The giants wr curse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The giants wr curse

I hate to bring this up and I do kinda believe in curses, but damn can we ever get a wr to stay healthy?
    Steve Smith
    Hakeem bucks
    Victor Cruz

and now odell. What are the odds of having 4 star wr over the past 10 years or so all go down with major injuries? And I quote seinfield, "it was a million to one shot doc".

just crazy

ps I'm not even going to include Marshall on the list as he never really did anything in giants blue.
    [SIGPIC]

Don't forget Plaxico who helped our 2008 potential Superbowl repeat go down the drain by shooting himself.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hoova0797 View Post
      Don't forget Plaxico who helped our 2008 potential Superbowl repeat go down the drain by shooting himself.....
      Yup forgot about that. Good call.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Manningham got injured and never recovered.
        Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          Manningham got injured and never recovered.
          Very true. I wouldn't call him as much of a star as the other 5 though.

the question is now can odell come back from his injury?
          [SIGPIC]

Comment

WR get hurt a lot.

That's why a lot of them are nutjobs.

It takes a nutjob to play the position.
            Fan since 1970.

"If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"
            -- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
              WR get hurt a lot.

That's why a lot of them are nutjobs.

It takes a nutjob to play the position.
              Yeah but to have 5 star wr hurt (badly) in a 10 year or so span. Thats gotts be unheard of.

Calvin Johnson never played less than 13 games in a season, same with Larry Fitzgerald.
              [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

Yeah but to have 5 star wr hurt (badly) in a 10 year or so span. Thats gotts be unheard of.

Calvin Johnson never played less than 13 games in a season, same with Larry Fitzgerald.
                Those two are not nutjobs.
                Fan since 1970.

"If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"
                -- Joe Don Looney

Comment

The team was close to losing all 3 starting receivers in the preseason loss vs. the Browns. The Chargers game just turned that into ultimate reality, not a total surprise.

Comment

I hate to bring this up and I do kinda believe in curses, but damn can we ever get a wr to stay healthy?
                    Steve Smith
                    Hakeem bucks
                    Victor Cruz

and now odell. What are the odds of having 4 star wr over the past 10 years or so all go down with major injuries? And I quote seinfield, "it was a million to one shot doc".

just crazy

ps I'm not even going to include Marshall on the list as he never really did anything in giants blue.
                    You left out Domenic Hixon who was a really good 2nd level receiver and Ike Hilliard who was a really good 1st level receiver.
                    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post

Those two are not nutjobs.
                      Nicks, Steve Smith, Cruz weren't nut jobs either. Plax and odell yes nutjobs.
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

You left out Domenic Hixon who was a really good 2nd level receiver and Ike Hilliard who was a really good 1st level receiver.
                        Yup. I was trying to keep the list to the top tier wr, but expanding the list it gets even worse lol. What injury did ike have? I was a little younger when he was playing so I don't really remember.
                        [SIGPIC]

Comment

There is no curse, skill players get hurt in the NFL all the time. Which is why there are so few guaranteed money contracts in the NFL.

What happened last week was an statistical aberration. In other words, just dumb bad luck.

It actually couldn't have happened in a better year, IMO. It will force coach menu to get more creative and show us how he handles adversity. It will force Eli to play his best football of his life, or experience the worst year of his life. It might allow us to find a gem of a player who would have never seen the field otherwise.

IMO, this season is done, lets get everything we can out of it for next year. And although I don't believe for a minute that will include tanking games on purpose, it does give us some opportunities to some things that would never be done in an ordinary season.

Just MO.

Comment

Yup. I was trying to keep the list to the top tier wr, but expanding the list it gets even worse lol. What injury did ike have? I was a little younger when he was playing so I don't really remember.
                            Neck and leg injuries, cheap shot by a pos Eagle DB whose name I won't even mention.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Very true. I wouldn't call him as much of a star as the other 5 though.

the question is now can odell come back from his injury?
                              The catches Manningham made in NFC championship game and SB resulting in a trophy have to give him "star" status. He even got the award show gig with Cruz, LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X