Would Belichick win with our roster?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Belichick win with our roster?

I'm no fan or Reese but don't you think Bill B would figure out a way to win with our players? I think Ben is out over his skis as an NFL head coach.

Probably not

Comment

No

Comment

No, and really it's a dumb premise--as your comparing a 2nd year coach with the best of all time. The better question is would a top 10 coach win with this roster. I'd say no to that too (of course).

Comment

I do think he would have all kinds of fun with this defensive talent. This offense is so downtrodden though and it would be a tall task for even Bill to win with this group.
          Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Certainly the W-L would improve. Mostly he would engage the players in a different way than they are being engaged now. Fire Reese and Macadont and let BB do it his way and see what happens. Regardless of how you feel about the Patsies, BB is one of the best football guys to come along in a long time; no matter what part of the game you talk about. He's got IT! Kraft is not the reason why the Pats are a dynasty now. Just think, it all began when the Tuna changed their uniforms!!
            But honestly, If BB would entertain the thought of coming back to NY, and I was Mara, I would give him whatever he wanted

Comment

Of course he would win here because he wouldn't say "yes boss" when JR tells him that "the talent is there on the OL."
              It would quickly turn into........."Mr. Mara, it is me or JR, pick one."
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

He would turn Ed Eagan into the next Julian Edelman.

Comment

He might.
                  Fan since 1970.
                  ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
                  "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

I think wed have a better record than we do. How much better, I dont know.

The difference being ring a coach who looks to play with the players he has vs a coach who believes he has a system and Id everyone just executed it perfectly everything would be fine. I believe there is talent on the roster. I do not believe the coach is doing a good job utilizing it.

Comment

Before injuries possibly...I'm sure he would have made moves in regard to the o-line during the pre-season rather than 5 games in. That in itself would have kept Eli better protected in those early games because of better play action and possibly a better time of possession to give the D a rest.
                      Football Is Family - Treasure Every Sunday Watching The New York Giants With Your Family. Nothing Better Than That!!

Comment

BB would not have this roster. He knows what he's doing.
                        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Possibly, I honestly think the one thing that he and his assistants over the year have proven is that they know how to pick players that fit there scheme, however, with that I think he game plans around their strengths and knows how to use them. Who knows, maybe he'd be able to dial up plays or put these guys in different schemes that would maximize the potential. We'll never know, although, he'd no doubt do better than mac and thats understandable I guess, at the end of the day Mac is under experienced and ill equipped at this point.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes. At least 8 wins.

Last edited by TE88; 10-23-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

A portion of this roster would be cut and not on this team under Belichick... lol

Comment

Working...
                              X