Eli Manning Has Played In 11 Playoff Games, 9 Good Games & 2 Bad Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Relatively speaking they are exactly that. If you have your priorities in order, like speedman, then you will understand there are far more important things in life than a football game. But it's all relative. I enjoy watching football every Sunday with my family. I like debating it with people. But I know it's significance in my daily life too.
    Well said.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
      Some day you guys will get it. No Giant fan has an issue with Eli. After 2 SB's how can anyone not love Eli?

The issue with the few of you is over your inability to control your adulation over him. We all know how good Eli is, and we don't need anyone to continuously remind us of that. All we need is our eyes.

Look at it this way - if we all know how great Eli is, why would we we need to remind ourselves of his greatness ad nauseum? It reeks of insecurity, or it's a sign of an unhealthy obsession with a good guy who happens to be a damn good quarterback.

We all are partial to certain players. Bottom line is I like Eli and simply don't give a rats *** if anyone else does.

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
      Sounds good to me, so we shouldn't expect any name calling from you directed at other Giants fans who like Eli as well correct?
      Of course, as long they are not obsessed with him and are genuinely good people.

The vast majority of the board talks positively about Eli and do not have any issues.

Only those that are embarrassingly fulsome in their posts about Eli have a difficult time - and rightfully so. But never forget, it's not about the player. It's the the behavior of the "groupies".
      Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Of course, as long they are not obsessed with him and are genuinely good people. The vast majority of the board talks positively about Eli and do not have any issues.Only those that are embarrassingly fulsome in their posts about Eli have a difficult time - and rightfully so. But never forget, it's not about the player. It's the the behavior of the "groupies".
        You can't resist the groupies thing can you?

Comment

OOnly those that are embarrassingly fulsome in their posts about Eli have a difficult time - and rightfully so. But never forget, it's not about the player. It's the the behavior of the "groupies".
          Whoever they may be, why not ignore them? I don't see anyone attacking you over your questionable loyalty to the Giants.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedman View Post
            lol. ;-)

Comment

Whoever they may be, why not ignore them? I don't see anyone attacking you over your questionable loyalty to the Giants.
              its make believe. the reality of the situation, and i can support this claim, is that the posters saying theyre attacked by eli cultists and that whole spiel are the posters insulting and attacking others for not having the same opinion...i could point out half a dozen threads in like 5 min and prove this repeatedly.

meanwhile, i've always asked for the posts that do what they claim so i can know what to avoid. and that they may very well be right.

Comment

Most of the time I do. But it is a message board...

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                  lol. ;-)
                  For me, undeniably the part of the GMB that's the most fun. Who can resist?
                  http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                    I think we should petition the mods to let everyone take the gloves off. This place would be a lot more fun.

Comment

Here's my attitude. I get more enjoyment out of life from my wife, children and grandchildren. It's fin to talk about the Giants and watch their games, but it's still a game. It doesn't have an affect on my life if they win or lose. I don't see why you can't understand that.
                      Why bother watching the games?
                      sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
                        Why bother watching the games?
                        Strictly entertainment. Relief from life's stress.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
                          Here's my attitude. I get more enjoyment out of life from my wife, children and grandchildren. It's fin to talk about the Giants and watch their games, but it's still a game. It doesn't have an affect on my life if they win or lose. I don't see why you can't understand that.
                          You sound like a casual fan.

I figured only diehards would take the time to discuss the G-Men in detail. I guess not.

Comment

You sound like a casual fan.I figured only diehards would take the time to discuss the G-Men in detail. I guess not.
                            I consider myself a diehard Giants fan I want them to win every game they play, but don't let it effect me when they lose. I very rarely watch a game that they're not playing in, except when I used to bet on the games.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                              Well that's because a certain aspect amuses you.

Using this picture, anyone want to name some of the posters here? lol.

Comment

I consider myself a diehard Giants fan I want them to win every game they play, but don't let it effect me when they lose. I very rarely watch a game that they're not playing in, except when I used to bet on the games.
                                I have to admit, that I don't pay attention to other games like I used to either.

And I used to be depressed off a Giants loss until the next day. But now it doesn't affect me like that. I thank players like Michael Strahan and Ralph Brown for changing my perspective. I'll always remember those two guys smiling large after devastating losses. If it's no big deal for some players, it's certainly not that big a deal for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X