X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

that was him Zim ... 100%

throwing passes with blood dripping into his eyes

finishing a Championship game with a blown out knee because he knew his guys needed him

I'll never forget that game against the Steelers where they battered the old man like no one I had ever seen battered ... worse than Eli in the 49er game ...

he was one tough sob
    Yes that Championship game vs the Bears in 1963 playing on one leg and coming back with all his heart. We had to use Glenn Griffing for crying out loud. We lost 14-10 we would have beaten them if Fortunato didn't roll into his knee. Boy that game still gets me mad. LOL at myself 54 years later I'm still claiming we were the better team.

Comment

Salute Mr.Tiddle

Be blessed Sir

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

Yes that Championship game vs the Bears in 1963 playing on one leg and coming back with all his heart. We had to use Glenn Griffing for crying out loud. We lost 14-10 we would have beaten them if Fortunato didn't roll into his knee. Boy that game still gets me mad. LOL at myself 54 years later I'm still claiming we were the better team.
        that game is the thorn in my football side ... the Giants would have beat them handily if Tittles knee had not been rolled on

they still should have won that game ... I'm still that extremely angry 12 year old inside ...

that game never left me

the Packer games ... fine ... the better team won ....

but that damn Bears game

Comment

YA,When that blood came poring out. That's when i became a Giant fan. I was a young lad.
          There been bad times and good times.
          But, I am and will always be a Giant fan.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

I'm still upset with the Championship loss to Baltimore in 58! They call it the greatest game every played, but not to me!
            Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Did he watch the game on Sunday? Not trying to be glib here, but that might have done it for me if I was 90 and a tough player back in the day.

98% of the people offering RIPs here never saw him play, and are just mouthing platitudes for an old-timer who died. I also never saw him play, but I bet he was tougher mentally than anyone currently on the Giants roster. I'm sad that what his generation stood for might be lost.

Nice that he lived into his 90s, not many people do. I wonder what he thought about players kneeling?

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                Did he watch the game on Sunday? Not trying to be glib here, but that might have done it for me if I was 90 and a tough player back in the day.

98% of the people offering RIPs here never saw him play, and are just mouthing platitudes for an old-timer who died. I also never saw him play, but I bet he was tougher mentally than anyone currently on the Giants roster. I'm sad that what his generation stood for might be lost.

Nice that he lived into his 90s, not many people do. I wonder what he thought about players kneeling?
                please exercise restraint and leave this nonsense out of my memorial thread

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by yo-ho View Post
                  My dad would sit me in his lap to watch YA and the G-men went I was five. Then he would complain about every QB since saying he aint no YA Tittle
                  This is fantastic

i can relate

Comment

RIP to a Giant legend. Way before my time, but I know a legend when I see one. I would hope the Giants wear his decal number on their helmets or is that gonna offend someone?

Comment

Awesome stories, it's great to see some of the fans reminisce about decades ago of football.
                      Rest In Peace YA. Legends never die, they are always remembered.

Comment

Rest in Peace to an NFL Legend. Once a Giant...

Comment

Watched this with my dad, was young then, was moved by this image. thought this was the most awesome player!

Comment

I barely remember Connerly, but YA was my one of my first sports rooting interests. He mignt have been one of the first to have a wide open passing game. At least, that's the way I remember it.

Comment

yeah JameyC I can see why you deleted that nonsense

Comment

One of the great Giants (and 49er). Glad he lived a nice long life. Rest In Peace YA.

He he will always be remembered.

Comment

Working...
                                X