Is anyone else really angry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else really angry?

I have been on these boards a long time, although I don't start a lot of new threads. However the way this season has unfolded has left me really bitter and angry towards the ownership and management of this team. I feel like we, as fans, were sold a bill of goods that was a bunch of lies at worst, and wishful thinking, at best.

How in good conscience could Reese and McAdoo go into this season with the OL as it is (or was) constructed and honestly think that this team would have success? Did they really believe that Flowers was a better player, and that Bobby Hart was better than a 7th round pick? Did they even care what the outcome could potentially be for the health of Eli with these two scrubs (throw JJ in there too) on the field? Either they really did believe it, which says a lot about the talent evaluation skills of both of them, or they knew what they were and just didn't care enough to do anything about it. How do you draft or sign offensive skill players when the foundation of any team, the OL and DL's need to be the top priority?

It makes me wonder.....did the players know, deep down, the chances for success were slim with this team? Did Eli know what he was in for, and just tow the company line and say all the right things. I have to believe the answer to those questions is YES. Look, has Eli's play declined the last few years- sure it has. But did he deserve to have to play with this line in front of him and be expected to make plays and score points all without getting beheaded? Yes he makes a lot of money, but no amount of money is worth risking your future health for in my opinion.

The entire team and the entire fan base was done a disservice, even Flowers and Hart and JJ as well. They don't belong starting on an NFL roster- period. Not one of them. And I'm sorry but Pugh and Richburg are no great shakes either. This season was doomed before it started, and how in gods name JR and BM still have jobs at this point, I just don't understand. I don't care if it's the middle of the season. I don't care if that isn't the way the Mara's do things- these two clowns are the main reason for the state of this team right now, by far. An incompetent GM who doesn't see the value in linebackers (give me an effen break, this franchise was made on great linebackers!!!), can't draft anyone worth a damn past the first 2 rounds (a trained or even semi-trained monkey can make good picks in the early rounds) and a coach who is so out of touch with his players, the game plan, and the game itself, and just watch- they will both still be here next year.

Yes, I'm angry- we all should be.

Originally posted by OrangeGiant View Post

How in good conscience could Reese and McAdoo go into this season with the OL as it is (or was) constructed and honestly think that this team would have success? Did they really believe that Flowers was a better player, and that Bobby Hart was better than a 7th round pick?
    Respectfully, I can't blame McAdoo for this OL. This OL nonsense has been going on for 5 years and likely cost Coughlin his job. That draft room stinks and this whole organization got lucky that undrafted or late picks Diehl, Seubert and company developed. Besides Snee back in 2004 they haven't drafted anybody beyond a mediocre Pugh worth mentioning early.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

Respectfully, I can't blame McAdoo for this OL. This OL nonsense has been going on for 5 years and likely cost Coughlin his job. That draft room stinks and this whole organization got lucky that undrafted or late picks Diehl, Seubert and company developed. Besides Snee back in 2004 they haven't drafted anybody beyond a mediocre Pugh worth mentioning early.
      I hear you, but he is the HC. He decides who suits up and takes the field. He has culpability to some extent, he has to.

Comment

Anger was a few weeks ago. Now, depression has set in.

Comment

Im too disappointed to be angry. Now, should Reese not get fired...I'll be livid.

Comment

I hear you, but he is the HC. He decides who suits up and takes the field. He has culpability to some extent, he has to.
            if you were the HC, who would you suit up? Wheeler?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
              Anger was a few weeks ago. Now, depression has set in.
              +1
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

if you were the HC, who would you suit up? Wheeler?
                A tacking dummy would be better. Yes, Wheeler- can he be worse? Are you being serious or just giving me a hard time because you feel like it? FLOWERS SUCKS, HART SUCKS. I am not getting into the line combinations who could have tried, but if something isn't working do you just keep doing it and hope it gets better or try to do something to remedy it?

Comment

Actually numb is the ideal word when it comes to the Giants. Last year was clearly an aberration. Post season in 2 of the past 9 seasons will make one feel that way.

Comment

A tacking dummy would be better. Yes, Wheeler- can he be worse? Are you being serious or just giving me a hard time because you feel like it? FLOWERS SUCKS, HART SUCKS. I am not getting into the line combinations who could have tried, but if something isn't working do you just keep doing it and hope it gets better or try to do something to remedy it?
                    That's not an answer. Coughlin only had so many bodies to chose from as does McAdoo. Who do you put in? The roster is a fact and the head coach doesn't draft players nor sign free agents. You can't even come up with a solution. Do something different? Do what? Coughlin didn't have anything to work with either. That's not the coach.

Comment

Not really, the writing was on the wall. Between certsin players actions, along with Mara, and the refusal to make changes I've had it with them. Expect more of the same next year. The year after that will probably be the true rebuilding mode so it will be a loooong several years IMO, better get used to it.

You can thank the 3 stooges (Mara, Reese and McApoo) for this mess.

Comment

Can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Even if Ben looked like a good coach, we would still be struggling with this crap OL. The issue is clearly Jerry Reese and his Flowers Hart and Richburg picks and his Jerry aquisition thinking it would all work and not helping.
                        I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Comment

That's not an answer. Coughlin only had so many bodies to chose from as does McAdoo. Who do you put in? The roster is a fact and the head coach doesn't draft players nor sign free agents. You can't even come up with a solution. Do something different? Do what? Coughlin didn't have anything to work with either. That's not the coach.
                          Please, give me a break I gave you a potential solution, there are other lineman on the team that can be moved to LT. Just switch Pugh and Flowers to start, isn't that an option? There I gave you an answer. Never mind you're right- keep playing Hart and Flowers. And if you think the HC has no say in the draft process you are clueless- totally clueless. Who do you think really wanted Davis Webb? Do your homework or go home....

Comment

I'd didn't buy a bill of goods so I can't complain too much.
                            Fan since 1970.
                            ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
                            "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Originally posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
                              Im too disappointed to be angry. Now, should Reese not get fired...I'll be livid.
                              This is where I'm at. I'll be livid if BOTH Reese and Ben arent gone. I think Ben's the bigger problem at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X