Eli holding Reese Back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
    All qbs got to be able to move around in the pocket. Eli can move and do it quite well. He just don't do it that much.

Look around the NFL and look at the Steelers. Eli has got to be a weapon. There are other qbs in the NFL move about and is not stiff in the pocket like Eli.
    But you didn't just notice this about Eli, right?
    I knew Eli was not very mobile.

Your boy Reese signed an immobile QB to an expensive, long term contract and then did nothing to address the glaring issues with the o-line.

Were both of these things failures on Reese's part or just one of them?
    Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by Giantslb66 View Post

Well coming from you, your comment means jack **** to me. However, it has been well documented regarding Reese's inability to pick players that have the football ability to stick around. If you believe a 39-46 record since 2011 is quality work then you are the one lacking the knowledge of football and common sense.
      The OP is 10 years old. You guys are all arguing with a 10 year old kid. I don't agree with him either, however I do give him credit for coming on here and stating his opinion...even if he needs to work on his writing skills.
      Last edited by PennState1; 10-12-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post
        There are some people that truly have no business watching football, the OP is one of them
        Lmao absolutely correct
        "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

But you didn't just notice this about Eli, right?
          I knew Eli was not very mobile.

Your boy Reese signed an immobile QB to an expensive, long term contract and then did nothing to address the glaring issues with the o-line.

Were both of these things failures on Reese's part or just one of them?
          You said
          "But you didn't just notice this about Eli, right?
          I knew Eli was not very mobile."

Eli can move in the pocket quite well. He doesn't do it as much.

You said "Your boy Reese signed an immobile QB to an expensive, long term contract and then did nothing to address the glaring issues with the o-line."

like the O-line cant improve oh well. All defender are not mobile do you know that? Eli is not mobile but remember that play in the 2007 Superbowl where he escaped from defenders and threw that pass to Tyre? Eli can move and buy time.

You said Were both of these things failures on Reese's part or just one of them?

Reese and many GMs in the NFL failed. The NFL is designed that way.

​​​​​​​Go study the Giants in the 80s. They had a good amount of bad seasons.

Comment

You said
            "But you didn't just notice this about Eli, right?
            I knew Eli was not very mobile."

Eli can move in the pocket quite well. He doesn't do it as much.

You said "Your boy Reese signed an immobile QB to an expensive, long term contract and then did nothing to address the glaring issues with the o-line."

like the O-line cant improve oh well. All defender are not mobile do you know that? Eli is not mobile but remember that play in the 2007 Superbowl where he escaped from defenders and threw that pass to Tyre? Eli can move and buy time.

You said Were both of these things failures on Reese's part or just one of them?

Reese and many GMs in the NFL failed. The NFL is designed that way.

​​​​​​​Go study the Giants in the 80s. They had a good amount of bad seasons.
            Eli doesnít run cause he not comfortable doing so. He is a pocket passer first first and foremost. His first instinct is to stand in the pocket. As I said in another thread football 101 best way to disrupt a pocket passer is to get in face and punch them in the mouth itíll mess up their rythme. To combat that good o line is needed. Also that run in Super Bowl 42 was ten years ago.

Comment

[QUOTE=Diamondring;n2983843]
              Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Now what my words suppose to so to me? Reese don't really have to do anything anyways. Many of you posters don't know football at all. Rodgers O-line is not good either and make his receivers look good and he is not the only one. A defender comes in, he make a move and buy time and do it constantly while Eli gets sacked or throw ball up in the air. Eli hates JR and helped Caughlin get fired and so on. Oh and JR 200 mil contract? And what about it? They did well last year and improve the defense and Reese can build the deffense around them. Eli is at fault not JR and he is doing a good job to. Team not that bad like many of you think you drama queens?

Yes he is earning too much money to get big name players wich is needed to give the O-line and players to make the team dominate the competition like you wanted
              His contract saids I make my players around me look good not get players to make me look good wich is what you want.
              welcome home, jakk

Comment

in 2014 and 2015 eli threw 65 TD's which was 2nd in the league over that span.. last year was a down year for the entire offense.. kind of expected when you cant pass or run block..fickle people have short memories

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfn View Post

Eli doesnít run cause he not comfortable doing so. He is a pocket passer first first and foremost. His first instinct is to stand in the pocket. As I said in another thread football 101 best way to disrupt a pocket passer is to get in face and punch them in the mouth itíll mess up their rythme. To combat that good o line is needed. Also that run in Super Bowl 42 was ten years ago.
                  Eli ran 14 yards for a td this year. All pocket passers are not the same so your football 101 shouldn't apply to all pocket passers.

Comment

Eli ran 14 yards for a td this year. All pocket passers are not the same so your football 101 shouldn't apply to all pocket passers.
                    Going back to Super Bowl 42 worked on Brady didnít it? No QB likes getting hit. Do it enough they start hearing footsteps

Comment

• Also that rushing TD he had against the Bucs was his first in how many years?

Comment

• Originally posted by gntsfn View Post

Going back to Super Bowl 42 worked on Brady didnít it? No QB likes getting hit. Do it enough they start hearing footsteps
                        That game was close. Brady was still hanging in there.
                        Last edited by Diamondring; 10-12-2017, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

That game was close. Brady was atill hanging in there.
                          Yeah but it was up against best team in the league many thought in history. Scoring only 17 points we shouldíve gotten beaten badly but the defense came through helped in a major way by that pass rush.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoneguy11 View Post
                            REALLY ? So all this time it was Eli making Reese draft all those busts? Good to know .Now Im fully on board with firing Eli.
                            Eli made so big mistakes in the 016 Season got Caughlin canned. Looks like he is doing that to JR. Got ODB hurt on purpose to.

Comment

• How do you call a guy a bum who's responsible for winning two SB. Show a little respect Eli has earned that

Comment

• Eli has held Reese back from getting fired years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X