No announcement yet.

I like Wilson but I also like Da'Rel Scott

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe as a return guy. outside of that i think he would have to beat out cox or torrain for a depth spot at rb which seems unlikely.

Comment

Yeah I like Scott as well,man I hope he can get some time in this year,dude is faster than Wilson,and he can break it every time he touches it.

Comment

Originally posted by DVision View Post
        Brandon Tate is not a speed demon nor is he very good. Scott is very fast, but I've yet to see him break a tackle. On his two big runs it was like the seas were parting.
        Brandon Tate is not a speed demon but he has well above average field speed. Plus he had a great angle on him and was running full field. Scott humiliated him. It was impressive.

Comment

I think Scott gives us some depth at RB and some options on special teams. The dude is pretty big, and can fly.
          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            Why do you like him?
            Well I like his speed and upside he had no shot when he first got here but made the team after a few good preseason games. I just want to see him get a chance to shine see what he can do. I was looking forward to seeing him last year but the injury sidelined him I think he could have used that time to get better but he was hurt and we had to go out and get two redskins castoffs RB.

Comment

Originally posted by DVision View Post
              Scott is very fast, but I've yet to see him break a tackle.
              The Panthers game last season - he got a couple of red zone carries and actually demonstrated some power.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                The Panthers game last season - he got a couple of red zone carries and actually demonstrated some power.
                I dunno, I think you are seeing something you want to see there.

Its hard to say he did anything last year when his stat line reads 6 carries for 9 yards(1.5 ypc), and 1 1st down, for the entire season
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                  I dunno, I think you are seeing something you want to see there.

Its hard to say he did anything last year when his stat line reads 6 carries for 9 yards(1.5 ypc), and 1 1st down, for the entire season
                  He had Bradshaw, Brown and Wilson in front of him. He also spent the majority of the season on IR.

Comment

He had Bradshaw, Brown and Wilson in front of him. He also spent the majority of the season on IR.

wow that run exemplifies the post i made earlier about how if he can run lower and keep his feet moving in combo with his speed, he could be a solid nfl rb. and he looked it on that run he really did. kept his feet churning during contact and got the pad low, needs to get the pads lower tho, still not quite low enough for disiplined tacklers.

Comment

theres def an upside there. if we let him go, id guarantee another team would give him a shot.

Comment

I am not bashing the guy, but c'mon you reading a little too much into a play in garbage time of a game where most the starters were removed?

He gained 5 yards on that play. He gained 4 in the rest of the season.

His career statline is 11 carries for 25 yards.

The Giants seem to have brought in a lot of competition for that last RB spot. Scott will have to beat out Torain and Cox.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                          I am not bashing the guy, but c'mon you reading a little too much into a play in garbage time of a game where most the starters were removed?
                          Nah, not at all. I wouldn't complain if he got cut. I just don't think he's completely useless.

Comment

Two years ago they carried him as the 4th RB so that could mean they really like him.

Comment

A lot of vested interested in a 7th round draft pick who was the 4th string RB and might be cut this year.

All for 25 yards on 11 carries?

This is Game of Thrones rebound isn't it?
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                                11 carries for 25 yards, career stats.
                                11 carries there's my answer. These coaches don't let the players play.

Comment

Working...
                                X