Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mac is perhaps not the reason for last night's success. Is he useless?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

Fine, but if you weren't encouraged by that offense last night then you are missing the point. No turnovers. Smart playcalling. Actually kicking the FGs and not going for it on 4th. Good OL play. Strong run game.
    encouraged? yes....
    but thats about it. I still see them as a 4-12 team
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I could actually see a big difference in the way the offense played right from early in the first quarter and I didn't know Sullivan was calling the O plays, Just knew the offense looked different and much more efficient....

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
        McAdope is in over his head.
        it's taken 20ish games, but maybe he finally realizes that his job is to oversee the entire team, and by focusing on the play calling, he was shortchanging the rest of the process. While the playoffs are pretty much out of reach now, he can turn this into a respectable season, depending on how he plays his cards. If he goes back to keeping his face buried in the play sheet, high pick here we come!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
          I pray to God this idiot doesn't resume play calling. Didn't he say afterwards about the play calling "we'll revisit that this week?" He seems rather pig headed and arrogant.
          He indicated that Sullivan would continue calling the plays now.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

How do you know that putting Pugh at RT was Sullivan's choice?
            Ben said it was his choice to put Pugh at RT against Von Miller.

Comment

McAdope is in over his head.
              What is accomplished by calling him a stupid name?

Comment

Originally posted by scoostraw View Post

What is accomplished by calling him a stupid name?
                It makes me feel better.
                I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

It makes me feel better.
                  Well congratulations to you. I think it is immature and inappropriate.

You're smarter than that IMO Fbomb.

Comment

its funny but the first game that McAdoo doesn't call the plays we look a whole lot better on offense against arguably the best defense in the league, says a lot for me.....

Comment

the offense was good as far as the run game....but

TOP was even at 30
                      they only scored 13 points
                      had to punt 6 times
                      54 plays for the Giants vs 75
                      avg gain per play 4.9 yds.

Managed game. This will not win them many games though.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueBandit View Post
                        Mac reminds me of some rec\semipro coaches I played or \ against. There are coaches in the league... like Belichik that will find a way to have a chance to win every week. Then there are guys like McAdoo... where if he has his perfect compilation of players he's unstoppable. When a lineman \ receiver \ QB goes down the system goes into a talespin.

I would not be shocked if after losing 4 WRs Mac was like... F this I have no clue what to do... oh yeah I'll make him do it... perfect! Then everyone will see when he doesn't do much better...

The performance the offense put on last night was GIGANTIC.

3 Things that are being downplayed...

1. The OL shuffling. Pugh to RT was not Macs choice... it was Sullivans.
                        2. The playcalling... he couldn't have called the game like that... he's far too impatient...
                        3. They scored 16 points against the #1 defense in the league with the same players we've been poopooing on for weeks when they DID NOT have their compliment of stars accompanying them.

Under Mac... its draw... draw... draw... draw... I think I saw 1-2 draws last night. I saw trap blocks... double pulls... off tackle runs... pinch blocks by the tight ends... square blocks by receivers... the attention to detail seemed so much better it was redonkulous. The 'little' things were so much better last night.

Because those things were working... Little things like:

The backdoor eli spin worked.
                        The throw to Engram for the TD
                        The long runs... were a product of a stacked box... when you miss gaps when everyone is close to the line its big yards.

Not to mention our defense wasn't gassed at the end of the game because the were on the bench a lot of the game watching our running backs beat up their defense. Imagine if we couldve had these changes while having Beckham out there...
                        This x1000. I think if anything, the success of this game was in spite of Mac. These are changes that probably should have been made after week 2; and the fact that it took this long is eye opening to me.

Comment

Pretty pathetic when the best move this idiot McAdoo has made as HC is to give up play calling after having one of the worst offenses in the league two years in a row and starting 0-5.

I'm sure Mara will consider this a success and we'll be stuck with this bum for another year.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                            I could actually see a big difference in the way the offense played right from early in the first quarter and I didn't know Sullivan was calling the O plays, Just knew the offense looked different and much more efficient....
                            I agree. I was also nice to see Darkwa cut loose.
                            1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Working...
                            X