Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The perfect place for Eli to go would be.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    If the giants ask him to remove his no trade clause and he complies then gets traded shouldn't hurt his legacy at all. Going 2-14 The next couple of years will hurt his legacy though.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
      If the giants ask him to remove his no trade clause and he complies then gets traded shouldn't hurt his legacy at all. Going 2-14 The next couple of years will hurt his legacy though.
      Why should Eli comply with the Giants asking him to waive his no-trade clause and get traded just because the Giants ask him to? Eli fought for that no-trade clause so the Giants couldn't use him as some bargaining chip. If the Giants were to ask Eli to waive his no-trade clause his best option would be to just retire. That's the best way for Eli to protect his legacy and walk away on his terms.
      One of these teams is not like the others

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post
        Eli hasnít been good in 3 of the past 4 seasons. The Oline has been garbage but even when heís had time he has not made good throws. Itís time for him to retire he also cost way more than what heís worth.
        That's not true. The first 2 years under McAdoo as OC Eli strived as did the offense. Eli last year only had OBJ to throw to so as there are legitimate criticisms with some of his throws and fumbles oh God I know. I was yelling too. Without Eli this team would have won 2-3 games each of the last 3 years, even last year with that defense. This year there are so many things wrong. Eli's salary is the price of doing business any vet QB gets 20 mil plus a year. His salary is not in question.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

          Why should Eli comply with the Giants asking him to waive his no-trade clause and get traded just because the Giants ask him to? Eli fought for that no-trade clause so the Giants couldn't use him as some bargaining chip. If the Giants were to ask Eli to waive his no-trade clause his best option would be to just retire. That's the best way for Eli to protect his legacy and walk away on his terms.
          Or he should finish out his contract and then wait for his bust to canton. Eli's legacy was already set after the 2011season. Like you said Eli fought for the no trade clause.....

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
            Eli's salary is the price of doing business any vet QB gets 20 mil plus a year. His salary is not in question.
            Exactly. Imagine if Andrew Luck was the qb here with his price tag??

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

              Beautiful weather, top 5 RB, good Oline, a great defense and a ton of weapons.

              with teams loading the box against Fournette, he won't have to fit the ball in tight windows to triple covered receivers.


              if I was Eli with the trash they put in front of him I'd setup a meeting with Mara right away. Get the draft picks from Jags and draft an Olinemen. Giants won't compete and this oline will take years to rebuild.. might as well draft his replacement and start competing in 3-4 years.
              As I stated once the no trade is rescinded from the wording of the contract. It is gone forever. Who is to say the Jags would not deal him?
              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

                Why should Eli comply with the Giants asking him to waive his no-trade clause and get traded just because the Giants ask him to? Eli fought for that no-trade clause so the Giants couldn't use him as some bargaining chip. If the Giants were to ask Eli to waive his no-trade clause his best option would be to just retire. That's the best way for Eli to protect his legacy and walk away on his terms.
                If he retire he loses out on the 40 million dollars left on his contract.

                I'm the biggest Eli fan on this site and I'm not saying this because I want him gone like some here do. I want him to go where he has a chance to win. The only thing he's winning here is a trip to the hospital behind this oline.
                I don't think it hurts his legacy if he helps a perennial loser like the jaguars play deep into the playoffs. They just kept the Steelers under 10 points. Imagine if he went and won a Superbowl? They have team on defense, a great oline and running game. I have no doubt that he can take that team deep and maybe even the Superbowl because aside from the chiefs there isn't really a great team in the acc this year.

                Imo this would be much better for his legacy than winning 3-5 games a year before he retires.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by TEM View Post

                  As I stated once the no trade is rescinded from the wording of the contract. It is gone forever. Who is to say the Jags would not deal him?
                  This is true, I understand that. But what if he ends up playing really well for Jax? They have a really good defense, their oline is young, Fournette is a rookie and their receivers all are young as well. ELI can still sling it. That oline will give Eli time and with defenses crowding the box he won't believe the passing lanes hes going to have and the time to throw. TC needs to pixk up the phone and call Mara. The giants are a sinking ship. Drc just got suspended, watch other players start acting up and show up the coach. This team is a dumpster fire and if I was Eli I would want to go to a place that has a chance to win.

                  he doesn't have to uproot his family, he's a rich guy and can work around this. Besides he's from the south and probably would be easier to transition down there during the off season and be closer to his family.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

                    This is true, I understand that. But what if he ends up playing really well for Jax? They have a really good defense, their oline is young, Fournette is a rookie and their receivers all are young as well. ELI can still sling it. That oline will give Eli time and with defenses crowding the box he won't believe the passing lanes hes going to have and the time to throw. TC needs to pixk up the phone and call Mara. The giants are a sinking ship. Drc just got suspended, watch other players start acting up and show up the coach. This team is a dumpster fire and if I was Eli I would want to go to a place that has a chance to win.

                    he doesn't have to uproot his family, he's a rich guy and can work around this. Besides he's from the south and probably would be easier to transition down there during the off season and be closer to his family.
                    IMO he would be better off getting cut. He gets paid fro the Giants and his next employer. I would say on the market he could easily at minimum get 15 a year. Add what the Giants would owe him. It more be more lucrative for him over the next 2 seasons.
                    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I know if Eli and tc take Jacksonville to the playoffs, one qb& coach combo will soil their pants.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

                        If he retire he loses out on the 40 million dollars left on his contract.

