Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a few things most Giants fans have all wrong !!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
    1. spags being a great dc
    2. reese not bringing in enough talent
    3. oline being the worst in the nfl or close to it
    4. Eli being a hall of fame caliber player
    5. odell being straight
    1, Spags is a very good DC.
    2. This past offseason and draft should have been to rebuild the line. He failed.
    3. I don't know where to begin. It's pretty common knowledge
    4. I agree that Eli is borderline. The SB MVP's will probably get him in.
    5. I don't know what you men by straight. Unless this was the punchline....if so...kudos.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

so you are suggesting eli is a a better QB than Dan marino?
        That's crazy talk I love Eli but no way

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post

Couldn't agree with you more except for on #4.

Eli is the GOAT in terms of durability and consistency when it comes to lacing up every Sunday. Add on at least two Lombardi's as icing on the cake and I think he's a lock. I can't really defend him much lately though, he hasn't been very sharp.
          disagree. hes top 5 in the league in terms of completion percentage and hes done it behind one of the worst OL's in the league (yeah they are one of the worst) and with a wr core who has the second most drops in the league. hes also not making the usual, pull your hair out kind of mistakes (w/ the exception of the fumble last week) that he usually has over the course of his career. his arm strength looks to be as strong as it ever has been, he looks more comfortable running with the ball this year than he ever has and he put 14 points on the board last week after losing 3 of his starting wr's.
          Last edited by alwaysready; 10-11-2017, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

disagree. hes top 5 in the league in terms of completion percentage and hes done it behind one of the worst OL's in the league (yeah they are one of the worst) and with a wr core who has the second most drops in the league. hes also not making the usual, pull your hair out kind of mistakes (w/ the exception of the fumble last week) that he usually has over the course of his career. his arm strength looks to be as strong as it ever has been, he looks more comfortable running with the ball this year than he ever has and he put 14 points on the board last week after losing 3 of his starting wr's.
            come on 70 percent of passes are 5 yarders. ill give you the arm strength seems still good, still over throwing and throwing high. he has lost the 2/4min drill magic he used to have though. that int sealed it. he still doing the delay of games unaware of the clock at times.

Comment

haha, well eli is a good guy, i didnt like archie getting involved and refusing play for the chargers i also didnt like the trade when big ben was more nfl ready. i certainly didnt like his first contract after the rookie deal where he was then the highest paid player in the nfl.

as of all 3 guys id take eli today flaws and all. injuries and i never liked rivers or his throwing style. this is his last few years im ok with that. he is the best option we have, but if we are eliminated i wish webb get some time in to see what he has got.
              We are eliminated... No starting WR's; O line was, what, 31st ranked last year and picking right back up in that mode this year; Eli is a wasted Giant right now. I'm a big Eli supporter but reality says we need a more mobile QB. So, as far as I'm concerned, find out now if Webb is worth a starting spot next year, or use that upcoming high number 1 draft pick on one of the top three QB's. IN fact, trade Eli to a team that has a decent OLine, but not a good enough QB for the playoffs.
              If Webb looks good, use that Hi pick on a OT. I don't know how you think Flowers is improving. I don't see it.
              The defense is getting ready to fold. Cromartie unrest; Apple was unhappy when told he was being replaced, JPP blaming the offense; How many sacks does our D have? ; LB's are average. Collins not the enforcer he was last year.
              There's a lot to clean up here. Trade Eli and get what you can. If ODB prognosis it full recovery, I say trade him, to.
              I'll always remember how Dallas traded Herschel Walker to Minny for all those first round draft picks... it set Dallas up for years. I say trade Eli and ODB and get some OLine help, better LB's, more depth all over.
              Finally... a little surprised that you put Shep in that nearly All Pro list. What credentials in his first year+ makes you think he is that good?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                sorry joe, lol

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post

What's the purpose of football? Is it to win games in the season putting up stats or to win super bowls?

I swear some people don't get what they're watching. You just admitted Eli got hot AND WON THE ****ING SUPER BOWL. the only thing that matters.

If another qb has less super bowl MVP then they are worse than ELI IN TERMS OF CAREERS. it's ****ing simple. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't understand the simplest ****.

Winning is the only rhing that matters. End. Of story.

How many rings does Rodgers and his best qb ever moniker garnered him?

