X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Manning voted 'most overrated' QB in NFL player poll

Eli Manning voted 'most overrated' QB in NFL player poll

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...super-bowl-win

Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

So, I guess the players dont know what they are talking about either huh? lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      So, I guess the players dont know what they are talking about either huh? lol
      I'm assuming that they think he's overrated because outsiders call him an elite qb?? Eli is a good qb and has been a solid qb for a very long time with a few bad seasons, and he's not overrated because imo most football fans dont rate him that high to begin with.

Now Luck imo should be rated number one. Luck is not an elite qb.

Comment

Overrated? He gets criticized by everyone except Giant fans (criticized by some Giant fans too) even though he's 7th all time in passing soon to pass Elway into 6th place. He's a two time superbowl MVP and his durability is unreal. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Barneygum View Post
          Overrated? He gets criticized by everyone except Giant fans (criticized by some Giant fans too) even though he's 7th all time in passing soon to pass Elway into 6th place. He's a two time superbowl MVP and his durability is unreal. Whatever.
          Exactly, he's probably the most ridiculed player in the league. We've all seen the "Eli Faces" that mock Eli all over NFL.com (the same time they were hyping RGIII as the next once in a generation QB), the Rain Man comparisons, etc. Eli might be the most underrated. His toughness and durability are legendary, I can't wait to tell my Eli stories in 30 years to my grandkids.

Goes to show you NFL players aren't signed to big contracts because of their intelligence. They get signed because they can play with and handle a piece of pigs skin well.
          I may not believe in a higher power but I believe in Elisha Nelson Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by Barneygum View Post
            Unfortunately its the perception of Eli Manning. Give Jarmacus Russell the exact same resume as Eli and I'm sure he will be no where near the top as an overrated qb. Being Peyton's little bro is a gift and definitely a curse.

Comment

Yawn ....

Comment

It's BS.
                Fan since 1970.
                ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
                "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

I'm reasonably sure the Patriots players from the last two SB's we won didn't vote him as over rated. Or did they? : )
                  Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

...was anyone thrown off by the fact that 4 of the 5 are rarely rated highly anywhere, and the other hasn't played in over a year?
                    Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                      Yawn ....
                      Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post
                      It's BS.
                      How? This is directly from his peers. Not fans. Not coaches. The players he plays against and for through the years. How can anyone just throw this away. IF you arent respected by your peers, you arent respected. The reason half-ish the fans rip Eli are the same reasons why his peers call him overrated. Now, I agree, he cant be overrated due to the fact not many think he is a great QB. The over rated part comes with when you watch him and just cant understand how he was able to put it together to win SBs when his accuracy is so terrible, his clock awareness is awful and his footwork is something out of a horror movie.

Comment

overrated by whom?

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Unfortunately its the perception of Eli Manning. Give Jarmacus Russell the exact same resume as Eli and I'm sure he will be no where near the top as an overrated qb. Being Peyton's little bro is a gift and definitely a curse.
                          This i agree with. Eli has the publicity for being a Manning and also being a part of 2 SB wins over the Patriots as well as many memorable plays. That being said, i can't say he was "rated" to begin with. He just isn't that highly regarded.
                          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

How? This is directly from his peers. Not fans. Not coaches. The players he plays against and for through the years. How can anyone just throw this away. IF you arent respected by your peers, you arent respected. The reason half-ish the fans rip Eli are the same reasons why his peers call him overrated. Now, I agree, he cant be overrated due to the fact not many think he is a great QB. The over rated part comes with when you watch him and just cant understand how he was able to put it together to win SBs when his accuracy is so terrible, his clock awareness is awful and his footwork is something out of a horror movie.
                            Interesting POV of why you think he's overrated and I respect that. You can also spin it that he's underrated too by mentioning the positives he's done in his career. Its how one wants to view Eli and what he's accomplished. We can't ignore his post season success.

Comment

When compared to the talent that's out there Manning is one of the better QB's. I do think that the newer crop of QB's are beginning to overtake him and soon we will see QB's like (hate to say it) Philly's Wentz playing better than Manning.

Comment

Working...
                              X