We need to see Davis Webb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to see Davis Webb

Whether you agree with it or not, it's time for the coaching staff and fans to get a look at Davis Webb. We have seen him in college and in the preseason, and I am very pleased with what I've seen. However, now we need to see him against top NFL competition. Let's see his composure, accuracy, mobility, decision making, instincts, etc. It's very likely that we will have a high draft choice this year, and that means maybe selecting a QB. We should only be selecting a QB if we are not confident that Webb is the future QB of this franchise. The only way of determining that is by letting him play and evaluating him.

For all those thoughtless fans who will say "ya great idea, put Webb in with no receivers behind this Oline", really? That's the argument of a 5 year old. This is the NFL and you deal with adversity and see how people react. The Oline really hasn't even played that bad lately. We had our best running game of the year, and if Eli had any mobility (like Webb does), he could've avoided a sack or two yesterday. The sacks were also held to a minimum in Philly and TB. That argument is pathetic. Put Webb in and see what he can do.

If we continue to go with Eli throughout the year and we do not see Davis Webb, and then we select a QB at the draft, then the Webb pick was a complete waste. We will be looking back at this season and thinking what else we could've done in that 3rd round to help this team. Let's not get to that point.

I heard that if you keep starting new threads, your ideas seem much smarter.

I heard wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
      I heard that if you keep starting new threads, your ideas seem much smarter.

I heard wrong.
      Sounds like you are on the side of the 5 year old argument. Not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

You seem to think that you could look at Webb (behind this oline, with no WR's, with this play calling and no run game) and over the course of 11 games see enough to pass on a top QB pick.

Why would you not take that QB and insure that w have the best chance to move on?
        Unless your blind Eli love is doing the thinking.
        Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

. This is the NFL and you deal with adversity and see how people react
          True, and that includes the coaching staff, who are now coaching for their careers, so of course they will have a 3rd round rookie project QB come in and navigate this dumpster fire of a season the rest of the way.

Davis Webb will have no bearing on the giants selecting a franchise QB next year if the opportunity presents itself.

Comment

Well, that argument beats the argument of a two-year old, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

You seem to think that you could look at Webb (behind this oline, with no WR's, with this play calling and no run game) and over the course of 11 games see enough to pass on a top QB pick.

Why would you not take that QB and insure that w have the best chance to move on?
              Unless your blind Eli love is doing the thinking.
              Blind Eli love? I've expressed my stance on Eli enough on these boards that he way past his prime and only hurting this team. So you are already off. Second, who is this top QB pick you mentioned? Sam Darnold? How did the last several USC QBs that entered the NFL end up? I'll let you know. They were terrible.

Why would I take a QB when I think Davis Webb is perfectly capable of being a franchise QB and then put that top draft pick to use elsewhere?

Comment

Whether we see Webb this year or not, the Giants still need to use their Top 5 pick on a QB and just reboot the franchise.
                One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Hate to say it, but Davis may never get a real shot here. He won't see the active roster as long as Manning is healthy this year. McAdoo was the guy pounding the table for Webb. With (HOPEFULLY) a new HC/GM coming into town, they will want their guy.

Comment

Originally posted by AK_91207 View Post

True, and that includes the coaching staff, who are now coaching for their careers, so of course they will have a 3rd round rookie project QB come in and navigate this dumpster fire of a season the rest of the way.

Davis Webb will have no bearing on the giants selecting a franchise QB next year if the opportunity presents itself.
                    Who is the top QB?

Comment

Blind Eli love? I've expressed my stance on Eli enough on these boards that he way past his prime and only hurting this team. So you are already off. Second, who is this top QB pick you mentioned? Sam Darnold? How did the last several USC QBs that entered the NFL end up? I'll let you know. They were terrible.

Why would I take a QB when I think Davis Webb is perfectly capable of being a franchise QB and then put that top draft pick to use elsewhere?
                      1) you should have found that funny; pretty sure everyone else did.

2) you take no chances with replacing a franchise QB...you take him, you make them compete and you keep both until you are certain you have a starter.

Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

1) you should have found that funny; pretty sure everyone else did.

2) you take no chances with replacing a franchise QB...you take him, you make them compete and you keep both until you are certain you have a starter.
                        Who is this franchise QB you speak of?

Comment

The philosophy that we have a player on our roster that shouldn't be exposed to an NFL field is part of the problem, IMO. I wonder if you all know what you are really confessing.

Comment

Who is this franchise QB you speak of?
                            Specifically?
                            It doesn't matter who I say, the Giants should pick the best QB available.

But if you somehow know that Webb, a man you have never seen play an NFL down under live fire, is hands down better that all of the draft prospects who also have never played an NFL down, then kudos to you and up your medication.

Again...take as few risks as possible with the finding a franchise QB.

I'm not ready to anoint Webb no matter what I see.

Comment

Who is the top QB?
                              I'm not a big college football guy at all so take my picks with a grain of salt but either of the joshes (Rosen or Allen) would work for me.

hopefully someone much smarter than myself or JR will be making the decision in April

Comment

Working...
                              X