Enjoying the dumpster fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

I don't enjoy seeing it but if this is the catalyst to actual effective change, then I'll embrace it.
    Sort of how I feel ....

Comment

Originally posted by loadedaxe View Post
      Ok so lets look at this.

JR got Odell, JR got Engram, JR got SS, JR got JPP, Snacks, OV, Jenkins, DRC and the list goes on.

I was on the "FIRE HIS *** NOW" bandwagon as well. But if you sit back and look at the talent he did bring...meh he actually did better than our season indicates.

I dont agree with letting Hankins go, I also dont agree with Apple over Amukamara, but it is what it is.

Look at this team, they should not be doing this bad. It all boils down to one person....I'll leave you to figure that out.

There is one person responsible for all this ****. Who is in charge of the locker room?
      The problem with Reese is his woeful inability to draft.

We currently have four draft picks on our roster, drafted between 2009 and 2013, that are playing beyond their rookie contract. Eli, Pierre-Paul, Deossie, and Pugh.

Despite the opinion of a few, Reese has been dismal when it comes to building a roster.

Comment

If one has a win then one must also have a loss. As far as I know. one does not happen without another. This is the nature of the universe. That is how competition works.
        Release your emotions about it. Embrace the beauty of the whole of it.

Actually, if you detach from the outcomes of the contests, there were some close games with some exciting plays to watch this season. Plenty of storylines and drama. What more do you want? You people have been brainwashed into thinking winning is the only thing. It isn't. Not ever has that been true. Don't believe everything you hear.

If you are going to watch a sports team for your entire life, 80 years or so, most of those years will not contain a championship. So, you will have had to have lost. Most years your team loses. Why be upset about what is the definite reality of the situation? are you a martyr ? Close your eyes and ask yourself, what exactly is it that upsets me? Did i not get entertained? IF not, why not? The entertainment was there? Why did i not enjoy it? Why have i attached my own feelings to an outcome i have zero control over?

That is they key isn't it? You want to be in control and you are not. Nobody gives a **** what you think. If they had only listened to you! Welcome to the club! LOL.

Well when you get older and wiser, like the op who has been a fan since before I was born, then you start to let all that go and just enjoy life. All of life. Winning a sports contest isn't everything. Never has been. Look forward to finding bright spots to build on for next years draft. Enjoy the social interactions with other fans. Treasure what is really important. One good conversation is far more valuable than any game will ever be. When i was a kid, i recall my grandmother yelling at me for staying in to watch sports. She insisted I go outside and PLAY sports. How dare i watch others do something, when i was young and could go out and play it myself! Grandmas can be very wise.

Alright, i'll step off my soapbox now. The team stinks this year but you guys are still posting. So perhaps If i'm preaching to the quire. I'm glad to converse with you all. Boxcar, I'm glad to make your acquaintance. Thanks for reminding us.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
          Not sure how any fan could enjoy seeing their team become an embarassment
          Enjoyment is not the right word. However, I'm now pseudo pulling for us to continue this plummet. This season has a chance to be a complete blessing in disguise. End up with a top pick and bridge the gap between Eli and our next franchise QB. Few franchises get this opportunity.
          NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
          Garrett Bolles - OT
          David Njoku - TE
          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

Enjoyment is not the right word. However, I'm now pseudo pulling for us to continue this plummet. This season has a chance to be a complete blessing in disguise. End up with a top pick and bridge the gap between Eli and our next franchise QB. Few franchises get this opportunity.
            I'm with you there

Comment

Originally posted by krankeybluechick View Post

I'm just hoping that another GM is drafting for us next season because I do not trust Reese to draft the right QB! Always thought Nassib was a mistake after watching him play at Syracuse (now that team is torturous to watch) and I have no idea about Webb.
              Syracuse is doing better than the Giants! Im a Cuse fan too. And yes, Reese has to be gone otherwise that top pick could be useless.

