Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mac is perhaps not the reason for last night's success. Is he useless?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac is perhaps not the reason for last night's success. Is he useless?

Interesting take. It is my personal philosophy that Mac is not really much of a coach.

https://sports.yahoo.com/giants-23-1...040021757.html
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

one win and one game....lets see where it goes.
    The run game was good last week too. Also the Giants O only scored 13 points. Wing punted like 4 or 5 times.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      one win and one game....lets see where it goes.
      The run game as good last week too. Also the Giants O only scored 13 points. Wing punted like 4 or 5 times.
      Fine, but if you weren't encouraged by that offense last night then you are missing the point. No turnovers. Smart playcalling. Actually kicking the FGs and not going for it on 4th. Good OL play. Strong run game.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

Fine, but if you weren't encouraged by that offense last night then you are missing the point. No turnovers. Smart playcalling. Actually kicking the FGs and not going for it on 4th. Good OL play. Strong run game.
        I rest my case. Sullivan was calling the plays. If we have an offensive minded coach and he can't even do that, is he really a good coach? I personally don't think so. But I agree, given time we will see what develops and if he can keep this team on the path to more success. Maybe he just isn't good enough to coach and call plays, but if he's good enough as a true HC, fine, I just have my doubts.
        Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post

I rest my case. Sullivan was calling the plays. If we have an offensive minded coach and he can't even do that, is he really a good coach? I personally don't think so. But I agree, given time we will see what develops and if he can keep this team on the path to more success. Maybe he just isn't good enough to coach and call plays, but if he's good enough as a true HC, fine, I just have my doubts.
          I disagree with this logic. I agree with you about Mac not being a good coach, but your logic seems off. Belichick is a defensive-minded coach and Matt Patricia (DC in NE) calls the plays.

Comment

If I recall, when TC "resigned" , wasn't the rumor that Philly wanted Mac ?
            Doh !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDee View Post
              If I recall, when TC "resigned" , wasn't the rumor that Philly wanted Mac ?
              Doh !!!!
              Actually his results would have likely been fairly similar to Pederson's results thus far from an offensive standpoint. Schemes are basically the same but Philly just has the better O-line and a lot more mobility at the QB spot. Question is would have McAdoo brought in Jim Schwartz for the Philly defense.
              Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-16-2017, 04:20 PM.
              Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

It's not the falling down that matters, it's the getting back up that decides who we are.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Mac reminds me of some rec\semipro coaches I played or \ against. There are coaches in the league... like Belichik that will find a way to have a chance to win every week. Then there are guys like McAdoo... where if he has his perfect compilation of players he's unstoppable. When a lineman \ receiver \ QB goes down the system goes into a talespin.

I would not be shocked if after losing 4 WRs Mac was like... F this I have no clue what to do... oh yeah I'll make him do it... perfect! Then everyone will see when he doesn't do much better...

The performance the offense put on last night was GIGANTIC.

3 Things that are being downplayed...

1. The OL shuffling. Pugh to RT was not Macs choice... it was Sullivans.
                  2. The playcalling... he couldn't have called the game like that... he's far too impatient...
                  3. They scored 16 points against the #1 defense in the league with the same players we've been poopooing on for weeks when they DID NOT have their compliment of stars accompanying them.

Under Mac... its draw... draw... draw... draw... I think I saw 1-2 draws last night. I saw trap blocks... double pulls... off tackle runs... pinch blocks by the tight ends... square blocks by receivers... the attention to detail seemed so much better it was redonkulous. The 'little' things were so much better last night.

Because those things were working... Little things like:

The backdoor eli spin worked.
                  The throw to Engram for the TD
                  The long runs... were a product of a stacked box... when you miss gaps when everyone is close to the line its big yards.

Not to mention our defense wasn't gassed at the end of the game because the were on the bench a lot of the game watching our running backs beat up their defense. Imagine if we couldve had these changes while having Beckham out there...

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBandit View Post
                    Mac reminds me of some rec\semipro coaches I played or \ against. There are coaches in the league... like Belichik that will find a way to have a chance to win every week. Then there are guys like McAdoo... where if he has his perfect compilation of players he's unstoppable. When a lineman \ receiver \ QB goes down the system goes into a talespin.

I would not be shocked if after losing 4 WRs Mac was like... F this I have no clue what to do... oh yeah I'll make him do it... perfect! Then everyone will see when he doesn't do much better...

2. The playcalling... he couldn't have called the game like that... he's far too impatient...
                    3. They scored 16 points against the #1 defense in the league with the same players we've been poopooing on for weeks when they DID NOT have their compliment of stars accompanying them.

Under Mac... its draw... draw... draw... draw... I think I saw 1-2 draws last night. I saw trap blocks... double pulls... off tackle runs... pinch blocks by the tight ends... square blocks by receivers... the attention to detail seemed so much better it was redonkulous. The 'little' things were so much better last night.

The long runs... were a product of a stacked box... when you miss gaps when everyone is close to the line its big yards.

Not to mention our defense wasn't gassed at the end of the game because the were on the bench a lot of the game watching our running backs beat up their defense. Imagine if we couldve had these changes while having Beckham out there...
                    This is a GREAT post. I agree on the difference in play calling was dramatic. But, you could see the players believed in what they were doing. The blocking and runs were awesome. How do you know Sullivan shuffled the line? If so, make that man the HC!!

Comment

McAdoo traditionally deflects things when its not his call or he's forced to do something... on the presser he was asked... why was Pugh at RT? "We wanted Pugh at RT" and he repeated it over and over...

It isn't a coincidence though that there's a new playcaller that he plays the guys the way he wants in the positions he wants.

Another question...

The fans have been clamoring for this OL lineup running back combination for weeks now... could we for a change really be smarter than the coaches lol

Comment

Well said, thanks. Exactly , the defense wasn't gassed. Amazing what a little ball control can do for the entire TEAM. Lets your D get a little rest and regroup and plan for the next time they're out there and you keep the opponents offense off the field.

Comment

McAdope is in over his head.
                          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

I pray to God this idiot doesn't resume play calling. Didn't he say afterwards about the play calling "we'll revisit that this week?" He seems rather pig headed and arrogant.

Comment

How do you know that putting Pugh at RT was Sullivan's choice?

Comment

Working...
                              X