Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the decision that sealed this season's fate. the exact point of no return.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the decision that sealed this season's fate. the exact point of no return.

At 59:40 in this video is the point where the Giants showed what kind of team they are.

The setup...

Down by 10 to the Lions. The ball is on the Giants 26 yard line with :26 seconds left in the half. The Giants have all 3 timeouts remaining. After an 8 yard gain on the ground, bringing the ball to the Giants 34, they opt to let the clock run out and end the half. With 3 timeouts left they chose to give up and not even attempt to get more points. Was anyone else like WTF? HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE decision!!!!! Even had we not scored any points at least trying to score would have gone a long way! We had ALL 3 TIMEOUTS LEFT and were down by 10! What would Belichick have done?

The Giants have been playing not to lose. When they should have been playing...

Comment

I recall saying that was a gutless decision my McAdoo.
      I bet that was the point when the team started to tune him out.
      McAdoo has a broken locker room, and with no experience to back him he will have a hard time regaining trust from his players.
      He reminds me of one of the three stooges, I have yet to figure out who yet.

Comment

I agree that those decisions were detrimental (it's basically telling your team that you have no confidence in them, understandably, but I still would've tried to march down the field) but I think it was the 61 yard field goal that the Eagles made. That pretty much set the tone for what kind of season this would most likely be. Who the hell makes that field goal? It's so rare that it definitely demoralized the team, because the giants should be the better football team (on paper they were, aside from the o-line) and the defense even made a stop by keeping out of field goal range.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
          I recall saying that was a gutless decision my McAdoo.
          I bet that was the point when the team started to tune him out.
          McAdoo has a broken locker room, and with no experience to back him he will have a hard time regaining trust from his players.
          He reminds me of one of the three stooges, I have yet to figure out who yet.
          I agree. Here's what tickles my noodle though. We're not going to go 0-16. We'll probably win some games where EVERYONE expects us to lose because that's just how the Giants operate. I wouldnt be too surprised if we got to 6-10 on the season. However, a scenario similar to that pushes us out of top 5 for for the draft and does just enough to give confidence that maybe we can win with FO, coaches & staff. Ultimately though, it just keeps us in this sustained state of meritocracy, which is the same state this team has been in since winning the SB.

Comment

Originally posted by pacco_diablo View Post

I agree. Here's what tickles my noodle though. We're not going to go 0-16. We'll probably win some games where EVERYONE expects us to lose because that's just how the Giants operate. I wouldnt be too surprised if we got to 6-10 on the season. However, a scenario similar to that pushes us out of top 5 for for the draft and does just enough to give confidence that maybe we can win with FO, coaches & staff. Ultimately though, it just keeps us in this sustained state of meritocracy, which is the same state this team has been in since winning the SB.
            I agree. This team is going to have to rebuild at some point. The more the FO puts it off the worst it is going to get

Comment

Ummmm they are not going 6-10. You're saying they are going to go 6-5 the rest of the way? No chance in hell. They are going to get buried in Denver this week. No offense without Odell. Be surprised if they score a td. Maybe in garbage time. This team will prob only be favored in a couple games the rest of the way . Maybe 49ers a picked or the Ram game a slim fave. 6 wins.... nope

Comment

At 59:40 in this video is the point where the Giants showed what kind of team they are.

The setup...

Down by 10 to the Lions. The ball is on the Giants 26 yard line with :26 seconds left in the half. The Giants have all 3 timeouts remaining. After an 8 yard gain on the ground, bringing the ball to the Giants 34, they opt to let the clock run out and end the half. With 3 timeouts left they chose to give up and not even attempt to get more points. Was anyone else like WTF? HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE decision!!!!! Even had we not scored any points at least trying to score would have gone a long way! We had ALL 3 TIMEOUTS LEFT and were down by 10! What would Belichick have done?

Agreed. Captain McAclueless forgoes easy FG's all the time, going for idiotic 4th downs in FG range far too early, and ill-advised 2-point conversions.

Too many pub drinks with Reese. In that small circle, they routinely call everybody in the footballl world, while they are the beast coach, GM tandem in the league.

Comment

i mean there was only 18 seconds left after that run. way too far , most coaches would end the half

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                    i mean there was only 18 seconds left after that run. way too far , most coaches would end the half
                    Yeah, I'm going to have to strongly disagree with that. There was 22 sec left after that run. Your down by 10. You have 3 timeouts and need 30 yards to be in decent field goal position. Then they pack it up like we're securing the lead. Nah, most coaches would play to win the game, not play to not lose or be happy with keeping it close. Mac already had it made up in his mind before they ran a play that they were going to pack it in. That's a loser's mentality. This is what sets Belichick apart from other coaches. He's be up by 10 and still probably try to score again in that situation. We had 3 timeouts. He was playing a coach on TV and not being a coach. HORRIBLE decision that said a lot across the board.

Comment

what the hell do you know about football Pacco? You wanna coach this team? Go ahead - try!

(McAdoo told me to tell you that )
                      "It's nice to see arrogance humbled" - Wellington Mara

Comment

Originally posted by pathas View Post
                        what the hell do you know about football Pacco? You wanna coach this team? Go ahead - try!

(McAdoo told me to tell you that )
                        Hey, Im just a displaced fan. Lol. But at this point in the season, anyone from these boards could have been the coach and not done any worse.

Comment

Hey, Im just a displaced fan. Lol. But at this point in the season, anyone from these boards could have been the coach and not done any worse.
                          no - I agree with you 100% I said the same exact frikkin thing when that happened. No I yelled it. No guts no glory.
                          "It's nice to see arrogance humbled" - Wellington Mara

Comment

Working...
                          X