I would like to start an Eli fight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to start an Eli fight

In all my years here, I don't think I have ever instigated a typical Eli fight.

It's time.

Can anyone clearly explain to me, and preferably be able to back it up, in what way is Eli less accurate than most QB's?
    Or conversely...why is that not true?

Aaaand go!
    eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Career completion percentage would be a good start.....Eli is 59.9%...pretty poor.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
      Career completion percentage would be a good start.....Eli is 59.9%...pretty poor.
      Could I argue that it was way lower under KG high risk/high reward system and way higher under the present WC mess?
      eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

In the last 10 years Eli has ranked 17th, 19th, 18th, 32nd, 17th, 13th, 9th, 13th, 19th, 29th in completion percentage. If you watch the games, it's also quite obvious how often his misses throws. He's never been accurate with short passes, but his long ball has also fallen off quite a bit.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...16/passing.htm
        NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
        Garrett Bolles - OT
        David Njoku - TE
        Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
          In the last 10 years Eli has ranked 17th, 19th, 18th, 32nd, 17th, 13th, 9th, 13th, 19th, 29th in completion percentage. If you watch the games, it's also quite obvious how often his misses throws. He's never been accurate with short passes, but his long ball has also fallen off quite a bit.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...16/passing.htm
          So I cannot really argue that Eli's numbers were brought down by KG's system versus the WC mess because his rankings versus the league do not show that, can I? Might actually be able to argue the opposite.

And in without doing the math, I can see the average over those 10 years is worse that average.

That seems pretty solid to me.

Comment

I don't think you can argue anything...Eli isn't the most accurate QB.

Comment

I don't think you can argue anything...Eli isn't the most accurate QB.
              Not sure who argued that Eli was the most accurate...I didn't.

It looks like he is below average, although only slightly so.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Not sure who argued that Eli was the most accurate...I didn't.

It looks like he is below average, although only slightly so.

Hey...If you like below average....then Eli is your guy...haha

Comment

The truth is that Archie and his wife had a set of twins.

Who we call "Eli" is actually two twin boys, neither of which whose real names are "Eli".

Their actual names are Noah and Moab.

Noah is the one who won the Super Bowls. He's good. All those come from behind victorys? That was Noah.

Moab is not so hot. He's the one who makes all the high throws, the throws into the ground, and has the brain farts.

They both live together and share one woman.
                  Fan since 1970.
                  ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
                  "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

I am not going to get into this deeply but completion % is pretty much a bull**** stat. Very system related. Ben McAdoo’s personal stat-God is completion percentage and we see where that has gotten him.

Eli’s completion percentages are very high under McAdoo but I would say as an overall QB his accuracy is worse than he was with KG.

Eli throughout his career probably was asked to make less higher percentage throws than his contemporaries. I can’t prove that, but it would be my contention

Comment

Warren Moon’s career completion percentage was 58%. Never higher than 64 with Houston and pretty much average was right around 59%.

was Moon an inaccurate QB? (If anyone says yes then there is not much point in discussing this with them)

what system did Moon have all his great success in?

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
                        Warren Moon’s career completion percentage was 58%. Never higher than 64 with Houston and pretty much average was right around 59%.

was Moon an inaccurate QB? (If anyone says yes then there is not much point in discussing this with them)

what system did Moon have all his great success in?

Eli isn't accurate...end of story

Comment

Where are the stats for team drops? What would Eli's numbers look like, compared to the rest of the league's, when accounting for each team's drops?

I feel like, for a while there, I heard the Giants were always near the top of the league in drops. I know these last few years I can think of critical drops by Beckham, Marshall, and even Cruz. The first and third of which were always typically sure-handed, but I think in the last year or two they start looking at the end zone before they secure the catch.

I agree with the OP. Sometimes Eli is off the mark for sure. But, so is every QB now and then, even the Tom Brady's and Aaron Rodgers. I have seen top tier QBs have the occasional wild throw sail off at no one and it seems like it's no big deal - just part of the game. But when Eli does it, it's proof of some larger issue. Maybe it's just because I talk with Giants fans more than any other team's fans and we care more when Eli does it.

I know when I hang around my sister's family, who are Lions fans, they're ready to cut Stafford after any given play. =P Which, I think as an outsider, we can say would be ridiculous since Stafford is the best thing to happen to the Lions in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue10 View Post
                            Where are the stats for team drops? What would Eli's numbers look like, compared to the rest of the league's, when accounting for each team's drops?

I feel like, for a while there, I heard the Giants were always near the top of the league in drops. I know these last few years I can think of critical drops by Beckham, Marshall, and even Cruz. The first and third of which were always typically sure-handed, but I think in the last year or two they start looking at the end zone before they secure the catch.

I agree with the OP. Sometimes Eli is off the mark for sure. But, so is every QB now and then, even the Tom Brady's and Aaron Rodgers. I have seen top tier QBs have the occasional wild throw sail off at no one and it seems like it's no big deal - just part of the game. But when Eli does it, it's proof of some larger issue. Maybe it's just because I talk with Giants fans more than any other team's fans and we care more when Eli does it.

I know when I hang around my sister's family, who are Lions fans, they're ready to cut Stafford after any given play. =P Which, I think as an outsider, we can say would be ridiculous since Stafford is the best thing to happen to the Lions in a long time.
                            Does drops make that much of a huge difference considering the amount of pass attempts in a season??

What is hurting Eli is his first few years in the league in regards to completion percentages. Imo completion percentages also weighs heavily into passer rating and that's why Eli has never been a top tier qb when it comes to the NFL passer rating system.

Comment

Eli misses throws once in a while like every QB in the history of the game. He also makes incredible throws only 1-2 other can make like that TD pass to SS vs. the Eagles.

Comment

Working...
                              X