Would Reese ever be a GM again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Reese ever be a GM again?

If we fired him, would he be able to find a new home? Would any team potentially look his way in the next decade? Where would life take J-Dawg?

I can see him being a head scout.
    That was his best positional job.
    He lost touch when after a year or two as GM.

Comment

Nope. Has about as much chance of being a GM again as Kapernick

Comment

Would McAdoo ever be a coach again.

Hell. ****ing. No.

Comment

For Macadoo,a high school...MAYBE!!!!
          Last edited by mikehouse_99; 10-12-2017, 05:36 AM.
          Giant fan since '85

Comment

Nope

Comment

Reese would get a Front Office job, he is talented at Scouting. I do not think he would be snapped up as a GM right away. Down the road, anything is Possible. The NFL re-Treads everyone and Reese was part of a staff that built two SB winners.

Also, don't forget, Accorsi still gets consulted a lot by teams, and Reese would be high on the list of people he would recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
                If we fired him, would he be able to find a new home? Would any team potentially look his way in the next decade? Where would life take J-Dawg?
                Who the hell gives a ****!!! As long he is not our GM
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

As far as a vote of confidence, I give him two thumbs down.

Comment

the head coach and the GM are problems for the owners to deal with and thats where it gets scary because these owners seem to have no stones for doing whats necessary...

Comment

I don't care if JR ever gets another GM job, I just want him out as the Giants' GM.
                      One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

If the answer is "no", you have to wonder why we would keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                          I can see him being a head scout.
                          That was his best positional job.
                          He lost touch when after a year or two as GM.
                          Groupthink is wonderful if not a little misleading, occasionally.

His 2007 draft class is big reason why in year 1 as a GM we won the SB. Not some playoff games, the Superbowl, you thought he "lost his touch"? huh

to the OP yes, he will get a job. Its the GM's job to hit 1st/2nd round picks and i can't think of many GM's that hit those picks as often as JR. That includes the guy in New England.

The scouting department? thats been our issue. We're not getting any return from our 3-7 round picks which is fine every one and awhile, its just not good enough these days as we're really not getting any value at all.

Comment

I don't think JR is going anywhere. He screwed up and effed our OL, but he's been pretty solid otherwise. Make no mistake though, he holds a lot of the responsibility.

I don't think Mac is going anywhere either unless the locker room dysfunction continues. The Giants being the Giants will give him the opportunity to start over with a QB of his choosing. My guess.
                            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                              I don't think JR is going anywhere. He screwed up and effed our OL, but he's been pretty solid otherwise. Make no mistake though, he holds a lot of the responsibility.

I don't think Mac is going anywhere either unless the locker room dysfunction continues. The Giants being the Giants will give him the opportunity to start over with a QB of his choosing. My guess.
                              Tomlinson has quietly been an excellent pick. Engram, if we decide to use him now will be good as well. Gallman looks like a player as well.

JR kept the defense in tact from the top 5 unit it was the year prior while adding Marshall, Engram on offense.

Everything regressed.

So tell me arm chairs GM's of the Giants message boards. When you take into consideration that our OL has been relatively good, if not, then perhaps adequate the last 2-3 weeks. Good enough for Eli to make plays and for our run game to get finally going. Why are we still losing if the OL not playing well dictated "everything".

So enlighten me as to what you would have done differently since JR is such a moron. Instead of just *****ing. Give me your would be solution(s)

"Complaining about a problem without providing a solution is called whining" - Teddy Roosevelt

No one likes whiners. Right?

Comment

Working...
                              X