Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My vision for the future.......and it all starts now......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

Evaluate what we have worth keeping. Put Reese on notice....Be proactive in finding a GM and HC.
    Reese needs to be gone not put on notice

they can be just as proactive in January finding GM and HC

do you trust mara/Tisch to hire right GM
    that's what makes me most nervous tbh

Comment

Originally posted by AK_91207 View Post

I want change, I want the culture changed, but how does firing everybody in mid season help that process at all

they all deserve to go and should I agree but how does it help to do it now rather than end of the season

I maybe wrong sure I just think that's the way it's going to play out
      Doing it mid season is not better. It should be thoughtful but with a purpose. So if cleaning the house, the garage and the shed takes until after the season, I am on board.

I may have mis-read your intentions. What I was rejecting was the team's usual approach which overdoes a measured, take it easy, these things take time, let's not overreact approach. If it takes until the end of the season, I don't object to that. The problem is so deep and pervasive that it could take a few months to figure out wtf has gone wrong and crafting a thoughtful corrective plan.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I want change, I want the culture changed, but how does firing everybody in mid season help that process at all

they all deserve to go and should I agree but how does it help to do it now rather than end of the season

I maybe wrong sure I just think that's the way it's going to play out
        Nobody's getting fired mid season. This is strictly Mara stepping aside and letting a true football mind run the operation to try and salvage the season. After it's over THEN he makes the changes based on evaluations. Everybody is on notice. You play and fight to keep your job.
        Last edited by FBomb; 10-11-2017, 08:12 PM.
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

Doing it mid season is not better. It should be thoughtful but with a purpose. So if cleaning the house, the garage and the shed takes until after the season, I am on board.

I may have mis-read your intentions. What I was rejecting was the team's usual approach which overdoes a measured, take it easy, these things take time, let's not overreact approach. If it takes until the end of the season, I don't object to that. The problem is so deep and pervasive that it could take a few months to figure out wtf has gone wrong and crafting a thoughtful corrective plan.
          You and I are on the exact same page

there's no chance Mara thought he was going to face having cleaning house this season I guarantee it he has to be disillusioned as we are

he needs to take his time clear his head accept responsibility for his part in all of this which is what you said his over loyalty and ability just to tolerate mediocrity in the name of continuity.

and honestly what franchise altering executive is sitting out there available in October. I know f-bomb would say parcells but leave him out of it lol

we have to wait till season is done for NFL to talk to guys who aren't available right now

gotta do it smart not emotional

Comment

there's no chance Mara thought he was going to face having cleaning house this season I guarantee it he has to be disillusioned as we are

2 things I like about Mara. He is a lot like a fan when he is watching the games.

But he is a smart enough businessman to not let that emotion affect his decisions during a season.

Anyone who has any long-term experience with the giants knows that no big changes will happen during the season. You might see Webb get some 2nd half snaps if they are totally out of it later in the year, but that will be it.

Comment

You and I are on the exact same page

he needs to take his time clear his head accept responsibility for his part in all of this which is what you said his over loyalty and ability just to tolerate mediocrity in the name of continuity.

and honestly what franchise altering executive is sitting out there available in October. I know f-bomb would say parcells but leave him out of it lol

we have to wait till season is done for NFL to talk to guys who aren't available right now

Smart, decisively, completely and timely are all good for me.

Timely can be in the days and weeks after the season is over.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

As I said previously in this thread earlier, we need time and be methodical - and again, a 3-4 year process (with emphasis on process).
                Player by player and position by position with others as warranted.
                Cleaning house now will not work!!! It is a step by step approach and starting after this season (maybe tweak a little here and there before then).
                Being expedient will mess things up more now. Planning and strategy now is key though!
                We will get there, but again, let's be methodical about this!
                Finally, Go Giants!!! it eventually will work out with the right foresight and intelligence (including key management first)!

FANNYG

Comment

Originally posted by PuckersMcColon View Post

Thing about Webb is, we don't know if he ever develops into something usable. So with that, if a franchise QB is sitting there, you take him. If you end up having two great QB's trade one. And like you said, no OL will be worth taking at that high a pick. Some people, myself included, worry about the David Carr scenario with this OL. But here is a thought, draft said QB, have him sit behind Geno or Webb and let those guys take the pounding while the OL is figured out.
                  the problem is I don't know if i see a franchise QB in this draft. that's why you grab barkley if available and take it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by FanNYG View Post

As I said previously in this thread earlier, we need time and be methodical - and again, a 3-4 year process (with emphasis on process).
                    Player by player and position by position with others as warranted.
                    Cleaning house now will not work!!! It is a step by step approach and starting after this season (maybe tweak a little here and there before then).
                    Being expedient will mess things up more now. Planning and strategy now is key though!
                    We will get there, but again, let's be methodical about this!
                    Finally, Go Giants!!! it eventually will work out with the right foresight and intelligence (including key management first)!

FANNYG
                    I appreciate the sarcasm!
                    I hope everyone else got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post

There is a fine line between methodical and dithering. I think that Mara likes to think he thinks things through and makes decisions based on a process etc but in reality he has been dithering since 2013 . He dithered his way into firing Tc and hiring MacAdoo and there is a good chance he will dither his way through this next process. I hope not, but history isnít on our side here.

Leaders need to be able to make decisions. In a situation like ours you can be sure of a couple things and make decisions now. No further analysis is required. One of those things is hat the HC was a bad hire and canít do the job. You donít need to do any evaluation to know this. The other thing we know is that there is a problem in the GM and scouting drafting rooms. I donít know who or what it is but this is more complicated and requires a comprehensive response that will take time to develop. The plan has to start now.

but I would fire MacAdoo today. He isnít the future and there is no way you can give him another team next year after what has happened this past week. Spagnuolo or Quinn can coach interim and at least this will put the football world on notice that big changes are coming to the Giants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward Cuff View Post
                        I have two observations.

The media is unanimous that drastic change is required. The media is unanimous that there will be no change. One scribe has suggested that the only change will be firing a few assistant coaches.

A QB should not be drafted in the first round if Ben is still the HC. Ben will ruin him. What do you want in a first-round QB? Strong arm? Make all the throws? Poise? Accuracy? Whatever. That is not what Ben wants. He wants a dinky-dunky QB who will throw 8-yard passes. He is fanatically dedicated to what he believes is a WCO without any flexibility. Draft the QB only if Ben is gone.
                        yep. except he does not want a dinky dunky qb (whatever that is lol) he wants aaron rodgers i would think, who was the qb at green bay when he was there. you would think he wants a guy who can escape the pass rush and still throw on the move really well. in other words he wants chad kelly, pat mahommes, or lamar jackson type of talent. he does not want josh rosen or davis webb or eli manning type of talent... yet webb is here...head scratcher.
                        Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-12-2017, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X