Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why has Eli Manning never improved his qb mechanics and fundamentals in his 14 years in the league?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I do not know why people keep complaining about this. HE IS WHAT HE IS. Also, the media and fans aren't easy him. They actually hold him to impossible standards IMO. BTW, this is coming from someone that has been highly critical of his play for the last few years.
    Sense. Yet people are surprised that a slow, greater than average inaccurate and immobile QB isn't reversing all those trends as he ages.

Whereas I on the other hand, only continue to get thinner, better looking and younger as I age.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Sense. Yet people are surprised that a slow, greater than average inaccurate and immobile QB isn't reversing all those trends as he ages.

Whereas I on the other hand, only continue to get thinner, better looking and younger as I age.
      Isn't that what steroids are for? Or I guess the Brady diet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

The Eli apologists are hilarious making up stuff. He got gracefully dragged down and landed on a feather pillow and still fumbles. Terrible ball security and the importance of the time and location of the fumble was the absolute worst. Disgusting.

Odell just blew his ankle out and broke it because Eli cant throw a simple slant without making the WR have to jump 10 ft to get it and sacrifice his body. Nice clean pocket with time and he throws that crap and its season over Odell.
        And Eli haters are just as bad. Eli threw two TDS in the 2nd half to put the giants up if the defense makes a stop at all they win that game.
        Last edited by gntsfn; 10-10-2017, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Beyond just Eli...This Organizations haven't really done a good jump developing players PERIOD! This goes beyond just GM Picks, this falls on Coaching as well! I'm not talking Head Coach either but Position Coaches! Other Organizations are not interview Giants Assistance for Head Coach Jobs so what does that tell you? Compared to the Patriots whom every year it is at least 2-3 Guys being rumored for a Head Coach Job (Josh McDaniels, Matt Patricia)

Comment

Look at that Oline break down and make Eli throw the terrible pass. No wait, he just didnt set his feet and fired one of his patented terrible high passes to destroy another WR/TEs career. This is why he never was a great QB. Ever. He just isnt. Bad foot work. Terrible clock awareness. Awful ball security.

But people ohhhh and aaahhhhh over a few deep passes he throws into a bucket.
            That really pisses me off seeing that video. If that pass is not High because of Eli's wild accuracy, then Beckham would not have to go up only to come down with his leg trapped like that. That is TERRIBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfn View Post
              Probably not. Iím not blaming Eli for the lost at all just saying the fumble did hurt them. But they still couldíve won had the defense stopped SD at all in the 4th
              Yes like when they were 3rd and forever and the defense let them off the hook (through the whole game).

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post

That really pisses me off seeing that video. If that pass is not High because of Eli's wild accuracy, then Beckham would not have to go up only to come down with his leg trapped like that. That is TERRIBLE!
                If the Queen had balls she'd be King. Football is a rough sport and **** happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post

It's unfortunate and obviously the ball should have been lower but people calling Eli a wr killer are going way overboard. This is who Eli is. The WCO is not a fit for Eli. I guessing some are missing Kevin Gilbride right now compared to what we are witnessing with this offense.
                  Last edited by jay051; 10-10-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

riiight so your point is that we should just keep overpaying for mediocrity and accept eli for what he is.

are you a giants fan or a eli groupie?

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

It's unfortunate and obviously the ball should have been lower but people calling Eli a wr killer is going way overboard. This is who Eli is. The WCO is not a fit for Eli. I guessing some are missing Kevin Gilbride right now compared to what we are witnessing with this offense.
                      Yeah I'm not going that far it is just a unfortunate injury in actuality

Comment

If the Queen had balls she'd be King. Football is a rough sport and **** happens.
                        LMFAO True! Just Freak Injury!

Comment

Originally posted by giantofNYC View Post

riiight so your point is that we should just keep overpaying for mediocrity and accept eli for what he is.

are you a giants fan or a eli groupie?
                          What option do they have at this point? No trade clause makes so he canít go anywhere and if you cut him itíll cost you more. You donít like him fine but you have him for another year anyway

Comment

The Eli apologists are hilarious making up stuff. He got gracefully dragged down and landed on a feather pillow and still fumbles. Terrible ball security and the importance of the time and location of the fumble was the absolute worst. Disgusting.

Odell just blew his ankle out and broke it because Eli cant throw a simple slant without making the WR have to jump 10 ft to get it and sacrifice his body. Nice clean pocket with time and he throws that crap and its season over Odell.
                            Who the he'll said anything that you wrote out here?

not for nothing but I just honestly believe the way you analyze football is the same exact way you analyze my comment.

there is no truth or foundation for your comment it is totally absurd. And I know it's direct but that does not surprise me.

maybe try reading my comment again.

I didn t say anything different than you did I just actually included truth/reality.

the sack was soft as **** it was disgusting it's hard to watch and keep the stomach from turning it was awful and killed us.

he landed atop the defender and the bounce back landing on the defender caused him to fumble the ball. He had tucked it away correctly which the OP was discussing fundamentals.

normally the qb gets thrown to the ground and the ground is hard obviously the reaction to landing on the floor and a player is different and you can visibly see this is what caused that soft as **** fumble.

and that he was sacked 5x and hit 12. And despite him having a soft ads fumble it doesn't mean the OL should he conceding immediate no residence sacks which is what this specific play was.

you just are backwards minded truth be told (which likely means you will need to mess this comment all up to). You see truth and your mind malfunctions and then you use that malfunction for the foundation to ridicule and attack??

I responded trying to have a legit discussion or convo should you have wanted i didn t insult you or belittle you.

that is all you. Do you realize that here can your mind internalize that? I replied to you repeated the same things you did and said to check it out again...

sadly enough dollars to doughnuts this individual hasn't even done that. It's a backwards mind that thinks it knows everything even when not investing any time to the matter. You know it all even tho you don't know wtf happened on this play obviously bc you responded the way you did.

you anyone else thinking like you: (yes I'm gonna cap cuz I'm trying to yell lol I'm trying to snap people out of their haze and delirium)

WATCH THE PLAY AGAIN...WATCH IT AGAIN! THEN READ MY COMMENT.

if you respond in any way that is similar to the post I've quoted your mind is working backwards

Comment

TROLL POST

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfn View Post
                                And Eli haters are just as bad. Eli threw two TDS in the 2nd half to put the giants up if the defense makes a stop at all they win that game.
                                This is true. Like I said, he is rainman who somehow puts it all together in the playoffs, but the road getting there sometimes is very tough to watch and the reason he isnt a slam dunk 1st ballot HOFer with 2 SB MVPs. He is an average QB who got hot at the right times in his career. He has very high highs, and very low lows, way past the normal. One drive he looks like Dan Marino the next he looks like doesnt even know what the sport of football is. Bad footwork, terrible clock awareness and awful ball security. Somehow though morphs into a great at times. Its truly remarkable. No other QB even comes close to it.

And I think its pretty obvious he was much more suited for the Gilbride chuck and duck rather than the precise clockwork of a WCO.
                                Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

Comment

Working...
                                X