Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nicks says he told Coughlin he wouldn't be attending OTA's. Whaaaat?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicks says he told Coughlin he wouldn't be attending OTA's. Whaaaat?

??? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-ota-absences/
    Mood: WOOF!

ehh....
    who knows what is really said or not. Misinterpreted, etc...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      ehh....who knows what is really said or not. Misinterpreted, etc...
      True. We've had the weirdest offseason..
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Great to have clarification
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Florio is misrepresenting what Coughlin said re: voluntary. TC clearly said the OTAs were voluntary even if he would rather they weren't. Media spin.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Odd situation

Comment

Wonder who the "sources" who said said this are. Not directly quoted from Nicks. Hmm?
              2017 Draft Wishlist:
              1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
              2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
              3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
              4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
              5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
              6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
              7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Well, this past week he was running a football camp for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  Florio is misrepresenting what Coughlin said re: voluntary. TC clearly said the OTAs were voluntary even if he would rather they weren't. Media spin.
                  No. TC always makes it seem like voluntary isn't really voluntary.

Comment

He can take his time for all I care, as long as he's ready for Training Camp. He has every right to skip OTA's especially when he spent all last year from injuries that originated in OTA's. I hope he's 100% and has a great season.

Sidebar: I think the Giants made a huge mistake not signing him last year, he will have a big season and cost them millions more. The Giants are normally smart about when they resign or extend players (think about the discount they got with Tuck).

Comment

TC made it seem like he had no idea where Nicks was at all, like he dissapeared off the face of the earth or something...

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                        TC made it seem like he had no idea where Nicks was at all, like he dissapeared off the face of the earth or something...
                        maybe senility kicking in....joke folks..lets not get our panties in bunch
                        "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Someone needs to check their inbox I think....

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                            No. TC always makes it seem like voluntary isn't really voluntary.
                            He said in the first interview that they were voluntary. These are adults we're dealing with, not first graders.

Excerpt: ""At one point, he came and told me he was going to be here," Coughlin said. "Then, he was not here. The strictest interpretation is everybody knows it’s a voluntary program."

Nonetheless, Coughlin said he has found it hard to balance the fact that the OTAs are voluntary yet most teams consider them mandatory.

"How do I balance it?" he repeated. "Not very well. It would great to have all of our guys working and feeling good about the progress we’re making. That’s just from a coach’s perspective.

"You deal with some of this pretty much on a weekly basis. It’s a product of our system and that’s the way it is. I can complain all I want." Read more...

Of course he wants them all to attend, what coach doesn't? The CBA has watered practices down to a point I don't know why they bother putting pads on.
                            Last edited by RoanokeFan; 06-04-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Look @ the BIG picture and you'll understand why he isn't @ OTA's. If the open market truly determined a players contract instead of the CBA, he would probably be at OTA's; but it isn't and he ain't. Would you risk everything you have for nothing? Go Giants! SB XLVIII @ home, beautiful!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X