Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My vision for the future.......and it all starts now......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My vision for the future.......and it all starts now......

    I've said this in several threads, but it's time we had a thread dealing with this one exact topic......What do we do now? Here is my idea.

    Mara deserves the biggest piece of the blame pie for allowing the Reese debacle to continue. I believe he should step aside and let someone outside the Giants family to come in and take over. A new head of football operations. And I think he should do it now. Let the new guy evaluate talent and personnel through the rest of the season. Let him spend that time finding the GM so once heads start rolling, we'll be ahead of the game. That man should be Bill Parcells. Before any of you start throwing his age around....Bill has a great football mind and will demand accountability from everyone. It's not like he will be marching up and down the sidelines, yelling at players and refs.....age will not be a factor. He would be tough, impartial and have ZERO loyalty to people that have been there far too long. Back up the Brinks truck.....bring in BP and then get out if the way.

    With the season going the way I think it will....0-16 to 2-14......the Giants will be in the position to draft the next franchise QB. Let Webb compete. No one is going to let him play this year with their jobs on the line.....so we'll see nothing of him until next year. Worst case, Webb is good and we have someone we can trade.

    The Reese, McAdoo.....and, yes...Eli era has come to it's bitter end. Should have happened 2 years ago when they scapegoated TC.

    Anyway.....what do you have that's better?
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

  • #2
    I think Bill likes retirement. Nothing money can't change, but seems to be staying away from the game. I fear the Giants will either keep Reese or promote his lackey Marc Ross. Either way I want a new voice and mind running the team.
    McAdoo has no business being a head coach, this was a desperate hire from an owner who wanted his "broken" offense fixed. Well it's not fixed and now the stench of mediocrity went to the defense.
    I think the Eli era is done with too, but be careful. The Manning fanatics sense blood. And they will be damned that their favorite son isn't talked about or treated better.
    This franchise needs a facelift, does the owner have the stones to do so?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FBomb View Post
      I've said this in several threads, but it's time we had a thread dealing with this one exact topic......What do we do now? Here is my idea.

      Mara deserves the biggest piece of the blame pie for allowing the Reese debacle to continue. I believe he should step aside and let someone outside the Giants family to come in and take over. A new head of football operations. And I think he should do it now. Let the new guy evaluate talent and personnel through the rest of the season. Let him spend that time finding the GM so once heads start rolling, we'll be ahead of the game. That man should be Bill Parcells. Before any of you start throwing his age around....Bill has a great football mind and will demand accountability from everyone. It's not like he will be marching up and down the sidelines, yelling at players and refs.....age will not be a factor. He would be tough, impartial and have ZERO loyalty to people that have been there far too long. Back up the Brinks truck.....bring in BP and then get out if the way.

      With the season going the way I think it will....0-16 to 2-14......the Giants will be in the position to draft the next franchise QB. Let Webb compete. No one is going to let him play this year with their jobs on the line.....so we'll see nothing of him until next year. Worst case, Webb is good and we have someone we can trade.

      The Reese, McAdoo.....and, yes...Eli era has come to it's bitter end. Should have happened 2 years ago when they scapegoated TC.

      Anyway.....what do you have that's better?
      I am all for Tuna having some role but Dave Gettleman needs to return to the Giants front office as well. The latter is a no-brainer.
      Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

      Comment


      • #4
        Parcells is kind of old at 76.


        Fan since 1970.
        ---------------------





        ----------------------------------------------
        "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

        Comment


        • #5
          Bill likes money and a challenge.
          He also knows talent like no one we have here. (understatement)

          He cold be good for 2 years of transition.
          No one remembers who came in second.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by primetime View Post
            I think Bill likes retirement. Nothing money can't change, but seems to be staying away from the game. I fear the Giants will either keep Reese or promote his lackey Marc Ross. Either way I want a new voice and mind running the team.
            McAdoo has no business being a head coach, this was a desperate hire from an owner who wanted his "broken" offense fixed. Well it's not fixed and now the stench of mediocrity went to the defense.
            I think the Eli era is done with too, but be careful. The Manning fanatics sense blood. And they will be damned that their favorite son isn't talked about or treated better.
            This franchise needs a facelift, does the owner have the stones to do so?
            Maybe Bill is waiting for THIS chance. Who knows. Gobs of money has an influence. Good question about Mara. Does he have the humility to realize that this is on him, or will he be Jerry Jones?

            Don't care about Eli's fans. The numbers don't lie....and he'll be 37.
            I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

            Comment


            • #7
              This team needs 3 new OL, a running back, LB's and probably another WR and strong corner or two (odds are DRC won't be back). That cost money and draft resources. Don't assume that the GIants will add a QB to the list.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm on board with bringing in a Bill ... Bill Polian

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
                  Parcells is kind of old at 76.

                  So? Did you read what I wrote or just being a smart ***? If so, well played ,sir.
                  I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Giantterp View Post
                    This team needs 3 new OL, a running back, LB's and probably another WR and strong corner or two (odds are DRC won't be back). That cost money and draft resources. Don't assume that the GIants will add a QB to the list.
                    It's the smartest play imo. Eli is going to be 37. A new GM isn't going to want to be saddled with him. If you have the draft position that puts a franchise QB at your pick....you take him.
                    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think we should consult with as many trusted and respected football minds as we can. I think now is the time to first solidifiy our philosophical approach to building a team. Where do we want to go? Then we can figure out the Who.

                      I think hiring someone fulltime to coexist with GM would be a mistake.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        I'm on board with bringing in a Bill ... Bill Polian
                        My 2nd choice for the exact same position.
                        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BigBlue2010 View Post
                          I think we should consult with as many trusted and respected football minds as we can. I think now is the time to first solidifiy our philosophical approach to building a team. Where do we want to go? Then we can figure out the Who.

                          I think hiring someone fulltime to coexist with GM would be a mistake.
                          Why?....John Mara is already doing it.....and poorly.
                          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FBomb View Post

                            Maybe Bill is waiting for THIS chance. Who knows. Gobs of money has an influence. Good question about Mara. Does he have the humility to realize that this is on him, or will he be Jerry Jones?

                            Don't care about Eli's fans. The numbers don't lie....and he'll be 37.
                            The smartest thing Jerry Jones did was give up some of his power to his son Stephen Jones. No coincidence that the drafts got better when he was making the calls.
                            Mara had to sit back and think what's best for the franchise? And that would be to cut bait with Reese and McAdoo and move forward. Reese tenure has been done for years now he just so happened to draft Beckham and everything is good in Giant land. But our issues are mostly at the doorstep of Jerry Reese office.
                            As for McAdoo, he's just not ready for this. It's overwhelming and coaching in the biggest market doesn't help. The fans of the team he's coaching don't take him serious, to his clothes to his coaching style. And if not now very soon he'll have a divided locker room.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by primetime View Post

                              The smartest thing Jerry Jones did was give up some of his power to his son Stephen Jones. No coincidence that the drafts got better when he was making the calls.
                              Mara had to sit back and think what's best for the franchise? And that would be to cut bait with Reese and McAdoo and move forward. Reese tenure has been done for years now he just so happened to draft Beckham and everything is good in Giant land. But our issues are mostly at the doorstep of Jerry Reese office.
                              As for McAdoo, he's just not ready for this. It's overwhelming and coaching in the biggest market doesn't help. The fans of the team he's coaching don't take him serious, to his clothes to his coaching style. And if not now very soon he'll have a divided locker room.
                              That's why they should do this NOW. Let it be known that NO ONE is safe.
                              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X