If you're Mara what do you do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uther99 View Post
    I could see firing Reese and BM and making Spags interim HC. Not gonna happen though.

You can't just cut half the OL, who is going to play? What about all the dead cap money? Cutting players mid season makes no sense
    Neither does losing every game. This is not Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
      Fire the head coach and GM immediately. Release Flowers IMMEDIATELY! Tell the rest of the Oline that if they don't step up and start playing through the whistle they are next.

Promote Spags as interim HC and speak with the players honestly. Ask them to play for each other, the fans, their NFL futures and their pride.

Tell the players you are going to hire a GM (and coach) who will finally fix the underlying problems with this team, set the tone and expectation of excellence and represent Giant pride. In front of the entire organization, apologize to Eli for hanging him out to dry. Issue a statement to the fans.

Tell the players that the rest of the season will be about evaluating each of them to decide if they are part of the problem or committed to the rebuild. You are either on the bus or get the hell out no matter who you are. Tell the players that childish and selfish behavior will no longer be tolerated and is not a fit within the Giants culture...no matter who you are.
      I agree to everything but I would try Flowers at Guard before cutting him.
      The Rosemobile -

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post

LMAO!!! EXACTLY THIS EXACTLY! I might even raise hot dog prices and water down the beer (insert maniacal laugh).
        haha

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
          id look at total ticket sales (always sold out) tv ,merch, and stadium revenue and then id be like this.

I think you've hit at the heart of the problem, its ALL about money and profits and as long as its all good then nothing will change

Comment

Fire the head coach and GM immediately. Release Flowers IMMEDIATELY! Tell the rest of the Oline that if they don't step up and start playing through the whistle they are next.

Promote Spags as interim HC and speak with the players honestly. Ask them to play for each other, the fans, their NFL futures and their pride.

Tell the players you are going to hire a GM (and coach) who will finally fix the underlying problems with this team, set the tone and expectation of excellence and represent Giant pride. In front of the entire organization, apologize to Eli for hanging him out to dry. Issue a statement to the fans.

Tell the players that the rest of the season will be about evaluating each of them to decide if they are part of the problem or committed to the rebuild. You are either on the bus or get the hell out no matter who you are. Tell the players that childish and selfish behavior will no longer be tolerated and is not a fit within the Giants culture...no matter who you are.
            I would truly love for that to happen, but Mara will let us twist in the wind till the very end of the season. So unfortunately we are gonna be subjected to a torturous 11 final games of he MacAdon't era.

Comment

Neither does losing every game. This is not Cleveland.
              So cutting the entire starting OL as being "soft" will create wins? No it will not. It will result in even less talented players being on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by uther99 View Post

So cutting the entire starting OL as being "soft" will create wins? No it will not. It will result in even less talented players being on the field.
                I didn't say cut the entire OL

Comment

Originally posted by Barneygum View Post
                  your team is falling apart right in front of you and you still have 11 games to go. you'll be lucky if metlife is half full in the second half of the season.

you have to do something to restore order or it's really going to spin out of control.

what do you do?
                  I do what I've been doing all year. Count my money, enjoy the game of football, plan a vacation, and generally not worry about things until the end of the 2019 season.

Comment

Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

Comment

Okay, as the owner (Mara) what do you do first? Fire and Hire, Trade, do nothing at this point in the season, give playing time to Webb, Gallman and other rookies then pray your scouts find exceptional draft picks...

Comment

• BigBlueAllDay
                        BigBlueAllDay commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They'd rather go 0-16 doing nothing during the season as usual than to follow any advice from fans, media, sports analysts on how to run the team. As long as Eli is healthy enough to play, they'd rather go 0-16 with Eli than cave to fan pressure to put Webb on the field. They're not benching Eli for Webb. This is more of a reality of what's going to happen.

I wud eat crow.. fire Reese rightaway and get a football guru to head the search for a real GM (not a scout turned GM by fools ) and better scouts
                      Last edited by Giantsafety86; 10-12-2017, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

I think you've hit at the heart of the problem, its ALL about money and profits and as long as its all good then nothing will change
                        the owners wont do anything mark it down. they may if it continued for 2 years like this ask mcdoo to resign gracefully. i remember the empty threats of 2013-14. that was just to appease fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post

Honestly, if I were Mara my first move is to go out and find somebody to replace myself. This organization has been slowly but consistently getting more out of control since Wellington died. Hire somebody who is willing and able to make tough and timely decisions. Somebody who can be honest in his/her evaluations and understands the future ramifications of today's decisions. Once you find someone you can trust in that role to make smart decisions about the direction of the team, let that person evaluate every part of the organization and the freedom to make changes where necessary. Let that person create a new organizational stucture if that is what is needed. The failure of this team, if you really want to point fingers, is squarely and solely on Mara. There were many opportunities to right this ship and each time Mara waffled. If Mara is honest in his evaluations, he would fire himself before the bye week and seek a replacement so the healing can begin. Do it now so this person can see how the organization works in season and have a plan going into the off season after fully evaluating everything from coaches, to scouts to the GM.
                          This is exactly what he should do. Mara is the driving force behind this entire disaster. So what if he fires McAdoo? He got rid of Coughlin and hired someone even worse. Who's to say he won't do the same if he fires Reese? He needs to get his own act together first. And go from there.
                          It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

Comment

At seasons end.

-Fire and replace HC and GM. Keep spags as DC.
                            -Allow eli to make his decision. Stay, go or retire.
                            -Consider OBJ trade offers. Deal him if a nice one comes.
                            -Rebuild the OL and running game.
                            -Draft another young QB to compete for the future,

Anyone that thinks taking a 1st Rd QB and putting him in front of this OL is absolutely crazy. This OL will ruin a young QB.

Comment

Unfortunately, any decent GM candidate is likely already working for a team, and hiring them might considered tampering. But, I would be putting feelers out to other teams to see if they would let me talk to a few candidates. My first order of business is replacing Reese as GM.

Next, I work with that GM to identify replacements for McAdoo. I don't replace him during the season like many here have suggested, the season is lost, might as well get a good pick out of it.

While there is still time, I start looking to trade any veterans that have some value and stock up on draft picks for the next two drafts.
                              My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Working...
                              X