Why haven't they signed Cruz?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why haven't they signed Cruz?

Given circumstances, it would seem to be a no brainer. Even if he needs four weeks to get into shape, they have 11 games left and he wouldn't cost much. Im missing something here.

You sure are.

Comment

Jerry Rice available?
      Fan since 1970.

"If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"
      -- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Originally posted by daynemustgo View Post
        Given circumstances, it would seem to be a no brainer. Even if he needs four weeks to get into shape, they have 11 games left and he wouldn't cost much. Im missing something here.
        Your missing that cruz sucks. Did he make the bears... practice squad? Didnt he just say this team tried to sabotage him a few months ago?
        Real question is why would you want him back?
        Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Why bring a guy back that has no future with this team?? The BEARS cut him. And besides the season is over so let these youngins play the season out.
          Last edited by jay051; 10-13-2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post

Your missing that cruz sucks. Did he make the bears... practice squad? Didnt he just say this team tried to sabotage him a few months ago?
            Real question is why would you want him back?
            why want him back? Because he would be better than anyone else they have on roster at this point. Again, what am I missing?

Comment

The better question is why would they sign him? Cruz is one of my favorite Giants, but this team is going nowhere this year so dont take reps away from Lewis, King and Rudolph for a guy who has zero future here.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                The better question is why would they sign him? Cruz is one of my favorite Giants, but this team is going nowhere this year so dont take reps away from Lewis, King and Rudolph for a guy who has zero future here.
                It's not mutually exclusive. Cruz or no Cruz, the young guys will get plenty of chances. You can do both.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post
                  Why bring a guy back that has no future with this team?? The BEARS cut him. And besides the season is over so let these youngins play the season out.
                  Exactly

Comment

It's not mutually exclusive. Cruz or no Cruz, the young guys will get plenty of chances. You can do both.
                    How would it help the team to sign Cruz?

Comment

I'd much rather give the young guys a chance to prove one of them is the NEXT Cruz. Why bring back an older, slower has-been? This is the perfect opportunity to find out what you have in some guys.

Comment

There are lots of guys out there that they should bring back, not just Cruz. Burress isn't with a team right now. Nicks, Steve Smith and Manningham too. With Harris done as well, they can bring back Hixon for returns.

Comment

Whats the upside here? At this point, the season is basically over, you should take this opportunity to evaluate as much young talent, in real game situations as possible. If the Giants were 2-3 or something, I'd say bringing in an older vet might make sense, but in this situation, I don't see any value in it.

Check out the Tailgates of Hell: The NFC East Podcast for the Common Man!

Check out the Week 6 NFC East preview here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...153580971?mt=2

Comment

why want him back? Because he would be better than anyone else they have on roster at this point. Again, what am I missing?
                            I highly disagree.

He's done. Time to let go.

Comment

Better than anyone else they have on the roster? Based on what? Experience?

Please. What good is a WR who lost whatever speed he once had due to injury, and cant get any separation to get open? The guy is banged up beyond repair. Hence, why he's still unemployed
                              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                              X