Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You are the HC, you are about to lose the Locker Room, and possibly your job. What do you do today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are the HC, you are about to lose the Locker Room, and possibly your job. What do you do today?

Me personally?

I call all the guys in together, and I say being on a team is all about being accountable to each other. Then I spend a few minutes saying how I am the most accountable person in the locker room, and that as the HC, I have not been that, and I tell all of the guys I am SORRY.

Then, I go around the room and ask each guy what their goal is for the rest of the season. Individual Goals, Team Goal - we get a Whiteboard and we write them all down.

Then I tell the guys that yes, we are 0-5, and things look bad, but we are going to put in the work, we are going to try and have fun, and that we are a family. Let's get through the season as a family, and we will use everything going forward from here as a learning experience.

The Only way we get out of 0-5 and get some wins is together. I want input from all the guys back to me and their position coaches on what schemes/plays and concepts they like, and that we will change some things up and look at things differently based on THEIR feedback.

Try and make it fun, and try and let them know we are in it together. Let the players know you care about them and while being professional, we can still try and have some fun and surprise some people and play for pride.

After losing everything else, its time for him to step back. He needs to be a game manager and let DC do what a DC does. He has to either appoint fulltime OC duties to Sullivan or let Eli run the show. Thats where the healing starts.

Comment

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
        Me personally?

I call all the guys in together, and I say being on a team is all about being accountable to each other. Then I spend a few minutes saying how I am the most accountable person in the locker room, and that as the HC, I have not been that, and I tell all of the guys I am SORRY.

Then, I go around the room and ask each guy what their goal is for the rest of the season. Individual Goals, Team Goal - we get a Whiteboard and we write them all down.

Then I tell the guys that yes, we are 0-5, and things look bad, but we are going to put in the work, we are going to try and have fun, and that we are a family. Let's get through the season as a family, and we will use everything going forward from here as a learning experience.

The Only way we get out of 0-5 and get some wins is together. I want input from all the guys back to me and their position coaches on what schemes/plays and concepts they like, and that we will change some things up and look at things differently based on THEIR feedback.

Try and make it fun, and try and let them know we are in it together. Let the players know you care about them and while being professional, we can still try and have some fun and surprise some people and play for pride.
        Sounds good, but it does not strike me as something Macadoo would ever do.

Comment

I think he needs to go back to his old hair style...

Comment

I think he needs to take genuine responsibility - not the tomtit he spouts in the post game pressers.

Comment

He should go to Denny 's and exchange menu's.
              Maybe a moon over Mi hammie may work.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                Lol!

Comment

+1.....
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Yj5Jh71BI

Vic Dibitetto tells it like it is.......funny but vulgar...
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Admit you're in over your head and resign. For McAdoo only.
                      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

haha ... perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                          Me personally?

This is EXACTLY what you need to do, and doesn't happen enough in the NFL. I think ego's get in the way from this stuff happening, and thats why so many teams go through 16 weeks of hell, instead of at least trying to make the best out of a terrible situation.

Check out the Tailgates of Hell: The NFC East Podcast for the Common Man!

Check out the Week 6 NFC East preview here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...153580971?mt=2

Comment

The problem with this is that the players by now must feel like he doesnít care about them. This would likely come across as unauthentic in my opinion. I donít disagree with you one bit that this is what should happen, I just donít know if this would benefit.

What might work better is if Eli and a defensive leader led a players only meeting. This way they can make sure everyone is accountable to one another as players, and then have those veteran leaders emphasize that they back the coaches and that the coaches need everyone moving in the same direction.
                            see if they can find out what the disconnect is in an honest and open forum, then give that feedback to the coaches separately so they arenít feeling attacked and can adjust.

Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by NetSymptom View Post
                              The problem with this is that the players by now must feel like he doesnít care about them. This would likely come across as unauthentic in my opinion. I donít disagree with you one bit that this is what should happen, I just donít know if this would benefit.

What might work better is if Eli and a defensive leader led a players only meeting. This way they can make sure everyone is accountable to one another as players, and then have those veteran leaders emphasize that they back the coaches and that the coaches need everyone moving in the same direction.
                              see if they can find out what the disconnect is in an honest and open forum, then give that feedback to the coaches separately so they arenít feeling attacked and can adjust.

Just my .02
                              Well, you have to know how to communicate with these guys so it is authentic. You have to believe what you are saying, you can;t act it. I think deep down he cares about his players. You have to let those guys know that. He needs to do it for himself too. It's not just the GIANTS watching him. Other teams will want to see what he does and how he handles things, his future employment and availability with 31 other franchises depends on it.

Players only meetings are good too, but I think this HC needs to step out of the repeated Weekly routine and have a crisis meeting and get this all out on the table. I'd be telling these guys that we may not make the playoffs, but we can be a thorn in the side of a lot of teams, build for next year and have some fun. If you are out of, play to have some fun, and let the players know we are still going to work hard, but we are going to have some fun too.

Comment

Working...
                              X