No announcement yet.

The offense wasn't good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We beat the Number 1 run defense with the #29 rushing offense. 3 receivers out, we did something right.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I think your right but still wrong

If you look at it in Isolation I get your point it looks pedestrian, but taken in context of a struggling team, with a new offensive play caller, shuffled o-line, missing three starting receivers and a running back who barley gets to play, there are a lot of positives to take out of this game.

If this o-line shuffle holds up and can actually replicate the running game we had the entire offense is set to explode. Eli will get more time when throwing and the offense get get an identity, confidence and and ability to make defenses respect our run game.

It remains to be seen if the team turned a corner but their is a real cause for hope!!

Comment

No the offense wasn't any great shakes but the one thing they did good was run the ball. And they did stick with it, they had the lead the whole game so they could afford to. 1 TD, 128 yds passing, gave up 3 sacks. But they did get some pts much like last year with the defense winning the game. ST performed well FG's 3 out of 4, punting no shanks, I believe we partially blocked 2 FG attempts. Wynn on the 2nd one don't remember the first. Maybe we just blocked one.

But we had 4 starters out at the skill positions. Never mind 2 starters on the O line. And it was their first game with the new starters on offense against a fine defense at home in their stadium where their very tough. This is how we won last year lets see what happens.

Comment

The good things were they were running the ball.

One bad thing I noticed and this seems to happen a lot is when Eli starts his audible schtick.

It's a momentum killer.

You get a delay of game penalty or he has to waste a timeout. I think he wasted a couple timeouts like that.

Is this a Manning thing? It seems to be. His brother did the same thing. It gets ridiculous.

I'm not familiar with any other QB in the league doing this to the extent Eli does it.
          Last edited by WayBackFan; 10-18-2017, 07:04 AM.
          Fan since 1970.
          ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
          "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
            The good things were they were running the ball.

One bad thing I noticed and this seems to happen a lot is when Eli start his audible schtick.

It's a momentum killer.

You get a delay of game penalty or he has to waste a timeout. I think he wasted a couple timeouts like that.

Is this a Manning thing? It seems to be. His brother did the same thing. It gets ridiculous.

I'm not familiar with any other QB in the league doing this to the extent Eli does it.

Heís probably just doing that to try to look cool.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
              They were good considering the personnel they had. The only chance they ahd at winning was to run and control the clock a bit thus keeping the D fresh. And thats what they did. There was an actual plan for this game unlike McAdoos "Madden" style game plans.
              Considering the fact that we controlled the line of scrimmage throughout the game against the best defense in football since 2015, it is a bit surpriseing that anyone can say that our offensive performance wasn't anything short of great; and to do it on prime time in their building (one of the toughest places to play as a visitor), speaks to a few things.

1-Eli is an elite QB. I know, it doesnt show up in the box score, but W's are more important than stats no matter which way you slice it.

2- MAC is whack. He needs to go. He brings so little to this team. Fire him and give Sullivan a chance to see what heís got. Could be our best immediate move/ solution.

3-we could beAt anyone.

4-we are still in this thing. We need to win 9-10 more.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

Considering the fact that we controlled the line of scrimmage throughout the game against the best defense in football since 2015, it is a bit surpriseing that anyone can say that our offensive performance wasn't anything short of great; and to do it on prime time in their building (one of the toughest places to play as a visitor), speaks to a few things.

1-Eli is an elite QB. I know, it doesnt show up in the box score, but W's are more important than stats no matter which way you slice it.
                we're 1-5. Lol

Comment

I hate to say it, as the offense was certainly more consistent and didnt give up on the run, but it wasn't really any better than the last 3 games. If the defense would have played this well in those laat 3 games, this team is 4-2 right now. The run game has been good the last 3 games, they just stopped running the ball. We scored a similar amount of points the last few games, but the defense did not make plays and hold the leads.

I'm not making excuses for the offense, but this was the best game the d played probably all year and it was a bit too late.

Comment

Can't expect this offense to be good without it's top 3 weapons. They just have to be able to run the ball, eat up clock, and convert 3rd downs. If they can do that, and score 20 points a game, and the defense can build off of last week, they should win a decent amount of games.

Darkwa + Gallman should get 25-30 handoffs a game combined at the very least, and the passing game should be centered around Engram, and Shep when he comes back, plus a few screens mixed in to Vereen/Gallman/Darkwa. They should also take a deep shot one or twice a game for King with his speed. He proved he can make plays down the field at the end of last season vs Was and vs GB in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by JimFassel69 View Post
                      Can't expect this offense to be good without it's top 3 weapons. They just have to be able to run the ball, eat up clock, and convert 3rd downs. If they can do that, and score 20 points a game, and the defense can build off of last week, they should win a decent amount of games.

Darkwa + Gallman should get 25-30 handoffs a game combined at the very least, and the passing game should be centered around Engram, and Shep when he comes back, plus a few screens mixed in to Vereen/Gallman/Darkwa. They should also take a deep shot one or twice a game for King with his speed. He proved he can make plays down the field at the end of last season vs Was and vs GB in the playoffs.
                      I believe that Rudolph or king or both could break out. W

this team was severely underperforming because the HC didnít relinquish play calling. Itís obvious more could and should have been done with the offensive line. All that needed to be done going allllll the way back to last year is to have shuffled guys around until you find something that clicks. It was talked about by many including myself. Flowers career was almost destroyed because this HC is in way over his head.

Comment

Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post
                        Other than committing to the run and actually gaining some yards the offense was pedestrian. They only ran 54 plays and had a total of 266 yards which is 50+ yards below their season average. Eli was sacked 3 times on 19 drop backs. I'll give sullivan credit for sticking to the run but thats about it. Sacks and turnovers are the main reason the giants had such a convincing win.
                        I would agree more if you said the O wasnít exciting. I thought establishing the run was something we desperately needed to help out the O, D and ST. On top of that not turning over the ball was a +. Iíll take it.
                        Depleted and Desperate just win by any means necessary

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Heís probably just doing that to try to look cool.
                          It's not working...

Comment

Seeing as how they played 1 of the best defenses in the league with players off the street.. i'd say they played pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

But you're wrong though.

We had a FG blocked, there was drop on a 3rd down, we were moving the ball well at that point and would have gotten 4 more points. then we just went into clock killing mode practically the entire 2nd half. The offense would have been even better if our wrs weren't running simple routes.

They will get more experience, we should be able to run on teams with our online config and when shep comes back I think he and Engram will be enough for our passing game..
                              Nope, wasn't wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                                They were good considering the personnel they had. The only chance they ahd at winning was to run and control the clock a bit thus keeping the D fresh. And thats what they did. There was an actual plan for this game unlike McAdoos "Madden" style game plans.
                                His playbook even sucks in Madden.

Comment

Working...
                                X