Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The perfect place for Eli to go would be.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The perfect place for Eli to go would be.......

The Jacksonville Jaguars. They have a great running game, a good oline, some OK receivers, and an elite defense. They are a QB away from being a tough out in the playoffs. The giants could get a good draft pick and Eli gets to finish his career for a contending team. Joe Montana was traded. Why can't Eli? I believe he would waive his no trade clause to go join TC again.
    We all that we got!

I'd like to see that if for no other reason than to shut up the Eli haters when they watch him and TC win a Super Bowl. It would also be final straw to get rid of our useless GM and head coach.

plus Eli deserves a far shot at another SB run. He will not get it here.

Comment

When do you want to trade him

if they're still interested after next season I say yes

I still think giants need Eli next season to help out the young QBs on the roster

I'm not saying Eli should be starting the entire season next year . He should get the kurt Warner treatment, the next franchise QB should replace Eli around week 10, just like Eli did to Kurt 14 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
        The Jacksonville Jaguars. They have a great running game, a good oline, some OK receivers, and an elite defense. They are a QB away from being a tough out in the playoffs. The giants could get a good draft pick and Eli gets to finish his career for a contending team. Joe Montana was traded. Why can't Eli? I believe he would waive his no trade clause to go join TC again.
        I think this is a very sound and logical idea. I doubt we'd get very much in return but if this team is going to be really bad and get a top pick, they should be looking at their next QB. Thank Eli for all that he has done, trade him for whatever you can get.

Use your top draft pick on the QB you like, let that QB and Webb compete to be the next franchise leader. Trade ODB for as much as you can get for him.
        All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

As hard as Eli fought to get his no-trade clause, I doubt he'd waive it to go to the Jags or anywhere else. Besides, Eli's cap hit for next year is $22 million dollars. I doubt TC could convince the Jags ownership to take on that contract of an aging QB when they could just draft another young QB on a rookie deal and move on from Bortles.
          One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
            I'd like to see that if for no other reason than to shut up the Eli haters when they watch him and TC win a Super Bowl. It would also be final straw to get rid of our useless GM and head coach.

plus Eli deserves a far shot at another SB run. He will not get it here.
            Eli has haters? So there is actual fans of the team who hate the quarterback? Or do you confuse hate for criticism? Because if that's the case I fall into that, the OP does, and a lot of posters on the boards.
            Anyone who thinks Eli hasn't played good football in a few seasons is lying to themselves. I'm an Eli fan, but I'm a Giants fan first. I want him to succeed, hence him succeeding means success for the team.
            To answer the op, he's not going anywhere. He has a no trade clause for the reason he wants to be a Giant till he retires. I think he wants to finish what he started, this team is a hot mess. But abandoning the team which I think he will feel is he waves his no trade clause will personally bother him.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
              Besides, Eli's cap hit for next year is $22 million dollars.
              Yes, that's why he'll be here next year.

after next season it'll be easier to move on from him. Which I agree it's time for.

Comment

Originally posted by AK_91207 View Post
                When do you want to trade him

if they're still interested after next season I say yes

I still think giants need Eli next season to help out the young QBs on the roster

I'm not saying Eli should be starting the entire season next year . He should get the kurt Warner treatment, the next franchise QB should replace Eli around week 10, just like Eli did to Kurt 14 years ago
                No better time than the present. This team is toast. Despite my criticism of Eli, he doesn't deserve to go out like this. This team might go 1-15.
                We all that we got!

Comment

Eli hasnít been good in 3 of the past 4 seasons. The Oline has been garbage but even when heís had time he has not made good throws. Itís time for him to retire he also cost way more than what heís worth.

Comment

I'd love to see Eli Manning retire as a NY Giant but I think a likely scenario is that he goes to Jacksonville Jaguars and would do exceptionally well there; they have the pieces and just need a QB.

Unless something drastic happens, this season is basically over for NY Giants buts its going to be interesting to see how the team plays the rest of the year. Its gonna be interesting to see how Eli performs without any of the starting WR.

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post
                      Eli hasnít been good in 3 of the past 4 seasons. The Oline has been garbage but even when heís had time he has not made good throws. Itís time for him to retire he also cost way more than what heís worth.
                      Completely incorrect.

14 & 15 he played great. Last year was the o line and he was ok
                      This year the line is ever worse and has played good

Comment

Maybe Eli wants to stay a Giants player?
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Are you the same guy that called in after the giants loss to wfan? Carl banks just started laughing at the guy. Kinda wish I recorded it. It was funny.
                          [SIGPIC]

Comment

IMO he will never waive the trade clause and will retire before playing for another team.
                            Last edited by krankeybluechick; 10-10-2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

No better time than the present. This team is toast. Despite my criticism of Eli, he doesn't deserve to go out like this. This team might go 1-15.

I think next year is when it happens it'll benefit both Eli and the giants

JR and coach Mac need Eli and the D to try and salvage something out of this season their jobs are on the line Eli is finishing this season

I think this is a 3-13 squad and yes Eli deserves better than this but he won't get it

edit: and define good draft pick. What do you think they would give up for him.
                              if they got a 3rd i would be over the moon do you think they'd give up more than that? I don't

Comment

Working...
                              X