1. Less than Eli. Hmmmmmmmmm.
                  I agree. Winning SBs is the only thing that maters. Problem is, you are implying ELI won those SBs all by his lonely which he certainly did not. Teams win SBS, individuals win MVPs awards. Without Eli, we dont win those SBs. It still doesnt mean he is a great QB. I always fall back on the fact that most his career he was outside the top 7 or 8 QBs in the NFL. Sometimes out of the top 15. He isnt a great QB. I would take Dan Marino 100 times out of 100 over Eli, and Dan never won a ring. He was never even close to being better than Peyton, Tom or Drew or Aaron Rodgers in any year.

That said, having hindsight, I would take Eli 100 times out of 100 and make that draft trade in 2004 since he helped get us 2 rings. It worked out for us, and the Steelers.
                  Last edited by TheAnalyst; 10-11-2017, 08:00 PM.
                  Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                    Eat a snickers Joe, harmless thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post

What's the purpose of football? Is it to win games in the season putting up stats or to win super bowls?

I swear some people don't get what they're watching. You just admitted Eli got hot AND WON THE ****ING SUPER BOWL. the only thing that matters.

If another qb has less super bowl MVP then they are worse than ELI IN TERMS OF CAREERS. it's ****ing simple. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't understand the simplest ****.

Winning is the only rhing that matters. End. Of story.

How many rings does Rodgers and his best qb ever moniker garnered him?

1. Less than Eli. Hmmmmmmmmm.
                      This is an incredibly myopic perspective.

btw - McNabb has more wins than Steve Young and Matt Hasselback has more wins than Kurt Warner.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

1, Spags is a very good DC.
                        2. This past offseason and draft should have been to rebuild the line. He failed.
                        3. I don't know where to begin. It's pretty common knowledge
                        4. I agree that Eli is borderline. The SB MVP's will probably get him in.
                        5. I don't know what you men by straight. Unless this was the punchline....if so...kudos.
                        Don't you find Spags blitzes to be very predictable? Did we change anything from last year? Every time we blitz, offences just hit us with a screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Don't you find Spags blitzes to be very predictable? Did we change anything from last year? Every time we blitz, offences just hit us with a screen.
                          I think Hankins being gone effects what we have in the middle and Vernon being hurt limits how many pass rushers we can rotate in and out.
                          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

This is an incredibly myopic perspective.

btw - McNabb has more wins than Steve Young and Matt Hasselback has more wins than Kurt Warner.
                            None except Warner has a SB ring. I wouldnt trade Manning for Marino nor for any of the above losers.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

None except Warner has a SB ring. I wouldnt trade Manning for Marino nor for any of the above losers.
                              losers? call me when Eli wins a league mvp nevermind 2.

Comment

Originally posted by zimonami View Post

We are eliminated... No starting WR's; O line was, what, 31st ranked last year and picking right back up in that mode this year; Eli is a wasted Giant right now. I'm a big Eli supporter but reality says we need a more mobile QB. So, as far as I'm concerned, find out now if Webb is worth a starting spot next year, or use that upcoming high number 1 draft pick on one of the top three QB's. IN fact, trade Eli to a team that has a decent OLine, but not a good enough QB for the playoffs.
                                If Webb looks good, use that Hi pick on a OT. I don't know how you think Flowers is improving. I don't see it.
                                The defense is getting ready to fold. Cromartie unrest; Apple was unhappy when told he was being replaced, JPP blaming the offense; How many sacks does our D have? ; LB's are average. Collins not the enforcer he was last year.
                                There's a lot to clean up here. Trade Eli and get what you can. If ODB prognosis it full recovery, I say trade him, to.
                                I'll always remember how Dallas traded Herschel Walker to Minny for all those first round draft picks... it set Dallas up for years. I say trade Eli and ODB and get some OLine help, better LB's, more depth all over.
                                Finally... a little surprised that you put Shep in that nearly All Pro list. What credentials in his first year+ makes you think he is that good?
                                when are people going to stop with the "trade odell" crap? the guy is the most talented player to ever play on the offensive side of the ball for the Giants. He's not going anywhere for a very long time. Love him or hate him, the guy adds a dimension to our team that few other teams have or ever will have.

Comment

Working...
                                X