Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cromartie/DRC suspended

per Francessa

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has been suspended by the Giants after showing up to practice Wednesday and leaving shortly thereafter, Ben McAdoo said.

“He came in today, decided to leave,” McAdoo said.

The cornerback, according to McAdoo, had conversations Wednesday and Tuesday with the team. What those conversations were McAdoo did not expand upon.

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.co...es-giants/amp/
    Last edited by NYSPORTS; 10-11-2017, 02:02 PM.

a little more info (per WFAN NY, mike francesca)

DRC took his shoulder pads off during halftime and said he wasnt going to play anymore
    Another player confronted him and there was a physical altercation (other player unknown)
    DRC then came in today and then left, so Giants suspended him
    DRC and Macadoo have beef apparently

Comment

Bye week and the owner will speak. Maybe he should speak today and next week.

This mess isnt good for anybody.

Comment

Whaaaaa ????????

Comment

And the unraveling of this disastrous season continues. Absolutely unbelievable that the owners have such a low opinion of the fanbase that they allow this ****show to continue. It could easily be a historically bad season by the time it is done and they simply don't seem to care.
          Last edited by Hendricks; 10-11-2017, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Well, DRC is the one few piece which can be traded. Good cap number

Comment

The unraveling
              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

oh well, one more cb that has to be replaced... as if we didn't have enough holes to fill....at least it will save cap space.... great talent...not easy to replace... can play slot as well as safety... sigh....

Comment

I also heard that Jenkins walked off the field before the game ended.

Obviously there are serious issues with this team.

Comment

This is disappointing. I've always liked and respected DRC since he became a Giant. I was surprised on how much he has improved as a tackler since he came here. Also loved how he was a team-first guy and accepted the move to the slot for the better of the team. He even played through injuries over the years. But, all of that respect, is gone because he just decided to quit on the team when the going got tough. Speaks a lot about his true character. Also says alot about McAdoo and how he has lost this team. If he is not gone after this season something is truly wrong with this organization.

What does this show the young players in that secondary who look up to DRC, like Apple and Collins? Not good. To me, that is the worst part of all of this.
                    Also, I wonder who confronted him? Snacks? Casillas? JPP? Maybe Landon Collins?

I just got a pop up on my phone saying it was McAdoo and him?

The positive news is this will make the Giants decision of whether to keep him or save 8mil in cap next year a lot easier. Bye DRC. It was nice knowing ya.

Comment

POPCORN....
                      "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

Originally posted by Hendricks View Post
                        And the unraveling of this disastrous season continues. Absolutely unbelievable that the owners have such a low opinion of the fanbase that they allow this ****show to continue. It could easily be a historically bad season by the time it is done and they simply don't see to care.
                        Or as a caller just mentioned on the radio, if the Giants do in fact have a terrible season, that would give John Mara a reason to clean house.

I've never wanted to see the Giants lose before, but maybe that would be best for them overall.

Comment

Does anyone remember when The Jets were the only circus in town?
                          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

This team is a ****ing mess!!! So sad that it has come to this!

Comment

This is exactly what happens when you are expected to contend for a championship. Not surprised one bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X