Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The perfect place for Eli to go would be.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I'm with you to an extent. Being critical of Eli doesn't make you a hater. It is just an opinion. I am critical of the guy too. I don't know why people get so upset over a football take.
    I was being sarcastic in regards to being a hater. In other words there are posters here who like Eli and wouldnt mind trading Eli for picks that would benefit the Giants long term. Obviously Eli would have to agree with the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

Because for some odd reason criticizing a player (Eli) means you hate the team and want to eat little babies. I've never seen it before. Osi who is an all time Giant was the dancing bear, Jacobs was the tip toe burglar. The list goes on, but Eli it's off limits. And it's quite comical. It makes you think are they Giant fans or Eli fans?
      It sure seems that way around here. It goes both ways though and i think its minimal on both sides of the spectrum.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

I was being sarcastic in regards to being a hater. In other words there are posters here who like Eli and wouldnt mind trading Eli for picks that would benefit the Giants long term. Obviously Eli would have to agree with the deal.
        I respect you a lot personally. He should agree to a deal like this one, mainly because it will be the best one that he gets.
        We all that we got!

Comment

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/1...nville-jaguars

Here is a nice article talking about the pros and cons of this kind of deal.
          We all that we got!

Comment

I had been posting Eli back with TC for weeks.
            Just, so he is in a better situation and someone who understands him.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

Because for some odd reason criticizing a player (Eli) means you hate the team and want to eat little babies. I've never seen it before. Osi who is an all time Giant was the dancing bear, Jacobs was the tip toe burglar. The list goes on, but Eli it's off limits. And it's quite comical. It makes you think are they Giant fans or Eli fans?
              I thought Ron Dayne was the tip toe burglar

Comment

I respect you a lot personally. He should agree to a deal like this one, mainly because it will be the best one that he gets.
                Same here bro.

Comment

I want Eli to go to another team an have success. Does that make me an Eli hater or lover lol. You guys and your titling posters... I just laugh.

There are just people who see Eli as a bad QB at times and some see him as a good QB. Thats all. He is both.
                  Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

Comment

So Nassib will backup Eli in Jacksonville? lol Can they take Flowers too?

Jacksonville spent a 2nd round pick on Cam Robinson who is better than any tackle we have had since Diehl was good. Thats how bad a GM Jerry Reese is.
                    Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

Comment

What part of no trade clause do you people not get. Why would he want to do that? His contract stipulates he gets 19.7 this year and 22.2 next year. He does not have to go anywhere. You guys can stomp you feet and post your emotional reason why you think it should happen all you want. That is not going to change the reality that he really has zero incentive to do so.

A He doesn't have to move his family.
                      B He gets paid.
                      C He can tell Reese to go **** himself if a trade is proposed.
                      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Eli is definitely hearing footsteps and its absolutely effecting his game, it happens to a lot of QBs as they age and Eli is no exception.....

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                          What part of no trade clause do you people not get. Why would he want to do that?
                          I think most posters here realize that he has a no trade clause. Its just that some feel it would be a win win situation for both organizations because the Jags apparently are a qb away from being Super Bowl contenders. You also make a valid point of why Eli wouldn't take the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

I think most posters here realize that he has a no trade clause. Its just that some feel it would be a win win situation for both organizations because the Jags apparently are a qb away from being Super Bowl contenders. You also make a valid point of why Eli wouldn't take the deal.
                            I would be shocked if it happened. It is not like he would get a bigger contract from a different team. I don't get why he would just up and go. This grass is greener scenario is hilarious. Entertaining and much better the dribble that is on the tube every night. I can't wait to read the next trade proposal that will never happen.
                            The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I would hate to see him in another uniform. But if his goal is to win then he should be looking for a way out. The Giants are headed for the abyss and have a coach and GM to fire..

this team will be one of the worst franchises to join until MacAdoo is gone and soul searching is done with regard to the GM and organizational jobs

there is probably 3-5 years worth of changes that need to happen for he Giants. If they knock it out of the park they could right the ship in 2 years
                              Last edited by TE88; 10-10-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

They are realistically close to being a real contending team. It would be totally worth it IMO for them to pay Eli that kind of money. They're paying Bortles 16 million to be a bust. If Eli stays here, he won't win ****. At least there he would. Staying here is a losing battle. This team isn't close and won't be till around 2020.
                                As much as I like Eli, he's not a top tier QB that you trade for and take on a $22 million cap hit. No team in their right mind is going to trade for an aging, inconsistent QB with that kind of a cap hit even if he has won 2 SBs in the past.

Plus, from Eli's perspective, he fought hard to get that no-trade clause and the Giants pushed back before agreeing to it. If he waives his no-trade clause to go to another team there's no guarantee that they would be open to allowing him to keep a no-trade clause, which opens him up to being traded away at the drop of a hat.
                                One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X