I am all in on this offseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

I don't want Rosen. I'm fine with seeing how Webb is and then if we think we need to draft a QB, then target Josh Allen from Wyoming. I think Allen is the most talented and promising QB prospect. I don't want Kelly. He has attitude issues, has been arrested, almost got arrested again, has never struck me as having all the pieces of an NFL future, and he has an injury history.
    I'm a big Josh Allen fan myself. I thought his poor season would lower his draft projection to maybe the 2nd round but scouts aren't letting up on their first round grade. They see it the way I do. The kid can play.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep13 View Post

I'm a big Josh Allen fan myself. I thought his poor season would lower his draft projection to maybe the 2nd round but scouts aren't letting up on their first round grade. They see it the way I do. The kid can play.
      allen is a better fit for our WCO, but everything i read says he is a project...needs to better go through reads and needs to be more accurate....nfl = tight windows..... allen worries me as a fool's gold type of a guy...but when you watch him play you're like...man this dude can play..... still up in the air on allen but i can totally understand someone liking him more than even josh rosen for our WCO

rosen has been utterly dominant thus far this year.. but rosen seems like an a s s.

i doubt the giants pass the chance to take rosen if he is sitting there.... the giants probably win enough games and don't get a chance at rosen...i don't see the giants targeting L jackson even though he is uber talented.....so you may get your wish.
      Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-12-2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

allen is a better fit for our WCO, but everything i read says he is a project...needs to better go through reads and needs to be more accurate....nfl = tight windows..... allen worries me as a fool's gold type of a guy...but when you watch him play you're like...man this dude can play..... still up in the air on allen but i can totally understand someone liking him more than even josh rosen for our WCO

rosen has been utterly dominant thus far this year.. but rosen seems like an a s s.

i doubt the giants pass the chance to take rosen if he is sitting there.... the giants probably win enough games and don't get a chance at rosen...i don't see the giants targeting L jackson even though he is uber talented.....so you may get your wish.
        I wouldn't be upset with Rosen. I just like the upside of Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

I don't want Rosen. I'm fine with seeing how Webb is and then if we think we need to draft a QB, then target Josh Allen from Wyoming. I think Allen is the most talented and promising QB prospect. I don't want Kelly. He has attitude issues, has been arrested, almost got arrested again, has never struck me as having all the pieces of an NFL future, and he has an injury history.
          I am in agreement in seeing what the Giants have in Webb. I know he's MacAdoo choice( groceries=dinner) but even if the HC gets canned(I don't see it, he will get one more year) why in the world would the team dismiss a 3rd round pick? It wasn't just the Giants brass that felt he could easily go earlier, and if not for the school switch probably would have. If I remember right, the Giants stated he had the top "arm talent" in the draft.
          Getting a serviceable future QB, and even better a possible franchise QB in the 3rd round could accelerate the team back to relevance. Whether fans like it or not, it comes down to managing contracts in the cap era. The brass(whoever that truly is) must know what potential Webb may have before any more drafting debacles take place.

I'm just so shell shocked by this season, still trying to grasp what has transpired. Made big plans for December to take my daughter to her first home game. Talk about putting a damper on that trip.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

you guys are going to hate josh rosen if we continue to run the WCO. square peg, round hole.

why not Chad Kelly?
            I have made this point exactly in another post.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

I am in agreement in seeing what the Giants have in Webb. I know he's MacAdoo choice( groceries=dinner) but even if the HC gets canned(I don't see it, he will get one more year) why in the world would the team dismiss a 3rd round pick? It wasn't just the Giants brass that felt he could easily go earlier, and if not for the school switch probably would have. If I remember right, the Giants stated he had the top "arm talent" in the draft.
              Getting a serviceable future QB, and even better a possible franchise QB in the 3rd round could accelerate the team back to relevance. Whether fans like it or not, it comes down to managing contracts in the cap era. The brass(whoever that truly is) must know what potential Webb may have before any more drafting debacles take place.

I'm just so shell shocked by this season, still trying to grasp what has transpired. Made big plans for December to take my daughter to her first home game. Talk about putting a damper on that trip.
              I just reall don't trust anything that comes from our front office as far as talent evaluation goes,JR will never swollen his pride.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

My guess is Rosen would be a consideration for a new HC/GM. And he is the best QB in the class for me. And no offense, but Chad Kelly is not even close to Rosen. Rosen may be the best pure passer to come out in years.
                +1 They are saying that he's a better version of Matt Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

+1 They are saying that he's a better version of Matt Ryan.
                  Thats the exact comp I have for Rosen.

Comment

I see the name Chad Rosen mentioned often in the MB's. I dont watch college football but I do have a question for those that have seen the prospect: is he mobile or is he another pure pocket passers that perhaps the Giants should pass on?

Comment

Chad Kelly was my fav qb from the draft but trading for him makes little sense. John elway is more savvy than reeese

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbrother View Post
                        I see the name Chad Rosen mentioned often in the MB's. I dont watch college football but I do have a question for those that have seen the prospect: is he mobile or is he another pure pocket passers that perhaps the Giants should pass on?
                        chad kelly? or josh rosen?

josh rosen is having one of the best years any college Qb has ever had. He is purely a pocket passer. He is not mobile. Last year he did not look nearly as good as he does this year. Has personality concerns. This year he looks like the best passer anyone has ever seen. Really impressive. Likely the number one QB prospect this year, perhaps behind sam darnold on some boards, depending n the team fit i suppose.

chad kelly is a mobile QB who could throw on the run, and has scramble ability. Had multiple off the field issues. Scored as the most accurate QB ever tested by "sports science". Had an injury and was red shirted/ put on IR by the broncos for the year. was the very last pick of the draft, i.e. "mr. irrelevant". Is the nephew of Bills legend Jim Kelly.

hope that helps.
                        Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-13-2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Lol enough with this Chad Kelly guy. If the Giants had any interest in him, he would've been on the team. He was literally Mr. Irrelevant, the last pick in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post
                            Lol enough with this Chad Kelly guy. If the Giants had any interest in him, he would've been on the team. He was literally Mr. Irrelevant, the last pick in the draft.
                            Yeah. the Giants don't have interest in the guys they should...obviously, as evidenced by their record.........

Comment

Working...
                            X