Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. YA Tittle

a little part of me is gone today

Godspeed to one of the greatest to ever do it and the very reason I fell in love with the game

thank you sir ... for everything

throwin' that old alley-oop pass in heaven

rest easy Y.A.

Crap.

RIP YA

Comment

I'm a fan since 1951 and after Connery we got the great high top shoes YA Tittle. How I miss tittle to Shifter n Gifford n Morrison. Great job YA

Comment

• Red Dog
        Red Dog commented
        Editing a comment
        N Schofner

drat.. RIP YA, great player, great man, great all-together!!

Comment

God Bless him, I met him 25 years ago @ Park City Mall, Lancaster Pa doing a signing @ a slow card show, we talked for several minutes, what a Gentleman. I treasure his signed helmet.

Comment

My dad's guy.
          Great Giant.
          eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

I loved Y. A. growing up, I am very sad to hear this. He still holds our TD pass record in a season (36) and that was a 14 game schedule. Always showed class, God Bless Y.A., RIP

Comment

The week only gets worse. RIP to a great one.
              Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by foxie View Post
                God Bless him, I met him 25 years ago @ Park City Mall, Lancaster Pa doing a signing @ a slow card show, we talked for several minutes, what a Gentleman. I treasure his signed helmet.
                thats wonderful

I've had the pleasure of speaking to him on numerous occasions but never got the nerve to say the things I actually wanted to say until the very last time I saw him.

every other time was due to business and I never wanted to come off like the fan boy that was raging inside me every single time

the Giants were honoring past players a couple seasons ago at half time ... I made a point to plant my big *** right at the tunnel opening and for just a minute allow myself to become that kid from the Bronx that worshipped the ground he walked on

he came toward the tunnels and I called out ... "Mr. Tittle!!!" .... he didn't hear and walked right past ... I said it a couple more times when a young security man tapped his shoulder and pointed to me when he got YAs attention

I put my hand out and he grabbed it ... I became that kid ... I thanked him for the inspiration and told him that my very first NY Giant game was Oct. 28 1962 when he threw 7 TD passes against the Redskins and how it changed my life ...

he smiled and kind of snickered ... and patted our hands that were shaking with his other hand and said "thank you for those words"

I replied ...."no thank you sir"

our hands released and he walked off into the tunnel

that was the last time I saw YA Tittle
                Last edited by YATittle1962; 10-09-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Nice story.

Thanks.
                  Fan since 1970.
                  ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
                  "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

RIP YA

Comment

One of the greatest players of all time. RIP Mr. Tittle.
                      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Funny thing was YA and Connerly were able to relieve each other when it as called for
                        Ive been saying for years Eli should be strategically replaced with a more mobile QB when situations called for it

Comment

RIP

Comment

RIP YA. One of the best to wear BLUE!!

Comment

Working...
                            X