Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerry Reese probably retained............But he won't....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Reese probably retained............But he won't....

I can see where a scenario such as this plays out. Watching the Giants play against Seattle and the past 3 games prior, we have enough pieces that we aren't far off. We just need some inspiration and innovation and well I think with Sullivan we have that potentially. Reese may not be fired and if he stays, he won't have the final say in who's drafted. That and/or they will bring in another mind to be sort of like a player personnel guy who will assist in the drafting and FA process. I can see something like that happening. JR has messed up as the draft is a crapshoot but he has done some good things as well. They may say he along with the team just need some tweaking or assistance/enhancement.
    Myron Guyton from tiny Eastern Kentucky and Greg Jackson from LSU solidified a Giants Defense as Rookies, maybe Starters, and came out of nowhere in the Draft to prove their worth. Parcells believed in them and they played and played well as Rookies helping the G-men to the SB in '90.....

No chance...the team is a flat out mess and that's on him. Mara said he had been put on notice two yrs ago, I'll be shocked if he's not out after this disaster.

Comment

The giants do not have innovation. I absolutely agree with that. Where I disagree with you at is about how close they are. They aren't close at all. The teams that are good in the NFL right now are good at 3 spots: HC, GM, and QB. The giants currently are garbage at GM, horrendous at HC, and average at QB. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon keeping things as is at those 3 spots that I call the triad.
      If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

I would love to see a new GM. Reese has under performed IMO.

Having the right talent to execute is the issue and having the right coaching HC and his staff
        to exploit that talent and make them better is a big deal. Having a great OC and DC helps for sure
        but not as important as the ability to execute. Reese and Mac need to go if the Giants are to
        move forward. Innovation isn't the issue its icing on the cake. You can win without it,.
        sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

I can't evern argue with anything you guys said!!
          Myron Guyton from tiny Eastern Kentucky and Greg Jackson from LSU solidified a Giants Defense as Rookies, maybe Starters, and came out of nowhere in the Draft to prove their worth. Parcells believed in them and they played and played well as Rookies helping the G-men to the SB in '90.....

Comment

I just don't see how he can come back this time.

He is not getting the job done.

It's a cold harsh business, but add up the W's and L's over the last 5 seasons and it tells the story.

Comment

It's time to fire Reese, no more of he's doing enough to keep this team afloat. Outside a few players here and there, he has been an anchor on what is our roster. No depth, offensive line couldn't compete against Alabama.
              With the way this season is going I don't want him to have any say in the rebuilding phase. He might draft a defensive end from Australia who can out jump a kangaroo.
              Marc Ross can hit the bricks too.

Comment

John Mara has the final say as he approves all personnel decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
                  It's time to fire Reese, no more of he's doing enough to keep this team afloat. Outside a few players here and there, he has been an anchor on what is our roster. No depth, offensive line couldn't compete against Alabama.
                  With the way this season is going I don't want him to have any say in the rebuilding phase. He might draft a defensive end from Australia who can out jump a kangaroo.
                  Marc Ross can hit the bricks too.
                  Whom ever comes in the run Football operations, has one Hell of a mess to clean up. Clock is against Eli with at most 2 years left, if he doesn't get killed this year. On offence, outside of some quality Wide receivers, and the new TE. Whats there? Not much, Pugh, maybe Jones and Flukker? RB's are average if that. On defense, The vaunted secondary has turned to be very pedestrian. I'd rate Collins & Jackrabbit as the best of the group. So what to do there? LB's the only one worth anything is Goodson. The only solid unit is the line, but with Vernon always hurt. We have more holes than a big Swiss cheese. Kicking game sucks, ST a disaster area. Coach couldn't lead a Boy Scout Troop. A GM that thought the OL was good enough, nuff said about JR. Hope Mr Mara is realizing the team he inherited is in danger of being the laughing stock of the NFC for years to come, if he doesn't take swift and drastic action soon.

Comment

Originally posted by myronguyton3 View Post
                    I can see where a scenario such as this plays out. Watching the Giants play against Seattle and the past 3 games prior, we have enough pieces that we aren't far off. We just need some inspiration and innovation and well I think with Sullivan we have that potentially. Reese may not be fired and if he stays, he won't have the final say in who's drafted. That and/or they will bring in another mind to be sort of like a player personnel guy who will assist in the drafting and FA process. I can see something like that happening. JR has messed up as the draft is a crapshoot but he has done some good things as well. They may say he along with the team just need some tweaking or assistance/enhancement.
                    I don't think it's right but i can see them doing this,they don't like change

Comment

The upside of going 1-15 or 2-14 is that Mara/Tisch hand will be forced. Burn the whole thing down and start over.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                        John Mara has the final say as he approves all personnel decisions.
                        Which is where the worry lies. How much of a great business man is he?
                        I don't know that but I do know he was handed a business. For real businessmen
                        Jerry Reese was gone a long time ago. They talk about football players executing
                        this guy is just as bad as the team.
                        sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

1-15 gets everyone fired in coaching and front office, i want no more wins, i hope we lose the 9ers, give the 9ers their one and only victory....

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Which is where the worry lies. How much of a great business man is he?
                            I don't know that but I do know he was handed a business. For real businessmen
                            Jerry Reese was gone a long time ago. They talk about football players executing
                            this guy is just as bad as the team.
                            Not directed at you but John Mara has won just as many Super Bowls as his dad and Jerry Reese was our GM during that time. That makes getting rid of him that much tougher.

In addition, we all know the Giants have a system in place. If they bring in a new guy to run their system, how much change should be expected?

Comment

what I would like to know is no matter what happens to any player the Patriots keep landing on their feet and just keep on trucking and don't miss a beat....

Comment

Working...
                              X