Ereck Flowers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ereck Flowers

For a guy who has no business playing LT in the NFL, he has actually played pretty decent the last couple of weeks. I still think the Giants need a better LT, but maybe Flowers can move to LG and be a half decent player.

Was thinking the same thing.

What if he continues to play at this level or even improves more during the season. Any chance he is the LT again next year?

Maybe he shows enough that they move him to RT, move Pugh back to G and draft a stud OT to play LT??

Comment

He has actually shown some resolve and mental toughness. My opinion has changed on him got to be honest. I am really impressed he didn't give up or sink even lower. He kept plugging away...good for him.

but it was only the first step really. He still needs to prove he deserves the jkob

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        He has actually shown some resolve and mental toughness. My opinion has changed on him got to be honest. I am really impressed he didn't give up or sink even lower. He kept plugging away...good for him.

but it was only the first step really. He still needs to prove he deserves the jkob
        He's still inconsistent in pass pro and is a waist bender. He needs to add functional mobility to his regimen.

This isn't from me but from OL gurus on twitter. As a run blocker he's good.

Comment

after all the criticism (and rightfully so) he took after the first 2 games..its only fair to say he has played better last few weeks...hopefully he continues

Comment

Want a horrifying thought?

I couldn't help but wonder if, given the way they have played the last 2 weeks, if maybe Reese was right that the O-line could come together and be effective.

Not anointing them to the HOF, but average, maybe above average to very good.
            Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
              Want a horrifying thought?

I couldn't help but wonder if, given the way they have played the last 2 weeks, if maybe Reese was right that the O-line could come together and be effective.

Not anointing them to the HOF, but average, maybe above average to very good.
              Yeah, but JR was talking about the line as originally configured to start the year ... that is not the line that is playing better now.

Comment

He is still a liability and can single handily destroy an offense.

He needs to be upgraded for next season. Non-negotiable.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Yeah, but JR was talking about the line as originally configured to start the year ... that is not the line that is playing better now.
                  Now I suspect that you and I have the same take on JR...I can easily see him saying some version of he bought the groceries, the cook didn't put 'em together right.
                  Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Look, Flowers is not the Special super talented athlete to be a real good LT.

He COULD be a pretty good Guard. He is strong and and has a nasty attitude.

Pugh should be our Long Term RT. He is a Real Good Player.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                      Was thinking the same thing.

What if he continues to play at this level or even improves more during the season. Any chance he is the LT again next year?

Maybe he shows enough that they move him to RT, move Pugh back to G and draft a stud OT to play LT??
                      If he continues to play better on a consistent basis, leave him at left tackle. This remains to be seen. I say leave Pugh at RT. Jones has filled in nicely at center and doesn't get blown up at the point of attack like Richburg. They may have their line in place now. I don't want to see Richburg back at center, but he will more than likely get his job back when healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                        Look, Flowers is not the Special super talented athlete to be a real good LT.

He COULD be a pretty good Guard. He is strong and and has a nasty attitude.

Pugh should be our Long Term RT. He is a Real Good Player.
                        My fear with Pugh is that he is that that perfect player to get a ridiculous offer if he ever hits free agency - he's good, but not great, in a position where few great players ever hot free agency.

Lock him up sooner rather than later if we don't want to overpay.
                        Last edited by Delicreep; 10-16-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Now I suspect that you and I have the same take on JR...I can easily see him saying some version of he bought the groceries, the cook didn't put 'em together right.
                          As much as I think Reeses feet now have to be held to the fire, I would have to agree with him if he ever did make such a comment. The cooks donít appear to know what ingredients they have for the OL and RBs and only decided to try out something new when what they were used to went spoiled and rotten.

If the line continues to play well then it will save Reeseís job (I still donít know if he was ever really threatened anyway)

McAdoo on the other hand it looks bad when all the decisions youíve been putting off are forced on you and they all simultaneously play out for positive

Comment

The change at center was huge. This is your QB/leader on the line and Richberg is not that guy. Also, I've been praying to see Pugh back at Tackle since the preseason.

Flowers has been playing better. It helps that Eli is not passing on every down as he is a better run blocker than pass blocker anyway.

Comment

He's playing better, but we'll see if he can keep it up.
                              New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X