Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do the Giants do with their over payed MIA pass rushers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post
    I don't know what some of you are watching. OV has been great here with the Giants. He's a great DE. JPP is an issue. Not sure what you can do with him other than hope he plays better next year. No one will trade for him and I think the cap hit next year is too big to cut him.
    He's good, just not great. His salary is massive and he's having trouble staying healthy. When you need to rebuild your O line and LB core, you cannot have two defensive ends eating up your cap space. JPP and Vernon have not come close to the play of Strahan and Osi, or Osi and Tuck, but are making money that premier pass rushers make. If you keep them both, there's not a lot of flexibility to get better, if any. Also, Odell is going to get paid. Where's the money coming from?

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

I think Vernon has been solid, guy can't catch a break with injuries though, doesn't miss a game in a Miami, comes here gets injured two years in a row.
      i know we fired the strength and conditioning coach after the injury plagued years when we led the league in injuries but here we are again in the top 5 in the league in injuries and players on IR. at some point this goes beyond mere bad luck and there is something that is not being done right if it happens this much. even guys who never missed games in their entire career come here and get knocked out immediately. it's just mind boggling.

Comment

Who needs great run stoppers in a passing league? Who needs two edge run stoppers? You need one speed guy like osi and one gap guy like JPP. Two gap guys does nothing
        Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Like alot of others here, I disagree with you on Vernon. He has been a good player so far. He is a way better player than JPP and was having a fine season before the ankle injury. He is also only 27 years old, while JPP will be 29 at the end of this season.

JPP on the other hand (no pun)has been a big disappointment. I thought he was going to have a huge year after watching him in preseason, but it hasn't happened for whatever reason. It is not an effort thing either like some people claim. He gives it all he's got, but in reality he lacks technique as an edge rusher. Great athlete, but limited as a player due to injury/technique issues.

Comment

Working...
          X