Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You are the HC, you are about to lose the Locker Room, and possibly your job. What do you do today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with your concrpt.
    The players don't trust McAdoo.
    Like a partner cheating on you.
    It never or it takes a lengthy period of time to regain trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

Well, you have to know how to communicate with these guys so it is authentic. You have to believe what you are saying, you can;t act it. I think deep down he cares about his players. You have to let those guys know that. He needs to do it for himself too. It's not just the GIANTS watching him. Other teams will want to see what he does and how he handles things, his future employment and availability with 31 other franchises depends on it.

Players only meetings are good too, but I think this HC needs to step out of the repeated Weekly routine and have a crisis meeting and get this all out on the table. I'd be telling these guys that we may not make the playoffs, but we can be a thorn in the side of a lot of teams, build for next year and have some fun. If you are out of, play to have some fun, and let the players know we are still going to work hard, but we are going to have some fun too.
      I hear you, I guess I just am really skeptical that McAdoo has the communication skills or the trust of the players to accomplish this.

Part of that may just be the press conferences we hear, that he is Captain Cliche and all bravado with no substance. If he can have an open dialogue and reach the players thatís great, I donít trust him enough to not make things worse is all.

Comment

In all seriousness, it comes down to: what kind of guy is McAdoo apart from what we as fans see/hear in his press conferences?

Is there any depth to his character? Is there something there that players can actually admire and respect?

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Since this is completely hypothetical, for me personally, convince the FO into making a bold move for the future. Perhaps using a draft pick or two and snatching a defensive player who was once on his way to a great career but all of a sudden has question marks around him. How about a player like Navorro Bowman? Life is chalked full of risks but sometimes you've got to go big or go home. That is specifically what I would do.

Comment

1 by 1, call each player, into the office & read the riot act, have Jerry Reese stand behind you & just watch, Professionally degrade their individual play so far this season, then make it personal ( plenty of insults, ie Worthless POS )& tell them exactly where to go, extra points for gutter language, threaten their jobs,& blame each one for the lost season. Ending with It's ALL YOUR FAULT, Shape up or You'll be back in here Next Week for a lot worse...NOW GET OUT!...( That is how would be handled in the real world workplace )...Coach MCAdoo probably has the Mr Softee Ice Cream truck pulling to the facility right now....
            Last edited by foxie; 10-12-2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Kneel on the sidelines

Comment

OK while I'm against just firing a guy after 2 season especially when the 1st Season they went 11-5 but when you start losing THE TEAM/PLAYER themselves as a Head Coach, that is hard to repair sometimes. Even Coughlin had to compromise a bit and change some things to accommodate.

If McAdoo can't fix this in the next 11 Games and get his guys to not roll over and continue to play hard for him and if we continue to have these issues spill over into the media then yeah McAdoo will be OUT!

This has been just a weird season all around honestly with Politics spilling over into the NFL and Players and Owners at Odds. It is things going on that are far more important than football and when you have owners like Jerry Jones trying to force guys to do what he wants...this could go ugly and you can see more situations like with DRC and guys maybe even organizing a Walk Out around the NFL. This is BAD!

As for on the field, it is nothing but CONFUSION on the Defense right now it is really Bad. I like Spags but his Zones got guys just completely Lost and Confused
                Last edited by Sicko; 10-12-2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Show Eli videos of Rodgers and tell Eli, " YOU CAN DO IIIIT!

Comment

i certainly wouldnt go around kissing players behinds, telling them its all my fault i suck as a play caller and hc. id be a man and say look we are better than this record shows, you all are better than that !!!!, we can win , we must win , you all have to have pride and believe in yourselves. then if we still lose id eat myself to death.

Comment

Men, I'm sorry that I took a promotion I'm not qualified for, and had the audacity to think I could function as the play caller on top of that. I will continue in these duties.

Fellas, I'm sorry for my feeble game plan - but I'm not going to change it. It was tailored to the personnel we have. Maybe next season, when many of you won't be here, it will work better.

Guys, I'm sorry I trusted you all to execute simple plays to an acceptable percentage of performance. From now on, I'll make in game decisions based on not trusting any of you.

Comment

Go in your office with a good bottle of Bourbon.....play Video Blackjack and Poker......its legal in NJ

Dont come out, and call in sick......watch the game on TV, let your assistants coach the team

Your undoubtedly going to get fired anyway along with your boss......so dont stress out....put your feet up

Half your team is already mailing it in, or injured.....its only going to get worse

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
                          Go in your office with a good bottle of Bourbon.....play Video Blackjack and Poker......its legal in NJ

Dont come out, and call in sick......watch the game on TV, let your assistants coach the team

Your undoubtedly going to get fired anyway along with your boss......so dont stress out....put your feet up

Half your team is already mailing it in, or injured.....its only going to get worse
                          You know **** is bad when jakk and I concur!!
                          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Do whatever I could to get cohesion and have them by into what i'm selling. If it doesn't work, I know I failed, and admit it, get humble and ask the players where the disconnect is and work through it.

If its a trust, or respect thing, that's hardly ever earned back .
                            sigpic

Comment

Best way to get the locker room back: bench Flowers and Apple.

Comment

Bowling alley field trip!!
                                I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Working...
                                X