Giants' Ben McAdoo isn't planning to play rookie QB Davis Webb this season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Smitty View Post

So obvious it is painful. That is exactly why that idiot McAdoo won't do it. Those stating that Webb needs to be protected like some newborn, lest his fragile ego be damaged, really need to consider why we even wasted a 3rd round draft pick on him in the first place.
    David Carr or maybe you're too young to remember him.

Comment

Same story, different year.
      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

I am all for keeping Eli's streak in tact. I have zero issue with that if it is a factor in the decision to play Webb.

However this team can do both. Play Eli and play Webb.

Unless of course Eli doesnt care about his streak and then get solid time behind center.
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Why would he. His job is on the line. Eli isn't great but He's better than Webb at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Bulls View Post

David Carr or maybe you're too young to remember him.
            I remember him. So what? Troy Aikman. Remember him? Both # 1 picks. Two different careers. No one expected Webb to play this year, but the circumstances have arisen where it makes perfect sense to get him some reps. Start by moving him to the # 2 and let him know what is expected of him.

Molllycoddling a 3rd round pick?

Comment

I honestly think they should give him a game or two at the end of the season to get him some live game action. This is in no way indicative of Eli, but even he has to know that his time is coming to an end in the next 3-4 years (max) and the Giants have to start to think about life after him. I wouldn't make a change soon, but I don't see anything wrong with getting him a couple of real games at the end of the season to see what he has. That's just me trying to look long term, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                There is no downside in playing Webb.
                Ahhhh! Have you not seen this OL play?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smitty View Post

So obvious it is painful. That is exactly why that idiot McAdoo won't do it. Those stating that Webb needs to be protected like some newborn, lest his fragile ego be damaged, really need to consider why we even wasted a 3rd round draft pick on him in the first place.
                  Exactly, the 3rd rd draft pick was wasted. That's what we've been screaming about. It's like when we traded up for Nassib in the 4th rd. He supposedly is nowhere near ready for the NFL. That was the talk when we drafted him.

If we put him in now with nothing working I don't really agree that we learn anything. Eli should ask to be traded if you can still do it this season. Maybe next year Eli would want to go to a contender. With a new QB this team will not be a contender next year either or probably the one after that as well.

Comment

Webb isn't a better QB on his best day. I wouldn't play Webb over Eli at all... I DEF. will not happen with Eli's starting record in play. Also, Eli is the FO's boy. No one will change that.

Eli gives us the best chance to win. #endastory
                    Go Giants!!!

Comment

Well of course he isn't. I'm surprised anyone is shocked by this. A....has never been the Giants way....even when the outcome of the game didn't matter....it has never happened with Eli as the QB. B......It doesn't make any strategic sense for BM to do it. He and Reese are trying to save their careers. The only chance is by winning games. They are going to tray hard to win every game left on the schedule. Starting the rookie is essentially tanking the season to prepare for next season. Those 2 may not be here next season. God willing.
                      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Welp McAdoo sealed our fate as having nothing to look foward to this season.... i hate him so much right now
                        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

As long as Eli Manning is not hurt no other QB's getting to play, remember that, only way Webb starts, Eli injury, or the OWNERS say it's time and with that decision Eli era will be over in NYC...

Comment

ladies and gentleman.. Eli can still start and play the majority of the game. We are on track to get a pretty high draft pick next year and a shot at one of the few potential franchise altering players (Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Barkley, mcglinchey to name a few).

We need to have an idea of where we stand with our future at QB. The most common way to do that is to play our rookie Webb for a few series a game, to see how he improves week to week with the flow and speed of the game. Can he handle the criticism, can he make a big play, can he use his feet, can he handle the pressure etc. We are 1-6 and failing to plan for a BIG decision for our franchise next draft.

Geno is not the answer, i think we all agree on that. Webb may not be either, but lets get a better idea. We want to be as prepared as possible for this big decision.

I have read a lot about not seeing Webb this year, and still drafting a QB. I understand a top 5 pick at QB would be beneficial to our franchise, yet imagine if Davis has the "IT" factor and is able to give us some really good years as a QB, and we are able to draft Barkely in the top 5? A young QB, young RB duo would be a HUGE step in the right direction.

Play the kid (the amount of time is up to you) and lets plan for the future of NYG football, together.
                            Giants fan since 1992
                            Season Ticket Holder Since 2014 (Section 148)

Comment

Redshirt Year I guess

The only problem is will McAdoo be around long enough to get the opportunity to develop Webb or will he be out and Davis will be a wasted pick because the next guy will want to pick his own QB

Comment

MacAdoo is panicking

If he played Webb he would show management he is willing to put the team before his own hide

Comment

Working...
                                X