NJ.com's Politi: Blow It Up!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gfanblue View Post
    Did you guys read the other articles? This quote about Eli Apple getting benched was pretty scathing.

I wasn't happy," Apple told reporters after the game. "To me, that's what happens. You lose games and it's got to be someone else's problem and they look around and think, 'OK, this is the problem.' But it's not just one guy - it's the whole culture, it's everything. We've got to fix it.''
    He was right about one thing, it is the whole culture. Unfortunately, self indulged statements like this prove he's part of that culture. (It also proves he doesn't watch the films.)

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

That never stopped him before, did it?
      Most recent example regarding the OL: "the talent is there".
      He peddled that line last year and again during training camp this year. AND with a straight face I might add.

This guy can and will say anything other than "I am a big part of the problem here" because THAT would be the truth.
      And the owners can no longer accept this, and for him to keep saying the talent is there just reinforces that the man has no idea how to properly evaluate o line talent. Just look at his career drafting o line. His body of work justifies his dismissal no matter what words come out of his mouth.

the owners need to get the 07 draft out of their heads that was eons ago. I know he's a lifelong giant who grew up in the organization but it's time to go

Comment

Originally posted by jjhall91 View Post

He was right about one thing, it is the whole culture. Unfortunately, self indulged statements like this prove he's part of that culture. (It also proves he doesn't watch the films.)
        Yep. He has to include himself in that statement. He probably does watch film ( what NFL coach wouldn't review it with the team or personnel group?) it just seems he's clueless as to how to apply anything he's shown and translate it to on-field performance.
        Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by Snappinnecks View Post
          I think the most profound question Politi asks is: "Name one thing McAdoo does well?". A statement and a question in one sentence...Damning!
          Yeah, that hit it right there.

He's a players coach that failed as so many do.

The Rosemobile -

Comment

Originally posted by Snappinnecks View Post
            I gotta say. I'm think this is quickly becoming the answer to this horrible season!

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...art_river_home
            I love the smell of napalm in the morning!!
            I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

There is no "blowing" this team up. All the money is tied up in a eli, snacks, jpp, and vermin and none of them can go anywhere. If we replace all the underpaid scrubs we just get more under paid scrubs.
              Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Reese could be a Goner, and I think he should be at this point. One Playoff Appearance since 2012. A lot of Missed Draft picks, a HORRIBLE assessment of the State of this Offensive line.

McAdoo might survive this, but I think he is definitely coaching for his job. I am not a huge fan of hiring a Co-Ordinator with zero HC experience. His Players do respect him, but they do not play disciplined for him.

I love this team, and I love Football, but I really don;t know how much I can continue to watch this. Watching Football should be somewhat enjoyable. This is not enjoyable for anyone.

Comment

The story of the 2017 New York Giants (in no specific but certainly interconnected order):

1) Undisciplined and mediocre players
                  2) Stubborn coaches who can't coach and develop players
                  3) GM/front office people who can't evaluate certain positions or coaches
                  4) Ownership patient to a fault and, quite possibly, unable to evaluate head coaches

The issues are endemic. We know the only factor that will not change at all here is the ownership. Tisch is out to lunch in Hollywood so it's not really him, so Mara really gets the blame here. He bought McAdoo as a head coach. He bought Reese as a GM.

I'm not going to say anything ridiculous or unbelievable like "sell the team" but I think we as fans have justified reason to question if Mara is the owner his father was.

Not only that, but the other thing we fans have to accept is that this team/franchise has frankly been mediocre since the Parcells years ended. Two late season Superbowl runs should not mask the fact that the franchise has had only four 11 or more win seasons in the last 27 years (11 wins in 1993 and 2016, 12 wins in 2000 and 2008). The Giants are not a consistent contender.

Do we have the people in charge to really self-evaluate this situation?

Comment

I've been on the 'blow it up' train for a few weeks, so that article was a welcome read. Hopefully, Mara will come to the same conclusion during the off-season.
                    One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

yeah the injury excuse is alarming. I expect Reese to say everything was going to plan prior to injuries and they would have gone 12-4 if not for injuries yesterday. He is the Teflon GM. Amazing he wasn't fired before Coughlin.

Comment

Originally posted by gfanblue View Post
                        Did you guys read the other articles? This quote about Eli Apple getting benched was pretty scathing.

I wasn't happy," Apple told reporters after the game. "To me, that's what happens. You lose games and it's got to be someone else's problem and they look around and think, 'OK, this is the problem.' But it's not just one guy - it's the whole culture, it's everything. We've got to fix it.''
                        I said something about this in another thread. This is disastrous coming from a player. This team has a very serious problem.
                        It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

Comment

"If not for the injuries this would have been a very competitive team". Those words will roll out of JR's mouth sometime in the next 6 months.
                          Exactly. It's terrifying.

Comment

the thing that scares me is do the 2 owners of the Giants have the balls to do whats necessary or are the profits still good enough to keep them from doing anything...

Comment

"If not for the injuries this would have been a very competitive team". Those words will roll out of JR's mouth sometime in the next 6 months.
                              no doubt Reese will use the injury card because its all he has to fall back on, now will the owners buy it is the big question...

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisSmith33 View Post

I said something about this in another thread. This is disastrous coming from a player. This team has a very serious problem.
                                Well, when you are 0-5, you are 0-5 for a reason and I am not surprised that they Players feel this way, and there is truth to it.

The Defense's play is in-defensible. For three weeks Eli and Co. have actually done some things and put some things together for us to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X