To big Macs defense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To big Macs defense

It's not his fault eagles kicker kicked a 61 yard fg. Maybe his fault for allowing that to get to that point.

But still lucky kick.

Not his fault we have tb. Wrs running wide open. We had swiss cheese coverage. Where is spags on that one. Not to mention our all pro was a mess that night and was bad. Equally Goodman was terrible in coverage. Not big Macs fault.

Punting has been killed us. Not big Macs fault.

Defense holding lead vs sd?? Not Macs fault.

Only difference our defense isn't saving us this year. So if we had the same defense as last year we would have 3 wins I bet.

Still not happy with team play and that's on big Mac but special teams coach and spags deserved blame too

What the hell are you talking about?

He is the head coach -- all of those things are his fault.

Comment

Spags He gets a pass.?
      Not in my books

Comment

no one gets a pass and the blame goes all the way up to the top through Mac and Reese to Mara. Mac, especially looks like a dear in the headlights. I've been watching this game for a long time and Mac is in way over his head.

Comment

I hope all coaches get fired. But to line up and attack Mac only I think isn't fair.

Spags and his defense could have us in the season still and moral would be much higher and maybe things would all come together.
          I Just don't like picking on the one guy

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
            Spags He gets a pass.?
            Not in my books
            So Mac gets credit for going 11-5 last year but blame everbody else when things fall apart and are 0-5??? Intriguing pov.

Comment

Everyone should be let go after this year, including Spags. Burn it down completely, and start over.

Comment

think about this.... so far this year through 5 games, the giants went 3 and out on 3 of their game opening drives. They gained a total of 57 yards on 24 plays combined. On the three 3 and out drives, they gained a total of NEGATIVE 2 yards and no more than 1 on a single one of them. Each opening drive this year has resulted in a punt.

Think about that for a second. The first drive is something that coaches plan and strategize for after studying hours and hours of film and it's their chance to showcase to everyone including their opponent and their own players that they are well prepared and ready to coach them to victory.

DRC is on to something and most everyone in the locker room probably knows it.

MAC is a disaster of a coach, no matter which way you slice it. I get that there has been a lack of execution but that's not because the players aren't capable. They aren't prepared and the coach doesn't know what the hell he's doing with all of that talent. It's pathetic.

Name me ONE....JUST ONE thing that coach has done to put this team in position to win.
                Last edited by alwaysready; 10-12-2017, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                  Everyone should be let go after this year, including Spags. Burn it down completely, and start over.
                  Spags is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Spags is a proven asset. He is smarter than most, prepares more then most of his peers, is as passionate as anyone else is and knows what it takes to win as a DC.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

Spags is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Spags is a proven asset. He is smarter than most, prepares more then most of his peers, is as passionate as anyone else is and knows what it takes to win as a DC.
                    With a new GM and HC most likely coming in, you don't keep a DC who in 2 of his last 3 seasons has not fielded a good D.

Comment

With a new GM and HC most likely coming in, you don't keep a DC who in 2 of his last 3 seasons has not fielded a good D.
                      i wouldnt be so sure about that. and I wouldn't pin this year's debacle on Spags. There was NO reason not to sign Hankins and we could have done so for a lot less than what he signed for in IND if we acted quickly. Hankins is obviously a dominant force and we miss him tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

i wouldnt be so sure about that. and I wouldn't pin this year's debacle on Spags. There was NO reason not to sign Hankins and we could have done so for a lot less than what he signed for in IND if we acted quickly. Hankins is obviously a dominant force and we miss him tremendously.
                        Tomlinson has filled in quite well for Hankins. The issue is teams are running away form Snacks and running more stretch concepts. Spags has not adjusted to this. I dont think Hankins is as big a loss as people believe. Spags is 100% at fault for the way the D has played this season.

Comment

it's kind of hard to expect a defense to continue playing the way they did last year. the reality is our opponents have had the luxury of starting most drives near midfield, if not within our side of the field. you see whats happening with the defense's morale. This has all to do with MAC being the disaster he is.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
                            Spags He gets a pass.?
                            Not in my books
                            Im more pissed at the players than Spags. All that money on Vernon, JPP, and Snacks. Cant stop the run, dont pressure the qb....

Comment

Tomlinson has filled in quite well for Hankins. The issue is teams are running away form Snacks and running more stretch concepts. Spags has not adjusted to this. I dont think Hankins is as big a loss as people believe. Spags is 100% at fault for the way the D has played this season.
                              I feel Spags weakness is that he is "too smart" for most players. His schemes are complicated which works to confuse offenses wonderfully until your own defensive players do not know what is going on.

Last year showed us how Spags defense works with no flaws and it is spectacular. But with new players, plenty of injuries, and especially a new MLB to line them all up, that has allowed the flaws to show.

Comment

Working...
                              X