Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you're Mara what do you do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If you're Mara what do you do?

    your team is falling apart right in front of you and you still have 11 games to go. you'll be lucky if metlife is half full in the second half of the season.

    you have to do something to restore order or it's really going to spin out of control.

    what do you do?

  • #2
    Fire the head coach and GM immediately. Release Flowers IMMEDIATELY! Tell the rest of the Oline that if they don't step up and start playing through the whistle they are next.

    Promote Spags as interim HC and speak with the players honestly. Ask them to play for each other, the fans, their NFL futures and their pride.

    Tell the players you are going to hire a GM (and coach) who will finally fix the underlying problems with this team, set the tone and expectation of excellence and represent Giant pride. In front of the entire organization, apologize to Eli for hanging him out to dry. Issue a statement to the fans.

    Tell the players that the rest of the season will be about evaluating each of them to decide if they are part of the problem or committed to the rebuild. You are either on the bus or get the hell out no matter who you are. Tell the players that childish and selfish behavior will no longer be tolerated and is not a fit within the Giants culture...no matter who you are.
    Last edited by PennState1; 10-12-2017, 12:19 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      It is out of control.
      Game 14 of season record 1-13 .
      Mara "it's not a sprint it's a Marathon. "
      Mara should take a vacation.
      To the River. Of De Nile.

      Comment


      • #4
        Get on Eli's case. He made a lot of mistakes.

        Comment


        • #5
          id look at total ticket sales (always sold out) tv ,merch, and stadium revenue and then id be like this.

          Comment


          • #6
            write a heartfelt note of apology to your PSL season ticket holders who are absolutely hemorrhaging money on this team and sell the franchise

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Barneygum View Post
              your team is falling apart right in front of you and you still have 11 games to go. you'll be lucky if metlife is half full in the second half of the season.

              you have to do something to restore order or it's really going to spin out of control.

              what do you do?
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

              Comment


              • #8
                The culture of this team needs to change. It did not change by upgrading Coughlin's hire to head coach. More drastic action needs to be taken. (What PennState1 posted above is a good way to start)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                  Fire the head coach and GM immediately. Release Flowers IMMEDIATELY! Tell the rest of the Oline that if they don't step up and start playing through the whistle they are next.

                  Promote Spags as interim HC and speak with the players honestly. Ask them to play for each other, the fans, their NFL futures and their pride.

                  Tell the players you are going to hire a GM (and coach) who will finally fix the underlying problems with this team, set the tone and expectation of excellence and represent Giant pride. In front of the entire organization, apologize to Eli for hanging him out to dry. Issue a statement to the fans.

                  Tell the players that the rest of the season will be about evaluating each of them to decide if they are part of the problem or committed to the rebuild. You are either on the bus or get the hell out no matter who you are. Tell the players that childish and selfish behavior will no longer be tolerated and is not a fit within the Giants culture...no matter who you are.
                  agree wholeheartedly.
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Barneygum View Post
                    your team is falling apart right in front of you and you still have 11 games to go. you'll be lucky if metlife is half full in the second half of the season.

                    you have to do something to restore order or it's really going to spin out of control.

                    what do you do?
                    Honestly, if I were Mara my first move is to go out and find somebody to replace myself. This organization has been slowly but consistently getting more out of control since Wellington died. Hire somebody who is willing and able to make tough and timely decisions. Somebody who can be honest in his/her evaluations and understands the future ramifications of today's decisions. Once you find someone you can trust in that role to make smart decisions about the direction of the team, let that person evaluate every part of the organization and the freedom to make changes where necessary. Let that person create a new organizational stucture if that is what is needed. The failure of this team, if you really want to point fingers, is squarely and solely on Mara. There were many opportunities to right this ship and each time Mara waffled. If Mara is honest in his evaluations, he would fire himself before the bye week and seek a replacement so the healing can begin. Do it now so this person can see how the organization works in season and have a plan going into the off season after fully evaluating everything from coaches, to scouts to the GM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have never been so mad about my all time favorite team in my life....but F it......im firing Macadoo and Reese soon as the season is over.....what Mac is doing to DRC is complete bs

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                        id look at total ticket sales (always sold out) tv ,merch, and stadium revenue and then id be like this.

                        LMAO!!! EXACTLY THIS EXACTLY! I might even raise hot dog prices and water down the beer (insert maniacal laugh).
                        Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

                        I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Mara should come out and support the coach and send the message that the inmates aren't running the asylum.

                          DRC gets traded and warn, if not fine, JPP for sitting on the sidelines while his team went to the locker room. Two leaders show zero leadership. One takes his pads off at halftime and the other sits on the bench. Send a messaage to start fixing the mess.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I could see firing Reese and BM and making Spags interim HC. Not gonna happen though.

                            You can't just cut half the OL, who is going to play? What about all the dead cap money? Cutting players mid season makes no sense

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I hear the south of France is nice this time of year...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X