Right now, my college QB ranking is:

1- Josh Rosen UCLA, 20 years old 6'4'' 220lbs
              2- Baker Mayfield Ok, 22 years old, 6'1'' 215lbs, more of a scrambler
              3- Mason Rudolph Ok St, 22 years old, 6'5'' 230lbs
              4- Luke Falk WSU, 22 years old, 6'4'' 220lbs

Sam Darnold is most likely going back to school as he is struggling pretty bad.
              Last edited by TheAnalyst; 10-12-2017, 12:07 PM.
              Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

Comment

i knew the window would close soon, i just didnt think it would be this soon with the talent we had on the roster

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Syracuse is doing better than the Giants! Im a Cuse fan too. And yes, Reese has to be gone otherwise that top pick could be useless.

Right now, my college QB ranking is:

1- Josh Rosen UCLA, 20 years old 6'4'' 220lbs
                  2- Baker Mayfield Ok, 22 years old, 6'1'' 215lbs, more of a scrambler
                  3- Mason Rudolph Ok St, 22 years old, 6'5'' 230lbs
                  4- Luke Falk WSU, 22 years old, 6'4'' 220lbs

Sam Darnold is most likely going back to school as he is struggling pretty bad.
                  I won't pretend I know much about College football players as Syracuse is the only team I really follow (hometown). I prefer the NFL above college and in basketball college above NBA. I will have to watch a few games with these QBs but will take your word on them. At least I have the Yankees which takes away some of the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Completely disagree with you. Reese had to spend million on getting the D back from the low levels. That was on him and basically had to correct his decision making and fix it with big dollars. Yes every now and then he pics a good player but "you and I" could do that too! Unfortunately his bad picks out way his good ones by a big margin. His lack of understanding the importance of a LB unit was missing and TE's were in the same boat. He had projects and seemed to think that pass rushing DE's were the answer to the entire D. But wait! there is more. Reese had 5 to 6 years to rebuild an Oline for Eli who is a non-mobile QB in his twilight years. This neglect IMO was unthinkable how he let that happen. You have a 2 time superbowl champion QB surrounded by a horrible oline. 5-6 years!! Come on man! Oh BMac is not HC material but Jerry Reese is a bad GM and it took time for that to surface. John Mara needs to fire Jerry Reese and Ben Macadoo if this ship is gonna turn around.
                    Good points, I dont how I shoved them under the carpet.

Fire is burning once again...FIRE HIS ***!!

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

Im rooting for a 3-13 season...lol, we have to beat Dallas, Washington and Philly at least once.

Comment

I have never lashed out about the owners, but I will now if they keep this disastrous GM.
                        I think the owners are as big a problem as McAdoo, and Reese, they can't just sit back and be the owners when the team is spiraling totally out of control by the guys they have running the thing...

Comment

Originally posted by loadedaxe View Post

Im rooting for a 3-13 season...lol, we have to beat Dallas, Washington and Philly at least once.
                          If that gives us a top 3 pick, I'm all for it. Heck, give me a win this weekend in Denver while we're at it, because I'll be there in person. That said, if 2-4 wins pushes us out of the top 3, I'll take a 1-15 record and take my lumps.
                          NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                          Garrett Bolles - OT
                          David Njoku - TE
                          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameBavaro View Post
                            This season reeks of 2003 all over again only worse. I thought Fassel's tenure was respectable with this team and how he carried himself as as a coach. McAdoo is becoming a buffoon and a punchline. Haven't seen it as bad as this since Handley.
                            He was a good coach and players coach, but in the end they got sloppy and undisciplined, which I was glas they brought in TC. Mc is a players coach, and in his second year, they are already undisciplined and sloppy. Even last year they had those moments. Not impressed with him. Maybe its a learning experience for him and he will get better if he ever gets a second chance. Sad thing is, we had to suffer from it for possibly years. B/w him and jr.
                            Peace,
                            DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

Every team needs a healthy cleanse every now and then. Our time is now. It sucks though watching this and is not enjoyable. But it seems necessary to rid ourselves of terrible mistakes. If McAdoo is fired, which now I agree he has to be as the players are completely disrespecting him, Reese will go with him. There is no way Reese survives this one. If he does, We should all just boycott the Giants until Mara sells the team.

Go Yankees
                              Good post here. Every team is going to have to rebuild every now and then. Yankees a team that is almost always on top of MLB just went through one. It sucks because I really thought we could get one more before Eli calls it quits but looks like that was wishful thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X