Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scouting Oline talent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by TEM View Post

    So explain 0-5 . Last season is irrelevant. I would agree he is going to get a pass for this seasons debacle but to suggest he is not to blame is blind hero worship.
    Ducks, The Ringer . . . and now "blind hero worship" . . . which would make you the bipolar opposite by making the coach accountable for all the failures. I've bashed the front office, the mistakes the coach has made AND he's admitted his mistakes and the bashed the players. Where are all the players admitting to their failures? Can we send a virtual hug to Eli Apple? He claims he's playing poorly b/c of the culture? Way to take ownership Apple, did he hear banks tell him to "Grow up?" Nice job giggling on the sidelines after the defense gave up a score.

    When has John Jerry come out and admitted he blew his assignments? How about "I'm the best tackle in the league" Bobby Hart? Can Flowers speak or just shove Ranaan? Hey Shepherd, how about admitting you ran the pattern short? OBJ, well, that's the cost of my talent, a 15 yard penalty. Meanwhile the coach said he made mistakes. The players say NOTHING. It's always somebody else's fault. So the fans jump on board b/c, BOO HOO, they don't like the record. How about the players say something besides "we have to look at the film:?

    Blame the coach 100%, go a head and give our WR, the Generational A-Hole a pass as the culture has turned to (blank) since that boat trip.

    Comment


    • #32
      I don't think it has anything to do with geography. It comes down to the fact that this front office can not scout offensive linemen to save their life. The picks at the top of the draft are average to above average on their best day, and their day 2-3 picks aren't even starter material.

      Comment


      • #33
        Teflon Jerry is a garbage GM and here is the context:

        http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page...hy-trouble-nfl

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

          Ducks, The Ringer . . . and now "blind hero worship" . . . which would make you the bipolar opposite by making the coach accountable for all the failures. I've bashed the front office, the mistakes the coach has made AND he's admitted his mistakes and the bashed the players. Where are all the players admitting to their failures? Can we send a virtual hug to Eli Apple? He claims he's playing poorly b/c of the culture? Way to take ownership Apple, did he hear banks tell him to "Grow up?" Nice job giggling on the sidelines after the defense gave up a score.

          When has John Jerry come out and admitted he blew his assignments? How about "I'm the best tackle in the league" Bobby Hart? Can Flowers speak or just shove Ranaan? Hey Shepherd, how about admitting you ran the pattern short? OBJ, well, that's the cost of my talent, a 15 yard penalty. Meanwhile the coach said he made mistakes. The players say NOTHING. It's always somebody else's fault. So the fans jump on board b/c, BOO HOO, they don't like the record. How about the players say something besides "we have to look at the film:?

          Blame the coach 100%, go a head and give our WR, the Generational A-Hole a pass as the culture has turned to (blank) since that boat trip.
          You are correct the rest of us are wrong.
          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by TEM View Post

            You are correct the rest of us are wrong.
            you don't represent the rest.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

              A pretty good reason to spend limited salary cap money on quality OL who have proved they can play well in the NFL.

              Here are the free agent OL he could have signed who are playing well:

              T Andrew Whitworth
              T Riley Reiff
              T Mike Remmers
              T Rick Wagner
              T Russell Okung
              T Kelvin Beachum
              G Ron Leary
              G TJ Lang
              G Kevin Zeitler

              In addition, T Ryan Ramczyk is playing well for New Orleans.

              Instead Reese signed Marshall and Ellison. NOW he is bringing in quitter LT Albert???
              Right! There at least 6 teams that have, or are in the process of, building solid to good Olines.

