anything. Not to be fair Coughlin doesn't seems like a guy patient to develop young players and most certainly not a QB so bringing in a young QB during his ERA would've been a waste anyway. With McAdoo who is more of a Offensive Guy who does have a Modern Day offense but just lack the Modern Day QB, I think McAdoo is the right guy to bring in a young QB with to help him develop and his Offense is a QB Friendly Offense for a young QB to come in and have success quickly.

Forget the Line, forget blaming the Coach and GM. I think all that is to deflect from the real issue which is Eli Manning! He had a great run, 2 Rings but it is just over that is the harsh reality. You can go get a better Line, you can go get more weapons you can do all that but I'm starting to think that it won't matter with Eli at QB and his awful Inconsistency and Accuracy.

If you can move Eli you might consider that honestly. Probably should wait until the Off Season to see if a Kirk Cousins become a UFA and if you can jump into those Sweepstakes if Washington don't want to pay him before the season is up. That would be a quick fix. If not then maybe you just ride it out with Eli until 2019, Load up the Offensive Line and Dynamic Running Back and let Eli be a Game Manager only to finish out his career while we get back to Traditional New York Giants Smash Mouth Run First Football. While developing and grooming Davis Webb or another young QB from a highly regarded QB Class coming up in the 2018 draft to take over 2019/2020
                        ELI isnt the issue.

They have the WORST OLINE in the NFL..

Fix that and they can win games.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          You got it backwards.

Reese has wasted Eli's career.
                          +1

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

BOOM! goes my irony meter...
                            Please tell me you bought the extended warranty...
                            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

It's funny how when the ship is broke everyone has all the answers and the solutions. I admit I too have been critical of GM, COACH, ELI and OWNERSHIP but the truth of it all, if I knew so much I would be doing the job or in the field to one day do the job. I would be a CAP guru, which I doubt anyone here has the exact numbers to back or justify their opinion. Hindsight is what it is. There is plenty of blame to go around! We win together, We lose together. It's really that simple. A lot of things from my vantage point don't seem like rocket science but I also know that the job isn't all CAKE either. Btw I'm all for the blowup. Time for new blood, new ideas, new philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post

ELI isnt the issue.

They have the WORST OLINE in the NFL..

Fix that and they can win games.
                                Even with a better Line that doesn't improve Eli's Accuracy and Inconsistency! Even if we keep Eli they should change the Offense to a more run first offense while he is the QB because he is not accurate enough for a West Coast Offense!

It is not all Eli fault but he is hurting this team more than he is helping it right now NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

Comment

Working...
                                X