No announcement yet.

Jenkins...the final straw.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what trash coaching looks like. Suspensions just flying around left and right amongst veterans.
    When times get tough it will start to wear people down but a true leader knows how to pull the best from his team in these situations. If you dont have the ear of your people you have NOTHING.
    Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

last time was Ray Handly team was out of control i was at the game in the giants stadium eagles Vie sikahema runs back a punt to chants Ray must go with the Eagles bench goading them on sickening were just scratching the surface here,it's gonna get worse.
      It's like childbirth, I just blanked out the Handley years.
      Last edited by WayBackFan; 11-01-2017, 08:49 AM.
      Fan since 1970.
      ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
      "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

Not blaming the 11-5 coach for everything
        What coach is 11-5?

Comment

The Inmates are running the prison!
          Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Macadoo doesn't even look the part of a professional HC. He never had the team to begin with.

Comment

Why was the other thread removed?

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                What exactly did Jackrabbit do to warrant a suspension?

Reports are he was excused from practice on Monday and showed up for work today.

Duggan suggested that he was suspended for not calling on Monday.
                The current story is that he wasn't excused and just missed practice.

I don't understand the approach by MacAdoo at all with this one and DRC.
                Why the "indefinite" suspension?
                It seems so childish on the coach's part as if he is saying....."you better be on your best behavior this week or this can go on for longer."
                Neither DRC nor Jenkins are ****** bags with a bad history and they are adults. If he is going to treat every suspendable offense this way, he will lose the team,,,,,has probably lost them already.

And btw, if Jenkins didn't conduct himself well this year, Mac could always extend the suspension. This "indefinite" thing leaves me shaking my head and say once again # in over his head.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                  When the offense was top 10 back in 2015, the defense was utter garbage. The offensive players remained professional and went about their business without blaming the defense.

This crap says alot about our coaching and the leaders on the defensive side of the ball.
                  True. Defense got so much money they are owners now
                  Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Originally posted by southerngirl View Post
                    The suspensions are one of the few things mac did right. Most of the team has been playing hard dispite the record. But a couple like jenkins have not.
                    I would venture this sudden attempt at discipline would never have taken place had the Giants been in contention. It seems a publicity stunt combined with a desperate move by a desperate coach to subliminally place blame other than the head coach or organization.

"Window dressing" at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

The current story is that he wasn't excused and just missed practice.

I don't understand the approach by MacAdoo at all with this one and DRC.
                      Why the "indefinite" suspension?
                      It seems so childish on the coach's part as if he is saying....."you better be on your best behavior this week or this can go on for longer."
                      Neither DRC nor Jenkins are ****** bags with a bad history and they are adults. If he is going to treat every suspendable offense this way, he will lose the team,,,,,has probably lost them already.

And btw, if Jenkins didn't conduct himself well this year, Mac could always extend the suspension. This "indefinite" thing leaves me shaking my head and say once again # in over his head.
                      I have to disagree with you on this one.....the reason it's indefinite is because you don't know how the player is going to come back and respond......DRC came back right.....if Janoris comes back and causes issues the suspension stands.....if he takes his medicine like a man then he's reactivated.

If you don't suspend these guys then you're really in trouble.....or you're playing favorites. I have zero problem with what Mac's done. To be honest with their record I would've axed them both....set precedence that this bull**** won't stand.

Comment

When the offense was top 10 back in 2015, the defense was utter garbage. The offensive players remained professional and went about their business without blaming the defense.

​​​​​​​This crap says alot about our coaching and the leaders on the defensive side of the ball.
                        I agree, the Denver defense plays it's heart out every game and their offense is garbage. They all toe the line , say the right things. Very professional they garner lots of respect. The leadership on this team leaves so much to desire. McAdoo needs to go as soon as possible. Put Spags as interim coach and let Sullivan run the offense. It would calm things enough to get thru the season.

Comment

Wasn't the defense and offense fighting each other back in the 90's?

​​​​​I think that would be alot worse than a couple of disgruntled employees.
                          After the Vikings disaster in the playoffs yup

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

last time was Ray Handly team was out of control i was at the game in the giants stadium eagles Vie sikahema runs back a punt to chants Ray must go with the Eagles bench goading them on sickening were just scratching the surface here,it's gonna get worse.
                            Was there also with my dad. The weather was miserable and the season was lost. Have to agree, were headed in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by NotreDameBavaro View Post

Was there also with my dad. The weather was miserable and the season was lost. Have to agree, were headed in that direction.
                              weird day started off sunny then the rain started and it went down hill from there lol

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post

I have to disagree with you on this one.....the reason it's indefinite is because you don't know how the player is going to come back and respond......DRC came back right.....if Janoris comes back and causes issues the suspension stands.....if he takes his medicine like a man then he's reactivated.

If you don't suspend these guys then you're really in trouble.....or you're playing favorites. I have zero problem with what Mac's done. To be honest with their record I would've axed them both....set precedence that this bull**** won't stand.
                                I understand that you are saying it is sort of conditional, you act the right way and I'll let you back.
                                It just seems like a childish approach to me.

I think it is understood by a grown man that if he continues to act out, there will be more punishment coming.
                                Or you just say it......"Look Jackrabbit, I'm gonna sit you for a game, dock your salary and that will be it unless you continue to let the team down."
                                That feels like a more adult approach to me and he reserves all of his rights in the process.

I honestly can't recall any other indefinite suspension unless it involved drug arrest or domestic abuse.

I think Mac is trying to project the appearance of being firmly in control. He needs to work harder on ACTUALLY being in control.

# over his head
                                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                                X