                        I'm the biggest Eli fan on this site and I'm not saying this because I want him gone like some here do. I want him to go where he has a chance to win. The only thing he's winning here is a trip to the hospital behind this oline.
                        I don't think it hurts his legacy if he helps a perennial loser like the jaguars play deep into the playoffs. They just kept the Steelers under 10 points. Imagine if he went and won a Superbowl? They have team on defense, a great oline and running game. I have no doubt that he can take that team deep and maybe even the Superbowl because aside from the chiefs there isn't really a great team in the acc this year.

                        Imo this would be much better for his legacy than winning 3-5 games a year before he retires.
                        Eli fought for that no-trade clause because he didn't want to get shipped off somewhere else. He's played his entire career in New York. If the Giants ask him to waive his no-trade clause then that's sending him a message that they don't want him anymore. In that scenario, Eli would be better off just retiring than starting over on a team that's been perennial losers like the Jags on the slim hope that he could possibly win another SB.

                        As for the money, if Eli waived his no-trade clause it's likely the Jags would insist on restructuring his deal next year because $22 million is too big of a cap hit for a 37 year-old QB who hasn't won a playoff game in years.
                        One of these teams is not like the others

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

                          Eli fought for that no-trade clause because he didn't want to get shipped off somewhere else. He's played his entire career in New York. If the Giants ask him to waive his no-trade clause then that's sending him a message that they don't want him anymore. In that scenario, Eli would be better off just retiring than starting over on a team that's been perennial losers like the Jags on the slim hope that he could possibly win another SB.

                          As for the money, if Eli waived his no-trade clause it's likely the Jags would insist on restructuring his deal next year because $22 million is too big of a cap hit for a 37 year-old QB who hasn't won a playoff game in years.
                          That doesn't make senss. Jags and Giants are at Eli's mercy to pull the no trade clause, there is no way he pulls it and take a pay cut.

                          The Jags have a ton of space and Eli can be cut if he's ineffective after 2018.

                          The Jags may have been perennial losers but are leading their division. The afc is wide open, Eli, any guy would rather play for a competitive team than walk away from 45 million dollars


                          There is no starting over with the Jags, they have a top oline, top running game and a bunch of weapons on offense with a swarming defense that can be scary good. This will be similar to Peyton going to a ready made Broncos team

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post
                            Eli hasnít been good in 3 of the past 4 seasons. The Oline has been garbage but even when heís had time he has not made good throws. Itís time for him to retire he also cost way more than what heís worth.
                            nonsense,,Eli has the it factor and it showed itself last year in the packers playoff game once again. he came out on fire and the team let him down. enough with this eli bashing crap, some of you should be ashamed of yourself. if you protect him he shreds any defense in this league, fact. if he gets into the playoffs he becomes a man possessed whom nobody wants to play, fact. enough already.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

                              That doesn't make senss. Jags and Giants are at Eli's mercy to pull the no trade clause, there is no way he pulls it and take a pay cut.

                              The Jags have a ton of space and Eli can be cut if he's ineffective after 2018.

                              The Jags may have been perennial losers but are leading their division. The afc is wide open, Eli, any guy would rather play for a competitive team than walk away from 45 million dollars


                              There is no starting over with the Jags, they have a top oline, top running game and a bunch of weapons on offense with a swarming defense that can be scary good. This will be similar to Peyton going to a ready made Broncos team
                              How would the Jags be at Eli's mercy? Just because the Jags have a ton of cap space doesn't mean they would be willing to spend it on an aging QB. The Jags are leading their division with Blake Bortles as QB, which means they don't need Eli or his $22 million dollar cap hit. And Eli has spent his entire career with the Giants, so, yeah, he would be starting over with a new franchise at 37.

                              No team is going to trade for an aging QB with a $22 million cap hit. This was the same discussion about Romo last season when talk of him being traded was going around, but the belief was no team would take on his contract and Romo just 'retired'. And in Peyton's case, he was released by the Colts and signed with Denver. The Giants would probably just release Eli instead of trying to convince him to waive his no-trade clause and let him test the market.
                              One of these teams is not like the others

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X