              Bills, Titans, Green Bay, Chiefs, Dallas, Raiders, Eagles (when they get both OTs back), Rams (all of a sudden Gurley is running again), Jacksonville, Atlanta

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by drewz View Post
                I don't think it has anything to do with geography. It comes down to the fact that this front office can not scout offensive linemen to save their life. The picks at the top of the draft are average to above average on their best day, and their day 2-3 picks aren't even starter material.
                Heres the problem. Everyone wants Reese gone for his ol failures but being good at alot of other things. There gms out there who aren't good at anything.
                http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

                  Since will Beatty a 2nd rounder, the giants have drafted Pugh 1st round, richburgh 2nd, flowers 1st round. So in 9 years, they have had 19 1st and 2nd round picks 4 have been used on the oline so that's 1/5 or 21% of the first and second round picks have been used on the oline. That's a pretty good investment if you ask me.
                  it's only as good as the guys that evaluate the OL talent,they have been out drafted by all the teams in the division and 95% of the teams in the league.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

                    it's only as good as the guys that evaluate the OL talent,they have been out drafted by all the teams in the division and 95% of the teams in the league.
                    Of course. But it's not like they haven't tried. Also, it's not like they made a bizarre choice. All of the picks were right about they should of been drafted. Flowers at 9 was probably the biggest reach. But I still think flowers is playing out of position. I made a post about it during the pre season. I linked 3 articles from scouts all saying he may or should end up being a guard and not a tackle. Why the giants have not tried that is beyond me.
                    [SIGPIC]

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by drewz View Post
                      I don't think it has anything to do with geography. It comes down to the fact that this front office can not scout offensive linemen to save their life. The picks at the top of the draft are average to above average on their best day, and their day 2-3 picks aren't even starter material.
                      they haven't just been bad with OL they aren't exactly killing it on the D line either half of there starting DL are high priced free agents,line backers if they draft an average one the fan base gets giddy it's been so long,they draft backwards two years ago no OL at all, DL later in the draft, LB forget it,but the first round they take Apple building from the outside in is bad drafting,think engrem is a nice player but knowing the line has been putrid for 5 years you think maybe go interior first and try to correct some of the mistakes made the last 6-7 years,no way the GM admits he blew those picks.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

                        Of course. But it's not like they haven't tried. Also, it's not like they made a bizarre choice. All of the picks were right about they should of been drafted. Flowers at 9 was probably the biggest reach. But I still think flowers is playing out of position. I made a post about it during the pre season. I linked 3 articles from scouts all saying he may or should end up being a guard and not a tackle. Why the giants have not tried that is beyond me.
                        I agree but what happening now is they won't swallow there pride for the betterment of the team,they needed to pump resources into both lines until complete,if your good in the trenches it covers up a lot of garbage when teams can pass protect receivers get open with time in this league,same for the DL if you can stop the run and rush the passer it takes a lot of pressure off the corners,i said it 5 years ago just said in the post before this they draft backwards from the outside in.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by TEM View Post

                          This is where a coach that knows how to mask his teams deficiencies is the difference between winning and losing .
                          bingo TC i have to say figured out ways to keep the QB upright and give him some time,Macs answers is get it out in 2.5 seconds not easy on the receivers with DBs sitting on all the short stuff slants and such.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by PennState1 View Post

                            Right! There at least 6 teams that have, or are in the process of, building solid to good Olines.

                            Bills, Titans, Green Bay, Chiefs, Dallas, Raiders, Eagles (when they get both OTs back), Rams (all of a sudden Gurley is running again), Jacksonville, Atlanta
                            some of the teams you mentioned seem to keep the OL stocked it's very seldom you see teams in the our division be down at that position for as long as the giants have been,think maybe the skins were for a prolonged period.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by drewz View Post
                              I don't think it has anything to do with geography. It comes down to the fact that this front office can not scout offensive linemen to save their life. The picks at the top of the draft are average to above average on their best day, and their day 2-3 picks aren't even starter material.
                              Poor scouting, poor drafting and poor development.

                              Like I contend the problem this team has is systemic. That's why true change is needed.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by gumby74 View Post

                                Heres the problem. Everyone wants Reese gone for his ol failures but being good at alot of other things. There gms out there who aren't good at anything.
                                Im not saying Reese is bad at everything but can you elaborate on what "being good at a lot of other things" means to you.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X